What's new

Tech - Possessed Possessed wakeup stuffing

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
DISCLAIMER: I don't know if this has already been discovered so please feel free to let me know.

So I was messing around in the lab trying to find some use for Possessed's EX BF3 aside from screen positioning. This is the end result. EX BF3 is a hard knockdown so all you can do is either wakeup or take a mixup and some chip. Depending on the speed of the wakeup Kenshi can potentially armor break them.

Obviously there are some problems with this. For starters this can only armor break 13 frames or slower, as you see in the video He cannot armor break Kenjutsu Kenshi's 12 frame EX BF2. I accidentally left out a part where I was testing with Liu Kang's EX Fly kick in DF and they trade or if you mistime it (which is very easy to mistime BTW) He hits you with the kick. When they trade they're both left standing and neutral or likely in Liu Kang's favor. In Dualist and Flame Fist the trade is in his favor. Other problems are Kenshi's B1 itself. I would assume that this would be his armor breaking move because of it hitting twice, but it doesn't even do a good job of doing that with 17 startup frames and 14 active frames. Compare that Liu Kang's B1. His B1 is 9 frame startup and 7 active frames. It's Twice as fast as Kenshi's B1, It's completely safe, and he can hit confirm into a full combo.

Got a bit off topic there. This is definitely matchup specific tech. One MU I see it helping in is War God Kotal. The War Gods I've fought love that EX Overhead and this armor breaks the hell out of it. So what do you guys think? Has this already been discovered, are there any other good or bad things with this, and what MUs do you think this would help in.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
DISCLAIMER: I don't know if this has already been discovered so please feel free to let me know.

So I was messing around in the lab trying to find some use for Possessed's EX BF3 aside from screen positioning. This is the end result. EX BF3 is a hard knockdown so all you can do is either wakeup or take a mixup and some chip. Depending on the speed of the wakeup Kenshi can potentially armor break them.

Obviously there are some problems with this. For starters this can only armor break 13 frames or slower, as you see in the video He cannot armor break Kenjutsu Kenshi's 12 frame EX BF2. I accidentally left out a part where I was testing with Liu Kang's EX Fly kick in DF and they trade or if you mistime it (which is very easy to mistime BTW) He hits you with the kick. When they trade they're both left standing and neutral or likely in Liu Kang's favor. In Dualist and Flame Fist the trade is in his favor. Other problems are Kenshi's B1 itself. I would assume that this would be his armor breaking move because of it hitting twice, but it doesn't even do a good job of doing that with 17 startup frames and 14 active frames. Compare that Liu Kang's B1. His B1 is 9 frame startup and 7 active frames. It's Twice as fast as Kenshi's B1, It's completely safe, and he can hit confirm into a full combo.

Got a bit off topic there. This is definitely matchup specific tech. One MU I see it helping in is War God Kotal. The War Gods I've fought love that EX Overhead and this armor breaks the hell out of it. So what do you guys think? Has this already been discovered, are there any other good or bad things with this, and what MUs do you think this would help in.
Yea I do this w kenjutsu after ending w db4 and off of 331 Enders.

The main issue is it doesn't really help anything,
Like what I mean is it works vs the poor and does nothing to help kenshi vs the rich.

So yea it's good at times and w possessed u aren't forced to hit confirm because you do a db4/df4 and just roll w it

W kenjutsu I'll do b1 bf2 if I'm not feeling lucky and b1 ex df1 if I feel an angel on my shoulder

Does nothing against the "problems" though such as Kang, reptile, Cassie, predator (db3 ), shinnok and sometimes when you "roll" w it or hell even do a -14 shoulder the above mentioned can still wake up block and punish it

Also tremor can wake up CROUCH BLOCKING and second hit of b1 whiffs making kenshi -41

Yes that's correct b1 on whiff any hits makes him -41

-41 footsie normal

Brb let me grab my shotgun and noose

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
Thanks for sharing man.

I don't wanna be that guy, but while this can work great against >13f armored wakeups, it's certain death if the opponent does a delayed wakeup. b1 is death on whiff (-41) and you get full combo punished for it.

Edit: Pig beat me to it with a much better response, gg

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
The life of a Kenshi main is a sad one. Can't blame blame a guy for trying. Seriously -41 on whiff who thought that was a good idea?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Also knew about it.

And B1 is terrible overall (17 frames startup lol and -41 on whiff)

Also don't forget that if you whiff B3 which is very commonly used by Kenshi players, it is... -32 on whiff.

Delayed wake up destroys Kenshi on top of everything else.

But don't worry guys... Obviously Kenshi is fine...

Last edited: