What's new

Breakthrough - Unbreakable Poor Unbreakable

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I couldn't find this anywhere, so I thought I'd post

- Flip is acknowleding alien as airborne so Unbreakable's shield can't parry it, even on ground.

Never allowed to live... @colt @16 Bit

Someone share this to Paulo on twitter (I don't have one) so it can get fixed

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I labbed this a while ago. He CAN'T parry the overhead and the jumping attacks. He can parry ONLY Scorpion's and Mileena's teleportation attacks as far as I learned. And this parry is also an AWP (Anti-Wakeup Parry).

And Alien's Tail Whip is a jumping attack. The same happens with Xeno Pounce. Try this. I main both.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
It would be nice if there was a bit more rhyme and reason to what parries in this game work against, though I'm doubtful NRS will do an overhaul of that particular system if we get a patch. Luckily, this isn't that big a deal, as their are other things in Alien's arsenal we can Parry, and as for Alien's reversals, we can just block them or armor break them like everyone else.

If there's one thing I honestly hope gets changed in the Unbreakable v Alien matchup, it's the fact that acid damages Sub while Aura is on (same with caltrops and other DOT effects) and is completely ridiculous, invalidating a very large point of the variation. If there's anything we should petition Paulo about, it's this.

Tanno

If there's one thing I honestly hope gets changed in the Unbreakable v Alien matchup, it's the fact that acid damages Sub while Aura is on (same with caltrops and other DOT effects) and is completely ridiculous, invalidating a very large point of the variation. If there's anything we should petition Paulo about, it's this.
Speaking of which, now that you mentioned this, I find this ridiculous for the acid and the traps to hurt Subby with his Aura on. This Aura is a living Ice Klone protecting him from any chip attacks. Literally, this Aura is Sub Zero's Icy Armor. I find this ridiculous to see that even something trivial like this DO hurt Sub Zero, even though it shouldn't in physical logic.

The only way to parry those overhead and jumping attacks is to do EX Aura and block.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Speaking of which, now that you mentioned this, I find this ridiculous for the acid and the traps to hurt Subby with his Aura on. This Aura is a living Ice Klone protecting him from any chip attacks. Literally, this Aura is Sub Zero's Icy Armor. I find this ridiculous to see that even something trivial like this DO hurt Sub Zero, even though it shouldn't in physical logic.

The only way to parry those overhead and jumping attacks is to do EX Aura and block.
Umm ex aura and block doesn't parry , I'm confused on what your trying to say

Tanno

Umm ex aura and block doesn't parry , I'm confused on what your trying to say
This is the only way to avoid the chip attacks and the other attacks that the Parry can't freeze, and to get ahead of them. They don't parry, but they block, and you can insta attack them back.