What's new

Poll: Should Cyrax be Changed Before Final Kombat?

Should Cyrax be Changed Before Final Kombat?

• It's Too Close/Roll the Changes Back

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Let It Rock

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

It's honestly a pretty hard call to make! I can see some people wanting a different result regardless of which way it goes.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As a viewer I vote to let it rock. But I mean, the only people that should really have a say are the ones actually competing. So ¯\(ツ)

Let it rock!

By Final Kombat, we'll get to see how Cyrax competes in the meta against Khameleon and Janet.

Reactions: nxn

nxn

Noob
Let it rock -- I doubt it will make much of a difference either way. The players there will be able to flawless block to mitigate chip damage consistently enough, and they'll likely assume that others there will be able to do the same.

So while I'm usually against any changes before major tournaments, I don't think this one will really have as much impact as some may think.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This is a huge balance change. Very drastically affects how multiple characters are played.

If the aim was not to make any major changes prior to final Kombat, this was a massive failure.

I think people are underestimating the impact this will have. Baraka, Rain, Kitana, Johnny, Raiden, Sindel, smoke; these characters are significantly improved with Cyrax as he is.
When you look at the most recent tournaments, there has been significant kameo variety. I feel this is a massive step backwards.

Have we had any confirmation regarding whether this was a glitch or intended and just not documented in the patch notes?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
having to lab cyrax with a whole bunch of new teams 10 days before final kombat sucks BUT being told like 5 days after u grinded cyrax that hes actually not legal sucks more

kind of a lose lose situation wish theyd have communicated quicker
NRS is somehow finding a 3rd option to the poll that's the clear worst option. They could have immediately come out and just said "we're rolling it back but it will take us a while" or "it was on purpose, it will stay" and no one would be having any of these discussions, there would be no ambiguity, and the pro players would be happy because they'd have their expectations properly set.

Instead, the clock is ticking and the longer NRS waits, the more people are going to be annoyed one way or another.

I'm not sure in the longrun if I want cyrax's nerf to stay undone, but I think on principle for the people at final kombat, a change this big should be reverted back for that, and from there we can decide.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I think the un-nerfing didnt take into account some things other characters gained, like Rain with his cancels, so there's bound to be some new, potentially OP techs to be discovered. Not giving people enough time to lab and adapt to this new tech isn't the right thing before a major tournament, otherwise they should allow new character/kameos in tournaments regardless of how soon they were released.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I'm a broken record, but my main game is Hunt Showdown.. They're rolling out a HUGE Patch in 3 months.

Communication- 15 minute videos every week from the Developer talking about what to expect MONTHS from now.

NRS is an fn joke.

CanoCano

Noob
Is Namco any different? They are releasing a major patch next week, which is two weeks before CEO, possibly the biggest Tekken tournament of the year excluding EVO.
Pretty sure the only company that doesn't do this is like, ArcSys? Does Capcom count if they only did a single major patch in a year?

rifraf

Noob
If it was EVO, this situation would be depressing. Personally, I'm not that invested on Final Kombat but still letting this thing fly would in my opinion be detrimental to the competitive integrity of the event.

I'm sure there are people that actively hope the game becomes as much of a meme as possible, and allowing this BS fly would be a big step in that direction.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Pretty sure the only company that doesn't do this is like, ArcSys? Does Capcom count if they only did a single major patch in a year?
If it’s Capcom, you have to do it two days before :cool:

In all seriousness though, the SF6 patch before this year’s CB is one of the closest I’ve seen in years for changes that big.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Voted revert it back just because how much I hated the game when 80% of the teams had Cyrax in them. And with other characters now changed there is bound to be unlabbed tech by tournament time.

However you can't actually scale it back now because that's even worse lol. Having people adjust to go and say "nah nevermind" even CLOSER to the tournament would be death.

Tbh a simple communication on if it was an error or intended would have made this a significantly easier position than the one that sits now.

LEGEND

YES!
Oh yeah lmao i forgot to patch was right before CB
Kind of a false comparison.

Its much different when the changes are heavily previewed and the event is grass roots where the people had the ability to vote on letting the patch rock.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Kind of a false comparison.

Its much different when the changes are heavily previewed and the event is grass roots where the people had the ability to vote on letting the patch rock.
They basically had to take that vote. The Cyrax changes are minor compared to rebalancing the entire cast just before the second biggest major of the year.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
There's no excuse, tbh - a lot of people are coping saying "communication requires lots of hoops to jump through" which is just not good enough. So many devs have better coms, even ones that work under large media companies like WB.
Screw comms, honestly. My thought is focused on why EVERY patch since release has had a slew of undocumented changes. What is NRS' internal logging process and why does it seem to always fail?

This is super concerning to me, honestly