What's new

Please submit your chars mixups for my guide.

Vagrant

Noob
I'm working on a guide for new players and as a reference sheet for experienced players that covers each chars mixups. Lows and Overheads.

Please only submit the mixups that you feel are sufficient threats. And obviously I don't need pokes for lows. If a certain hit in a string hits low or high please submit the whole string and explain which hit.

Also please include weather or not the move/string is safe on block and if it leads to a combo.

I ask your guys' help because not every forum has a list of hit levels (I tip my hat to the SZ forums) and it would be alot quicker to ask each chars respective mains to list the mixups than for me to go off of memory and training mode.

The sooner you guys submit this stuff the sooner I can get this guide done. If all goes well it should be up by next week.

For Cage, his best overheads are

21f2 (the f2 is an overhead): launches, -3 on block and pushes Cage away
f33b3 (the b3 is an overhead): neutral on block and pushes Cage away
f4: launches, neutral on block

He also has a low with 21b4 (the b4 is a low), which is +1 on hit and -8 on block, but it's really never used.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Liu kang:

213. Final hit is overhead. Launches. Safe on block.
B312. First hit is low. Launches. Safe on block.
F3. Stand alone overhead. Does not launch. Safe on block.
Edit: Low Fireball. Hits low. Can be linked from most strings. Safety on block depends on distance from opponent
Dragon stance sweep. Stand alone low. Does not launch. Safe on block.
Is this what youre looking for?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Are you just looking for string info that says "hit one is a high, hit two is a low so be sure to block" or more along the lines of KL's 2 4 into lowhat or...is it 2? (not a lao person) I'm thinking of stuff for Ermac but they involve his b2, f4(with or without b2 at the end), u4...etc. He doesn't have low stuff. :(

Vagrant

Noob
Are you just looking for string info that says "hit one is a high, hit two is a low so be sure to block" or more along the lines of KL's 2 4 into lowhat or...is it 2? (not a lao person) I'm thinking of stuff for Ermac but they involve his b2, f4(with or without b2 at the end), u4...etc. He doesn't have low stuff. :(
You don't have to list the highs just list the whole string and say which one is the low/hi

For low hat you would just write: Lowhat - hits low, does not lead to combo, unsafe on block, can be linked out of most strings.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Smoke -

B2 - overhead and safe on block (0)
B23 - first hit is an overhead and string is punishable on block (-8)
3D12 - 2nd hit is an overhead and string is safe on block (0)

Flagg

Noob
CSZ:
33 is a high to low and 34 is a high to overhead.

As most know, 21, 2+1 is a launcher move, but I like to throw a 2 out, then go straight into 33 or 34.

He does have a low starter, B3, which can be cancelled into ice ball or you can do his b312 move, but B3 is quite slow.

Flagg

Noob
33 only links to combo if you EX the freeze right?
Yeah, you cant 33 into normal ice ball, it has to be ex. You can also 332 into ex ice, which is easier to cancel into than his standard 33.

His mixups is mostly based on the ability to 332 into slide for the untechable knock down or 34, dash, B22, slide for the same thing. Of course there are more elaborate things you can do, but those are the CSZ "mix up basics" if you will.

Quan Chi:

Low hits:

In string F1 2 1+2, the second hit is low. This is a good forward moving string.

B3 1+2, the first hit is low. Great combo starter and mix-up. Can also do B3 3 to avoid the 10 frame gap in B3 1+2 if someone tends to poke out.

Overhead hits:

B3 1+2, the second hit is overhead--as stated above, there is a 10 frame gap between the two hits of this string.

U3 is overhead. It is extremely risky and full combo punishable by the whole cast. I use this, but sparingly--you can cancel it into trance, so it can start a huge comback with Rune Trap if you have the meter to spare.

2 1 U3, the last hit is overhead. It is just as risky as a naked U3, but even worse, you cannot special cancel this string, while you can cancel a naked U3 into trance. This string, to my knowledge, is not used by any Quan players for any reason.

ryublaze

Noob
Sektor
u3,4 (overhead) / u3,3 (low),4
1,2 into b3 (low),4 / 1,2,2 (overhead) (i don't really like this mix-up)

Scorpion
b2 (overhead) / f4 (low)
2,1+2 (overhead) / 2, takedown (low) or 2 into f4 (low)
2,1,2 (overhead) / 2,1, takedown or 2,1 into f4 (low) (i personally don't think 2,1,2 is worth it at all)

Sub-Zero
b1,2,1, dash, throw / b1,2,1, dash, 2,1
(corner) 2,1,2 clone trap into f4 (overhead), ice ball / ex slide (low) (i think regular slide hits into clone too, probably only on certain characters)

Skarlet
1,1,2, red dash, throw / 1,1,2, red dash, 2,1
red dash, ex down slash (overhead) / red dash, 1, 1, 4, ex dagger, f2, 1, 2, 1+2 (catches them stand blocking for ex dagger blockstring)

Obviously there are more mix-ups like Sektor doing 1,2,b1 or 1,2 into leg lift/throw, I just listed the low/overheads and the standing reset throw/blockstring ones and the most practical ones.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Do you also want a risk/reward analysis for the mixups? As in when it'd be used, why, what would be its use, etc.

Vagrant

Noob
Do you also want a risk/reward analysis for the mixups? As in when it'd be used, why, what would be its use, etc.
If you'd like to include it sure. I'm gonna go ahead and add that stuff after collecting all the data first. But if you wanna add something feel free.

GGA Saucy Jack

Kano:

B2: overhead, unsafe on block. mini launcher.
B2,3: first hit is overhead. Safe on block. Mini launcher
B2, F1: first hit is overhead. Unsafe on block. Mini launcher
F3,B2: first hit is low. Safe on block. Full combo launcher.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you'd like to include it sure. I'm gonna go ahead and add that stuff after collecting all the data first. But if you wanna add something feel free.
when i have some time tomorrow ill go over all of subs mixups in detail along with his gimmicks

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kano:

B2: overhead, unsafe on block. mini launcher.
B2,3: first hit is overhead. Safe on block. Mini launcher
B2, F1: first hit is overhead. Unsafe on block. Mini launcher
F3,B2: first hit is low. Safe on block. Full combo launcher.
note that the overhead can be linked to ex knives then straight ball for 4 hits 30% if youre gonna add risk/reward, ex knives i believe are +5 on block, could be wrong tho

GGA Saucy Jack

Very true qwark. Thats why i called it a mini launcher. Lol. I guess i should have used more detail. Good looking out!

Flagg

Noob
note that the overhead can be linked to ex knives then straight ball for 4 hits 30% if youre gonna add risk/reward, ex knives i believe are +5 on block, could be wrong tho
Yeah, Kano can virtually link all his standing normals into specials. Thinking about it, i'm positive he can cancel a special off all his standing normals and nearly all his strings, at the end, or mid way through, with the exception of b112.