What's new

Please read injustice gameplay questions and observations.

Nolan1654

Green Lantern Corps
Okay by all means I think injustice is a better game from a gameplay standard then MK9 I believe characters are more balanced the wager meter works and it has solid footsies and solid zoning mechanics. I'm by no means trying to troll this game since I really enjoy it and believe I have became a solid player at it. But now I have a few things I want to throw out and I'm curious if it effects any other players besides me.

1) input errors I know this was a big problem in mk9 and in this game it is a lot better. But I main GL and if you know GL I'm using 223 minigun(I use this combo on block) a lot and I try to hit confirm as much as I possibly can since in the long run you will be a lot better player for it. I've been playing mr.mileena at night these last couple of days running as much as 30 matches 40 matches and he's always laughing at me. Why because I bitch so much about 223 minigun since I swear half the time I'm getting 223 ram and I'm being punished because of it. I know for a fact I'm doing 223 minigun and there are times where the ram comes out and I scratch my head not understanding wtf is going on. This is the same for meterburn also I played this game enough to know how to meterburn the proper way with my character and there are times where it just wont come out and I loose 25% damage because of it, its especially bad on wu.

2) This question might be controversial and I might get hated on for it but I want to ask it and I'm curious what tourney caliber players think of it. Do you feel all characters should have 1 invincible wu? Since I know a few characters do, do you think its unfair for not the whole cast to at least have 1. I play GL if are LM was invincible on wu I'm sure a lot of people would call it op since that's 33% gone. But at the same time when I have played Mr. mileena and he has used KF I can't help but say isn't it op? That slide is invincible on WU and its f***ing + on block plus it goes into a full combo for shit tons of damage. So I'm curious what people think if they feel having 1 invincible wu should be universal instead of just being limited to some characters.

Bouncepogo

UWOTM8
1) input errors - you may need to turn release check to 'off' in the controller settings

2) in every fighting game there are some characters with better wake up options than others, it fits their playstyle and the balance of the game, putting in a generic invincible wakeup across the cast would only water the game down IMO.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Okay by all means I think injustice is a better game from a gameplay standard then MK9 I believe characters are more balanced the wager meter works and it has solid footsies and solid zoning mechanics. I'm by no means trying to troll this game since I really enjoy it and believe I have became a solid player at it. But now I have a few things I want to throw out and I'm curious if it effects any other players besides me.

1) input errors I know this was a big problem in mk9 and in this game it is a lot better. But I main GL and if you know GL I'm using 223 minigun(I use this combo on block) a lot and I try to hit confirm as much as I possibly can since in the long run you will be a lot better player for it. I've been playing mr.mileena at night these last couple of days running as much as 30 matches 40 matches and he's always laughing at me. Why because I bitch so much about 223 minigun since I swear half the time I'm getting 223 ram and I'm being punished because of it. I know for a fact I'm doing 223 minigun and there are times where the ram comes out and I scratch my head not understanding wtf is going on. This is the same for meterburn also I played this game enough to know how to meterburn the proper way with my character and there are times where it just wont come out and I loose 25% damage because of it, its especially bad on wu.

2) This question might be controversial and I might get hated on for it but I want to ask it and I'm curious what tourney caliber players think of it. Do you feel all characters should have 1 invincible wu? Since I know a few characters do, do you think its unfair for not the whole cast to at least have 1. I play GL if are LM was invincible on wu I'm sure a lot of people would call it op since that's 33% gone. But at the same time when I have played Mr. mileena and he has used KF I can't help but say isn't it op? That slide is invincible on WU and its f***ing + on block plus it goes into a full combo for shit tons of damage. So I'm curious what people think if they feel having 1 invincible wu should be universal instead of just being limited to some characters.
I've been saying it for a while but all I get are scrubs telling me I'm a scrub because they don't understand how this game reads inputs. I've seen players like @juiceboxabel MortySeinfeld KingHippo CD jr and Hitoshura complaining about motions in this game as well. Basically in MK9 diagonal inputs never existed so moves like down forward 1 needed to actually have both inputs. They decided to add diagonal inputs in this game to make the game feel more like capcom games.

So if you're a stick player you know how square gates work and you know what a dead zone is. If you aren't I will explain. The deadzone on a stick is the half way point where the game starts reading motion inputs. If you move the stick past the halfway point you can feel the deadzone click. One very common issue in the MK control scheme is that if I am holding down, the stick may be reading the input as down + forward or down + back because you aren't perfectly centered. Now lets say I need to poke out of a situation with green arrow with a down + 1 but I am not perfectly centered with my motion and the stick is reading down + back. I may accidently shoot arrows straight in the sky resulting in getting comboed rather than getting a crouching jab to escape the pressure. Its very frustrating. The obvious mechanic in place that some people may not be aware of is the fact that if you are holding just down you block everything but overheads and this was probably their answer to not being able to get motion inputs in the game correctly. I really wish that if they wanted to add an MK9 style control scheme they would remove the use of diagonal inputs in the control scheme all together. Because as it stands the better control scheme for a stick player is the alternate control scheme, but at this point I would have to go back and relearn a lot of stuff that has become second nature to me. And its frustrating because I really do like the motions of the MK style control scheme better.

Characters should have viable wake up options at the sacrifice of eating a combo if they guess wrong. Having some characters that absolutely can not wake up and others like killer frost that can yolo on wake up safely is unacceptable. It was unacceptable in MK9 and it is unacceptable in this game. Never should a character have a get out of jail free card on wake up pressure. They should have to take risks to escape pressure.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It does feel like this game drops inputs. I cannot play with negative edge on, at all.

I haven't tried using alternate controls yet, I may though.

I would use Alternate controls if it weren't for Back/Forward motions being Half-Circle Forward motions.

The Alternate controls actually does alleviate my inability of going from a crouch poking string (d1, d12) directly into a forward or back string. Specials always come out, and I haven't really found a viable way around it yet.

When going from down, to forward; The down is staying buffered for way too long.

This shouldn't be happening:

d1 (or d12), F213 = D1, DF2 (special attack).

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
#1 is due to negative edge being turned on as others have said

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I have the same issue with input errors :(
This irritates when you are training some matchup and you seriously need something specific, then the game does not read correctly and you start a bitch.

Nolan1654

Green Lantern Corps
Enless i have a bug i have my NE turned off, only thing i can think is what people said sometimes there is a bug where it keeps turning on.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Lantern's Might is invincible on wakeup. Like all invincible WU attacks, it can be punished on block or on whiff, meaning it's very vulnerable to crossups. If you go to practice mode and set a GL to wakeup LM and MB.f3/b3, you'll see the attacks pass through each other.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
But at the same time when I have played Mr. mileena and he has used KF I can't help but say isn't it op? That slide is invincible on WU and its f***ing + on block plus it goes into a full combo for shit tons of damage. .

Everyone has already made appropriate comments about the post. So I`ll be the one to say you should probably look into the frame data to see that the slide is -4 on block, and not +. If you`re gonna fight Killer Frost, you better check that stuff.

Nolan1654

Green Lantern Corps
Everyone has already made appropriate comments about the post. So I`ll be the one to say you should probably look into the frame data to see that the slide is -4 on block, and not +. If you`re gonna fight Killer Frost, you better check that stuff.
Hmm I did check killer frost after getting owned by her believe me I though it said +2 or 3 must of been mistaking lol. And then with green lantern LM being invincible on wu maybe im not getting this but if im doing his wake up people are still hitting me while doing his wakeup how is that invincible? For instance I wake up with lm im still getting hit by lows while in the process of the move is this a hit box thing? Since with KF it doesn't matter what I do I go through her wakeup and get punished.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Hmm I did check killer frost after getting owned by her believe me I though it said +2 or 3 must of been mistaking lol. And then with green lantern LM being invincible on wu maybe im not getting this but if im doing his wake up people are still hitting me while doing his wakeup how is that invincible? For instance I wake up with lm im still getting hit by lows while in the process of the move is this a hit box thing? Since with KF it doesn't matter what I do I go through her wakeup and get punished.
Alright. Just because you get off the ground with an attack, doesn`t mean it`s a true wakeup attack. If you don`t input it in the right (and very small) amount of frames, it won`t be invincible. You`ll still wakeup with your move, but you`ve missed the opportunity for the invincibility frames.

Secondly, invincibility frames don`t last for the entire animation of the move. Different attacks get different amounts of wakeup frames. I`m not sure about Lantern`s lift move, but a perfectly inputted wakeup lift might give 6 or 8 frames of invincibility, while the move takes 10 frames to hit. If they hit you in those invincibility frames, you`ll be fine and the lift will hit them after their attack "goes through" you. But if their attack lands in the small amount of frames between the end of invincibility, and the beginning of the active frames of the move after the startup animation, you`ll be hit and it won`t work.