What's new

Please explain 312 to me...

Vagrant

Noob
I feel like such an idiot for asking this.

I never use this string, I don't think I saw any mention of it in mortys guide, it's neg on block (although you can just msc) and 13f to startup the 3.

Yet I see showtime using it against Cat, I see sonya mains referring to it. What am I missing here? Does it jail after a jip? is it just to mindfuck? I understand the hit level is char specific, I don't understand what the hell is so special about this string.

My fellow sonya mains, please enlighten me, and I apologize for the stupidity...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Shit string, dont use.

Its literally a wasted potential launch where you couldve used 114 or B21, 3 1 2 is just as interuptable as everything else she has, and none of it launches properly.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I mostly use it after landing a f4 after the jip since it grants her the most chip with the followup ms f1 cw ( 12% I believe and it builds 1 bar). I also use it vs high hit box characters occasionally in the corner.

Vagrant

Noob
Thank you

Yeah after f4 was the only feasible time I could think to throw it out there since the jip is free. Is the ms f1 interruptible after the 312 though?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Thank you

Yeah after f4 was the only feasible time I could think to throw it out there since the jip is free. Is the ms f1 interruptible after the 312 though?
Nah its gives her the most cancel advantage into MS attacks I think,
114 gives the least which is why you can only use MSB4 as your low option because MSF1 can be interupted, however, B21 has alot of cancel advantage into MS though, so it makes MSF1 free.

I use it once I'v already got in. It can combo but its a mix up assist to me. Starts with a mid hit, push em out or keep em in, sometimes do chip 314ms4 after ms f1 because it her highest chipping string
Good for some corner combos.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
It can be used to pressure in matches where the string hits on crouch block. like vs kenshi dash cancel out off a military stance into 312 ms. You really have to set it up though. I mostly use it when I have freddy or kensh cornered.

Edgar Inc

B3 everything
It's only really useful against large hitbox characters, since it will hit them while they crouch block. It enhances your pressure game against them. Besides that, it's pretty useless

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I get my wakeup stuffed more by this string than any other. Not sure if its an actual property of the string, or what, but I get wakeup blown out by this string constantly. Just thought id add that for ya. Take it with a grain of salt though as it comes from a non sonya player obviously.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
IMO it is not that useful, but it does hit larger characters on crouch block. You can't interrupt a MS cancel followup and it is a bit more chip...but honestly B21 MS isn't interrupt-able either and it is a really easy hit confirm string that you can end in F2 for a huge combo.

I usually do one of these two strings when I get a safe jump into another MS mixup or throw

Justice

Noob
The big advantage to this string is that it's a mid-starter where the rest of Sonya's strings all start high. So there is some mind game potential if your oponent thinks they are going to crouch and whiff punish your string.

Other than that, there are better options.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
After a jump punch on block, or after a f4 on hit wth the safe jump is when you can use 312. Jails them high, if you hit confirm 31 you can do 31 kartwheel 1 112ms. If they block the 312 after your jump, you can start mixing it up

3ms low or mid
312ms low key mid
3ms block cancel d4ms f1
31ms low mid
3ms block cancel d4 ms block cancel f4 rinse and repeat.

The goal is to make them respect the whole 312 after a safe jump or register jump in on block, once they are respecting the full 312 the mind games are endless

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
314 has its uses. A Person who knows the Sonya mu well would take the 2 from 312 and roll away ( 2 does 7% dmg and Sonya gets 7% chip from the 2msf1 cw portion of the 312 block string anyway) So that would be the best thing to do since you get away with the roll and don't have to worry about any mixups.
However if the Sonya player reads that they will do this, he can do 314ms and 4ms alone on hit grants a safe jump in like f4 and you can put your opponent in the same situation again.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Well I was messing with it and if you can hit confirm 31 somehow you could dash for 1, 2, cartwheel, 112 ms for 26% max damage. 29 with jip but I think foxy is right. Its always better to have the full combo hit confirm than a potential drop and missed combo and the tech roll get away or wake up situation imo