What's new

Playstation All Stars

theWasyl

Reptile the other green meat
I just picked up this game and its amazing. At first I was skeptical being a long time smash brothers fan but this game has soooo much more depth then smash ever did. Granted some things need tweaking but this was such an awesome surprise of a game. If anyone wants to play hit me up my palystation ID is theWasyl

Mosp

Noob
I just picked up this game and its amazing. At first I was skeptical being a long time smash brothers fan but this game has soooo much more depth then smash ever did. Granted some things need tweaking but this was such an awesome surprise of a game. If anyone wants to play hit me up my palystation ID is theWasyl
How does the fact that there is no damage impact the gameplay and styles of matches? I was always the most worried and turned off by this mechanic mainly because the corner game in smash played such a huge role.

theWasyl

Well pretty much instead of straight out damage it builds meter heavy hits generate more meter and with meter you can insta-kill a target. Here is where it gets funny and awesome in short the lower skills of 1 or 2 bars for the most part can be interupted and the meter can be wasted. also throws which can be seemlessly done drain meter from the target.

Also because of the no damage items going from a gimmick become a straight out almost necessity in combat giving more meter draining meter or slowing targets or interupting. with how the game is built it becomes you cant ignore 1 person and focus another as combat goes on. Need to make sure people arent running around racking free kills. Also the combat is intense and combo oriented and heavily focused on weaving in and out of combat.

There was some gameplay of PSA, Seth Kellian was describing it on WNF (Wednesday Night Fights). I'll see if I can pull it up when I get the chance

theWasyl

The biggest downfall of the game sadly is its single player. But again who plays these types of game for solo play alone. Also the makers of the game have stated things will be patched (kratos actually being OP as fuck fast and strong and great killers in other words everything he isnt in mk) but they wanna see how people play the game in the mass populace and see how things pan out.

In short:
Pros:
Fast paced combat
Excellent Practice mode sorta similar to MK except more options
Excellent and intense AI
Great and amazing stage layout
Items are not a joke
Online almost perfect and no lag whatsoever from what I have experienced
Ability to play online against the Vita and Ps3 users simultaneously with no difference in lag
***Some characters appear to be too strong and some too weak (its a fighting game)

Cons:
Shallow presentation in Single Player
Not so intuitive in game menu options
Player rivalries range from awesome to what the hell??!?! (meaningless)
***Some characters appear to be too strong and some too weak (its a fighting game)

*** again will be patched

theWasyl

I havent seen a community website maybe we can get a forum area here and yeah... Jak does.... Radec is fun as fuck if you wanna mess with people and kite all day er day