What's new

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Notes on 3/19/13 Balance Patch

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I was hoping they would also reduce the range on that forward 1 move. Sometimes I think im pretty safe from it by spacing pretty far only that find out that I was still too close lol
F1 is just stupid. Fast Safe Tracking move that must be rolled on read. If you guess wrong, now you're punished for full kombo. If you guess right, well now you're in but you kan't punish it.

Kratos is the Kabal/Kitana/Kenshi of the game all rolled up into one.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Thanks for tagging me. I'll take note of these changes for when I play again. I'm seriously dedicated to Raiden as a main.
Well since I have never seen your raiden im not sure how the system changes will affect your gameplay. It look like they made him super unsafe and pretty much took most of his level 1 kill confirms. I guess it will be a race to level 2 and 3 from now on. Oh and yeah no problem on the tagging hehe

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
F1 is just stupid. Fast Safe Tracking move that must be rolled on read. If you guess wrong, now you're punished for full kombo. If you guess right, well now you're in but you kan't punish it.

Kratos is the Kabal/Kitana/Kenshi of the game all rolled up into one.
he is up there for sure. I guess any characters that have too much going on for them will always end up top tier. he got speed, range, parry, a tracking grappling move with unfair range, decent level 1, 2, and 3, and very good meter gain. no real cooldown oh his strings.

the forward 1 did get nerf tho in one of the previous patches. Another issue I have with him is the fact that he can do some of his moves at least two times in the air before he hits the ground. It's like you never know when to counter the guy sheesh

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
he is up there for sure. I guess any characters that have too much going on for them will always end up top tier. he got speed, range, parry, a tracking grappling move with unfair range, decent level 1, 2, and 3, and very good meter gain. no real cooldown oh his strings.

the forward 1 did get nerf tho in one of the previous patches. Another issue I have with him is the fact that he can do some of his moves at least two times in the air before he hit the ground. It's like you never know when to counter the guy sheesh
What exactly did they change in F1?

And who do you use?

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Even though I main Sly Cooper, I'm glad that they nerfed his 2 most overused/braindead moves.

I rarely played it after the Parappa AP glitch was discovered and got lvl 2'd over and over again every other match but now I have some hope for the game.

Justice

Noob
Thanks for tagging me! All of this is great info :)

Yeah, I still play but every game is on hold right now because I have a pretty huge goal in mind for myself @EVO and I'm gonna need to work my ass off between now and then to even have a chance of accomplishing it.

I agree with everything for Sackboy EXCEPT the Electropad nerf. That was really unnecessary. Course it could be my fanboyism showing and the fact that now I can't play my Sub-Zero style Sackboy :(

Speaking of, do we need to buy the DLC to get the patch? or is the patch live when we insert the disk? Not sure why I'm confused about this but some of the wording makes me think that I need the DLC to get the patch.....

And still no Crash Bandicoot? FUCK YOU SE! errr ummm SONY! :p

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
What exactly did they change in F1?

And who do you use?
these were the changes for patch 1.05

Raiden
- Changed reaction on forward throw from crumple to flatten. (Removed his kill confirm from a forward) throw

Nathan Drake
- Increased start up on cover wall. (Removed Drake gun loop...or run n gun loop however they call)

Kratos (That's when they nerfed the forward square)
- Combat grapple recovery time on block and whiff increased. (pretty much less safe to prevent spamming)
- Combat grapple homing angle has been decreased. (i think they gave it a 90 degree angle - previously would grab you anywhere)

EDIT: I play Drake and Kat now. Mostly focusing on Kat because I want to reach 999 with her. She is hard to useman epecially against advance players. Just because she has a plethora of kill confirms (debris into level 1) ppl think she is overpowered. In 1v1 she's a beast but the same cant be said for FFA.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Thanks for tagging me! All of this is great info :)

Yeah, I still play but every game is on hold right now because I have a pretty huge goal in mind for myself @EVO and I'm gonna need to work my ass off between now and then to even have a chance of accomplishing it.

I agree with everything for Sackboy EXCEPT the Electropad nerf. That was really unnecessary. Course it could be my fanboyism showing and the fact that now I can't play my Sub-Zero style Sackboy :(

Speaking of, do we need to buy the DLC to get the patch? or is the patch live when we insert the disk? Not sure why I'm confused about this but some of the wording makes me think that I need the DLC to get the patch.....

And still no Crash Bandicoot? FUCK YOU SE! errr ummm SONY! :p
No you dont need the DLC to get the patch. As a matter of fact it's the other way around, you have to download the patch in order to get the dlc and new stage. The patch will allow you to play against the new DLC chars and in the new stage even if you dont buy them. If you buy GOW Ascension there is a free code for both characters (so maybe you have a friend who bought GOW but doesnt have PSABR:)). Other than that it's gonna be $4.99 for each and hopefully $1.99 again for the new stage (mashup of Medieval and Unfinished Swan).

As for Crash and Spyro SB and Seth always say that it takes two to tango. So they have reached out to Activision, but I dont know what kind of deal they want. All I know they are the reason why the fans are suffering, not Sony;)

Good luck at EVO sir. That's a pretty ambitious goal. EVO will test your skills for sure so I understand the need to put everything on hold. Count me as +1 on the stream (if your matches are being streamed) for support. Gotta support the community :D

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
So can Spike no longer hit confirm into his level one?
If you are referring to the air electric ball into level 1, Yes. that setup is gone now. But look at the bright side, fat princess air knight (down sword) into level 1 is gone as well :) I hated that KC lol, it was too easy to spam. Pretty much all the jump 1 hit air attack into level 1s are gone i.e.
- sweet tooth jump D1 into level 1
- Raiden's air forward circle, air down triangle into level 1
- toro dive kick into level 1
- Good cole air tether into level 1 or air tether into d1/F1 into level 1 (hmm not too sure about that one
- kratos air medusa into level 1

just to name a few:D. Now im pretty sure if you can combo after the air attack into level 1 you are still safe (i.e. Raiden air Forward circle (on hit)>ground forward 1>level 1). Im pretty excited to see how this game plays after the patch hehe

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
If you are referring to the air electric ball into level 1, Yes. that setup is gone now. But look at the bright side, fat princess air knight (down sword) into level 1 is gone as well :) I hated that KC lol, it was too easy to spam. Pretty much all the jump 1 hit air attack into level 1s are gone i.e.
- sweet tooth jump D1 into level 1
- Raiden's air forward circle, air down triangle into level 1
- toro dive kick into level 1
- Good cole air tether into level 1 or air tether into d1/F1 into level 1 (hmm not too sure about that one
- kratos air medusa into level 1

just to name a few:D. Now im pretty sure if you can combo after the air attack into level 1 you are still safe (i.e. Raiden air Forward circle (on hit)>ground forward 1>level 1). Im pretty excited to see how this game plays after the patch hehe
But...that was Spike's best tool...

This is so depressing. Now all he can do is hit confirm a level 2 off of a bananarang.

I am so sad right now.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
But...that was Spike's best tool...

This is so depressing. Now all he can do is hit confirm a level 2 off of a bananarang.

I am so sad right now.
Maybe this will be able to confirm into level 2, not sure about level 1 tho

--- Forward Square changed from an Eject Tornado to a Butt Drop reaction if it is not fully charged (that's pretty huge imo)

EDIT: But yeah this is the reason why most 1 hit air attack into level 1 are gone. If you can work around that by doing an extra attack into super you should be good.

--- Characters have been standardized to not be able to Super until frame 12 after landing during an air attack

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
these were the changes for patch 1.05

Raiden
- Changed reaction on forward throw from crumple to flatten. (Removed his kill confirm from a forward) throw

Nathan Drake
- Increased start up on cover wall. (Removed Drake gun loop...or run n gun loop however they call)

Kratos (That's when they nerfed the forward square)
- Combat grapple recovery time on block and whiff increased. (pretty much less safe to prevent spamming)
- Combat grapple homing angle has been decreased. (i think they gave it a 90 degree angle - previously would grab you anywhere)

EDIT: I play Drake and Kat now. Mostly focusing on Kat because I want to reach 999 with her. She is hard to useman epecially against advance players. Just because she has a plethora of kill confirms (debris into level 1) ppl think she is overpowered. In 1v1 she's a beast but the same cant be said for FFA.
I guess that's a proper Nerf. Last time I played it tracked everywhere and you kould literally win against decent players by just using that move and that move only. Wiff Punish, Check People, Anti-Air, and randomly throwing it out there. Spam, spam, roll, spam, wait, wiff punish, spam, spam, etc.. lol.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
This game was rushed for a release date that it should not have been on anyway, for marketing purposes.
I definitely like the way you put it instead of thinking that SuperBot didnt know how to properly balanced the game. Sony Santa Monica is the one in charge now (im guessing that's why kratos stayed overpowered :p). I think the new patch direction is a good start. One thing i do like tho is the fact that they waited so long before making significant changes to the entire cast and gameplay. again we shall see come tuesday:)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
kratos,drake and radien deserved well more of a nerfing.ESPECIALLY kratos meter gain/level3
they looked to of changed a few of the annoying things like rachets throw bs which something i guess
be interesting to see what the overall mechanic changes do to play

glad sweet tooth level2 got some form of a buff,maybe it wont total ass now.
dont like the level3 nert though and im a bit confused to what they did to his triangle normal,have to check it myself

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
kratos,drake and radien deserved well more of a nerfing.ESPECIALLY kratos meter gain/level3
they looked to of changed a few of the annoying things like rachets throw bs which something i guess
be interesting to see what the overall mechanic changes do to play

glad sweet tooth level2 got some form of a buff,maybe it wont total ass now.
dont like the level3 nert though and im a bit confused to what they did to his triangle normal,have to check it myself
Are you a sweet tooth player? You should play KIllaByte 's sweet tooth

Note: Beware he doesn't play fair :-P

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Been thinking about playing this game again and I come back and see that Drake AND Sly got nerfed. :( Lol oh well I have been wanting to try out Dante anyway.

Mah man, Radec, only got a little buff on his Up+O. Should've made his Down+[ ] and aerial Down+/_\ grenades explode on contact, but oh well. He didn't get nerfed and that should be good enough for me.