What's new

Playing MK on a keyboard

Pagan

Noob
Hey all,

I've been considering using a keyboard for MK. I did some research on the XFPS and Xim 360 and both sound okay but are a bit expensive. Does anyone here have experience playing games with a keyboard on console? Any input?

leek

Noob
On keyboard it can be much easier because there's no room for error as far as a D-Pad not registering or having "up" being registered and you didn't mean it.

Makes quarter circles and semi's waaaaaaay easier(think Ermac's forceball or Shang Tsung's soul steal). Wish I had money for this sort of thing because my controller is breaking, I think I'd rather get a hitbox though. They seem pretty durable and shit. But as far as with a keyboard goes, it just makes your game more consistent as long as you get a layout that makes you feel comfortable.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Legendary MK players [user]ded_[/user], [user]AC1984[/user] & [user]Shock[/user] learned and played MK since the 1990's fyi.

AC only learned to play it on stick when he moved to the States. Its definitely possible.

Sasuga

Noob
I tried to use keyboard but I switched back to stick almost immediately. Not that it's hard to use or anything, I just didn't feel like doing a lot of experimenting with the keyboard layout.

I tried it because I ordered a hitbox two centuries ago and it not expecting it for another two centuries and I really wanted to try 'something similar'. As Metallica0118 said, if you get familiar with a good keyboard setup, you game could be more consistent. I should get back on it...

Pagan

Noob
I tried to use keyboard but I switched back to stick almost immediately. Not that it's hard to use or anything, I just didn't feel like doing a lot of experimenting with the keyboard layout.

I tried it because I ordered a hitbox two centuries ago and it not expecting it for another two centuries and I really wanted to try 'something similar'. As Metallica0118 said, if you get familiar with a good keyboard setup, you game could be more consistent. I should get back on it...
I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered the hitbox aeons ago and have yet to hear back. That's really bad marketing on their part if they are advertising for a product they can't even produce in a realistic time frame =/. I want to give this a shot because the characters I play are so input heavy. Also I was originally a PC gamer so I would probably feel more natural on a keyboard than say a stick or pad.

Sasuga

Noob
I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered the hitbox aeons ago and have yet to hear back. That's really bad marketing on their part if they are advertising for a product they can't even produce in a realistic time frame =/. I want to give this a shot because the characters I play are so input heavy. Also I was originally a PC gamer so I would probably feel more natural on a keyboard than say a stick or pad.
These hitboxes are not factory built. That might explain the long waiting times :)

I'm trying to forget I ordered one and someday I'll get a 'present' in my mail. whehehe.