What's new

Players on XBLA

i'm kinda getting bored of players who sit there and block, then wait to use robo smoke's tele-spear combo or kabal's spin. i'll usually beat them by rushing a lot, or just sitting there blocking myself so they have to do something before time runs out. anyone else played vs these types of players? i've never seen any good players use this tactic, so how do you deal with them? they basically sit there waiting to take advantage of your attacking, which leaves you open for a counter. they don't do much initiating of attacking themselves.

Shaney

Noob
rulemaster said:
i'm kinda getting bored of players who sit there and block, then wait to use robo smoke's tele-spear combo or kabal's spin. i'll usually beat them by rushing a lot, or just sitting there blocking myself so they have to do something before time runs out. anyone else played vs these types of players? i've never seen any good players use this tactic, so how do you deal with them? they basically sit there waiting to take advantage of your attacking, which leaves you open for a counter. they don't do much initiating of attacking themselves.
simply rush them and throw run jabs, never do a teleport or spin because that will basically give them a free hit.. so i just usually rush and force them to make a mistake. and then maybe when they least expect it, ill throw out a spin or teleport. but i really hate those types of matches.

My first round usually consists of turtling, so I can see how you play.
see, thats what im talking about. i don't think you need to do that if you know what you're doing in this game. vs good players you'll never get the chance to just counter all of their moves and win..you need to have an offensive plan of your own ;P

ShaneyMcGrady1 said:
rulemaster said:
simply rush them and throw run jabs, never do a teleport or spin because that will basically give them a free hit.. so i just usually rush and force them to make a mistake. and then maybe when they least expect it, ill throw out a spin or teleport. but i really hate those types of matches.
Thanks for the tip on how to beat you :twisted: :twisted:

rulemaster said:
see, thats what im talking about. i don't think you need to do that if you know what you're doing in this game. vs good players you'll never get the chance to just counter all of their moves and win..you need to have an offensive plan of your own ;P
LOL, you would be surprised... :lol:

Defense is a perfectly legitimate strategy. If someone likes to spam punishable attacks, then no offense is needed. Counter, and wait for them to try again. Against them, just rush in for run jabs, and occasional knee lifts into combos. If they don't know how to counter run jabs (a lot of people just die iin a corner to them), then screw the knee lifts.

Shaney

Noob
Yoshi2085 said:
ShaneyMcGrady1 said:
rulemaster said:
Thanks for the tip on how to beat you :twisted: :twisted:
lol yea right i dont play like that and u know it! wait til we play again..u get ermac all day! :lol:

DARXYD3 said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
My first round usually consists of getting pwned.
fixt.
Um, Sektor vs. Reptile, was pretty close. Kabal vs. Sub-zero was uncomfortable because you play differently than most. I left because my friend wanted to play another game.. but.. you did win. Good job. I usually don't respond to trash comments and messages, and the only person honored to have an xbox live message reply was MoZ Mizz Barbie today.

rulemaster said:
My first round usually consists of turtling, so I can see how you play.
It's only the first round out of a series of matches that I play. I mix up my patterns quite a bit, because I have to adjust to how the other player is playing.

is there a hard counter to ermac's, scorpion's, and human smoke's teleports? they seem like they are free damage for those players

rulemaster said:
is there a hard counter to ermac's, scorpion's, and human smoke's teleports? they seem like they are free damage for those players
Get in the way, stand and block. Then proceed to do a punisher combo, ex. Kabal aaHP, Spin, aaHPHP, JK, AFB 49%

DARXYD3 said:
I heard from my younger brother (shaolin) that you were playing pretty defensive and got owned by him several times. Whats with all those messages that you sent him as well? Dude, its a fucking videogame, don't take losses that seriously.

Thanks for the few games you gave me tonight although I think I might've driven you crazy with a few characters lol. :lol: Good games bro.

yeah lol. you're one of the better players i've played vs., didn't have much of a chance vs. the human smoke. i'm working on reptile because i think he's less predictable than characters like kabal. i'll usually resort to robot smoke after a lose a few games in a row. rematch soon k thnx