What's new

Player descriptions...

D

david_GEM

These are just descriptions of the styles of the best that I've gone up against.
I'm going to leave out some names... letting you know now. But this would definently give others an idea of what we would witness when those dream matches (thank you AriaDelano) do come true.... on camera.
Keep in mind that these are my opinions and I was inspired at work when this beautiful girl I was about to ask out came in with her new bf. FUCK valentines!! (also, this is not a ranking system)

Wario7414: And incredibly aggressive and offensive player who's chemistry with the ability of the characters makes them that much more dangerous. His style prompts novices to curl up and most skilled players to increase their skill level. His tactics are wild and almost give the illusion of playing against the computer on high difficulty.

Real_Talk 718: A gifted player who (in my opinion) was slightly under-rated until a few months ago. He makes you pay for almost anything you do whether it's a mistake or not. Novices are usually unknowingly overwhelmed but his style which is never desperate or pretentious: unless you're used to him very little of what you do will work.

XiongBros: Quite the opposite of the first two (to an extent) the XiongBros are painfully methodical using the smallest aspects of the game in an unmistakable- yet sometimes copied- fashion. Their style probably creates the most frustration and can be quite embarissing to both novice and skilled players. Patience is thei greatest weapon... so is mgp.... and the air throw.

Yungnicca: Almost, but not as aggressive as his brother wario, yungnicca makes maybe the least mistakes of all other fighters- Displaying patience with his offensive attack (yeah i know... what?) he knows what annoys the hell out people and leaves very little room for one's strategy while countering anything possible.

Scorpangel: He immediately makes his presence known and basically makes it impossible to understand what he's up to. No match against him will be easy- PERIOD!! And maybe gives less room for strategy than yungnicca does; along with ridiculous timing.

VA380: Thrives on thinking ahead and does it incredibly well with a smart defense. He'll probably beat his opponent to the air more often than not and flat out will be better each time you fight him. (not get better... BE better).

Kensidj: Very little sets him apart, but he does have a reaction time that novices and skilled players would probably dream of having. His style is close to VA's with more of a swagger as he can go from giving a player hope (though possibly unintentional sometimes) to completely crushing their dreams. He also adds a bit of emotion to the game. (so does scorpangel).

Cuko28: Definently one of the more interesting players, he's very unpredictable and when on fire can teach anyone something new. He switches from offensive to defensive with speed that is worth observing and the good in almost every player can be found in his fighting.

AriaDelano: Can probably be mistaken for Cuko. But he's probably the least frustrating to fight against, even though you've lost the first eight matches LOL (like me). More than most other players he has the ability to make people question their strategy in the middle of fighting. His defense hides his tactics and against novices, he barely ever has to block.

John2kx: Plays with great knowledge and makes his opponents better. He does things you don't normally see for someone really good but mixes a smooth offense that can be hard to defend at times. However, he's more defensive and oppurtunities shall not be taken lightly for he is one of the best at capitalizing and knows the moves of every character as well as anyone.

DCIguy01: (my better half- we are quite similar but he's a bit better) his tactics aren't dominant but like Aria- he adapts and studies his opponents. And puts forth an admirable effort at minimizing his predictability- changing speeds and going with the flow. Against someone who fights like that, flawless victories are almost unheard of. (we're bound to get something in.) lol

that's it for now. I never played against Tim_Static, dookiebrain, dvdcsn. sushi07 (idk if that's correct)

can't remember BD_predator, scorpangel (used videos) vassago187, Hatgrill, dragula96

felt funny about THEDaegan, whogotblack, outthere82, razeblade

will include next time- dvdcsn (videos), MARIN007, dookiebrain, BD_predator, bucktown1, maybe dragula96 (is that correct?)

replies are a must.

"There's no winning in war... only death"

Please somebody do the guys I left out. (no-homo) Where the hell is spell check??

Bo_DK

Noob
Very nice thread guy. I wish i had played you so i could see your description of me hehe. Btw i think its nobel of you to write that about your mates :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm flattered somebody actually felt highly enough of me to write up a review. I'm a 7.5/10, maybe an 8/10 on a good day. In all honesty, I think these estimations are pretty much spot on. I'll try to tack on a little bit of my own summary once I get back from class tonight.

good write up! I see you have gotten a chance to pretty much play everyone on here...I need to start playing a little more, im getting pumped, lol.

D

david_GEM

dciguy01 said:
I'm flattered somebody actually felt highly enough of me to write up a review. I'm a 7.5/10, maybe an 8/10 on a good day. In all honesty, I think these estimations are pretty much spot on. I'll try to tack on a little bit of my own summary once I get back from class tonight.
It's not so much a review, i figured I knew you too well to leave you out of this. And there's always the respect factor. ;)

D

david_GEM

dciguy01 said:
Hmmm let's see. I'll pick 5 people off the top of my head...

Yungnicca - If you try to piss him off, he will do it to you 7-fold. Rule of thumb, play him straight up and there is less chance of him aggravating you, lol.

Wario7414 - Just comes right at you from the start. However, don't try to be a jackass with him, because he will piss you off 10x worse than you ever could. Probably takes a bit of that jackassery from his bro, lol.

Kensidj - When I play him, it's almost like I'm playing a psychic. He knows what I want to do before I do it, and counters it almost every time. I've learned I have to get into his head and think like he does to stand a chance.

Scorpangel - plays with your head, nuff said.

Dookiebrain - Two words. JAB. PRESSURE.
I've actually never won a game against Real_Talk, it's been a really long time, but still.

K75Boi

Noob
Sorry guys---i know i'll catch a lot of shit for this but this is pretty gay. You guys are all cool with me but you have to admit that this is a little gay.

ok,im gonna choose some to talk about:

1.X820- the most unrated player in my oppinion. x820 got all the skills to pay the bills,jabs,combo's,death punching,everything.

2.sushi- one of my favorite technical fighter's, sushi impresses me more then ANYONE i know. excellent close kombat skill's. he has the BEST close kombat skills out of every single person on this site,no if's and's or but's. and since im obssessed with jabs, sushi has some of the best jab combinations around. and he is the king of raiden,no doubt about that!

3.wazz- another one of my favorite combo technical fighters. awsome skills in ALL mk's. wazz is one of those rare mk1-umk3 players. wazz is someone to play for an hour or more,we start in mk1 and end in umk3. total precision and unrelenting offense.

4.kanomkhonduras- total combo beast. one of the best combo players out there, kanomk is another mk1-umk3 player, excellent in all mk's, you mess up once and he will blast you with a fucked up combo.

5.dciguy- i think dciguy will be the new player to impress everyone, we have played like 5 times ever, the last time we played we traded wins and he was not easy to beat,great solid raiden to watch out for,watch out for shock grab when he lands anywhere close to you.

6.seriouz-biz- another one of my favorite players, he thinks he sucks but that simply is not true. seriouz will be another player to surprise players. seriouz, you utilize high level tactics. your solid,no excuses.

7.goo- another flashy tech fighter, goo has excellent fast precision skills, combo's and everything. watch out goo will own! goo has one of the best johnny cages and raidens around.

8.cuko- great close kombat skills, ya know i really like players who are aggressive and have great close kombat skills. cuko has all the above,watch out cuko will own yourt ass! oh yeah, cuko is another aaHP player.

9.ariadelano- its been a while since we played, but aria is is superb player, one of those rare aaHP players (not many around ya know). aria's reptile could quit possibly be one of the best out there along with tru_nic and hatgrill. aria excels in combo play and close kombat skills,much props bro.

11.wario- i like warios agressive style,its been a while since we played but i dont forget. i like how wario will get close to you and then throws random uppercuts out of the blue,they work and he is always successful with them.

12.yungnicca- great close kombat player also.yung will really stress you out when playing him. i personally love our mileena\scorp macthes. sick battles! yung is still the only person in my oppinion to have the game work in his favor everytime.

13.dvdcsn- dvd has more precision tactic knowledge in mk2 then anyone, what you guys dont realize is that not only is dvd a superb player but he will sit and have very in depth conversations about game mechanics and tactics, to this day not one person with tactic knowledge has impressed me like him. thats something you guys dont know about dvd. i dont care about all the mk2 reports and game mechanic figures from anyone else. dvd has spewed more mk2 tactic knowldge then anyone i have ever met,period!

14.realtalk- another high level aaHP and combo player. to this day, i think me and realtalk have the most intense matches then anyone else i have played. i think he might even agree. the last time we played we couldnt believe how intense the matches were,omg! brutal! (best sub around town, along with cyusstrike)

15.xman98- this dude surprised the shit out of me! great solid player with great skills. those were hard ass matches dude!

16.can_i_bus- sick player and my best friend, but if he loses a good amount in a row he will quit,sorry man i have to state facts. great skills, sick combos. he is another kitana/mileena obssessive like me. ive seen him play a lot of players on here at his house and i have watched him own many many top players. but he needs to chill with that sore loser shit,its not even neccessary, he is a sick player. watch out for his awsome kitana.

D

david_GEM

K75Boi said:
Sorry guys---i know i'll catch a lot of shit for this but this is pretty gay. You guys are all cool with me but you have to admit that this is a little gay.
ouch, even the whole asking out the girl part? OH! Shit dude I forgot to put your name. BUt I don't remember ever playing you. But, no hard feelings; it's your opinion.

K75Boi

Noob
david_GEM said:
ouch, even the whole asking out the girl part? OH! Shit dude I forgot to put your name. BUt I don't remember ever playing you. But, no hard feelings; it's your opinion.
LMAO---i don't belong on this list bro--trust me.

K75Boi said:
david_GEM said:
LMAO---i don't belong on this list bro--trust me.
sure you do, play me and ill find all kinds of good shit you do. i really like to observe others skills and point them out,its fun and makes the game more exciting.

thanks dookie but honestly bro i dont have the skill asset to be on this list this list should be made for great players and honored for those fly ass MK players not me man! theres good reason first and foremost i suck bro! everyone gets beat but i cant even hold my own against these top players. Second i haven't been playing this game long enough! it'll be a year come this July/August thats when i first picked this game up before than i suck and cant compete with the vets whos been playing this since arcade days. last but not least i need versatility i have one style that i can hold up against and im use to playing that way. ever heard of the saying "styles make fights" for me my style is too plain and 1-dimensional its easy to pick off and simple enough for a rookie to pick up on. i not trying to bash myself (although i just did lol) but i need to focus more on strategy and trying to find what kind of player i am (defensive, offensive, counter player) once i find out that i will move on from there i only been playing this game for about 7 8 months. i appreciate the fact that you thought about me and classify me as a great player but there's no way i deserve to be on that list...give to the guys who earned that respect in this game not me bro!

i hear what your saying, BUT take this into consideration, you have only been playing for 8 months and you play great. you cannot deny or be humble about the fact that when me and you play they are ALL awsome matches. plus you only been playing for 8 months and you have some very good tactics man,very true. so if you only been playing for 8 months and you play good like that, then imagine in a few years how good you'll be. that's what im saying, your the new dude who is becoming very good. dude we all suck in our own ways....shit i got tons of stuff i would like to work on.

dookiebrain said:
i hear what your saying, BUT take this into consideration, you have only been playing for 8 months and you play great. you cannot deny or be humble about the fact that when me and you play they are ALL awsome matches. plus you only been playing for 8 months and you have some very good tactics man,very true. so if you only been playing for 8 months and you play good like that, then imagine in a few years how good you'll be. that's what im saying, your the new dude who is becoming very good. dude we all suck in our own ways....shit i got tons of stuff i would like to work on.

yeah no doubt in that case i really appreciate it for looking at me like that bro! also thanks for looking at my point of veiw and understanding where i was coming from despite the lack of skill i have and how it seemed like i was doubting myself. i know that i got a long ways to go man i play this game a lot more than i was. so i thank you once again bro for giving me some confidence and giving me the recognition as a good player! even though this is your opinion and i respect it at the end of the day im going to keep it 100% with myself and not lie about the way i feel that i play. we are all entitled to our own opinions but for myself ill always be my worst critic.

This means soooo much to me :'( lol

CUKO28

Noob
Cool thread. I agree with all descriptions so far. I can be mistaken for aria? Lol.....we both do have similar styles but i think hes smarter. We also like 2nd player side for some reason. Goo has a tricky cage too. Leaves me baffled sometimes. Its like he can cancel some of my moves with his HP's and basic 2 hit combos. Dvdcsn has the best defense i ever encountered and Sushi the best offense. I think Hatgill has the best reptile i encountered cause aria reminded me of him though i havent played him in ages. So many players i can talk about but im typing on my PS3 and my fingers are about to fall off.

By the way...David_gem have i played you before? Whats your PSN?

D

david_GEM

By the way...David_gem have i played you before? Whats your PSN?
[/quote]

it's david_GEM

D

david_GEM

seriouz-bizniz said:
thanks dookie but honestly bro i dont have the skill asset to be on this list this list should be made for great players and honored for those fly ass MK players not me man! theres good reason first and foremost i suck bro! everyone gets beat but i cant even hold my own against these top players. Second i haven't been playing this game long enough! it'll be a year come this July/August thats when i first picked this game up before than i suck and cant compete with the vets whos been playing this since arcade days. last but not least i need versatility i have one style that i can hold up against and im use to playing that way. ever heard of the saying "styles make fights" for me my style is too plain and 1-dimensional its easy to pick off and simple enough for a rookie to pick up on. i not trying to bash myself (although i just did lol) but i need to focus more on strategy and trying to find what kind of player i am (defensive, offensive, counter player) once i find out that i will move on from there i only been playing this game for about 7 8 months. i appreciate the fact that you thought about me and classify me as a great player but there's no way i deserve to be on that list...give to the guys who earned that respect in this game not me bro!
dude, there are few great ones, but there are even fewer who suck. U don't necessarily need a style, you don't need to focus on an aspect of your game to make yourself better; you'll just become better before you know it. What worked for me was (I can't believe I'm telling someone this) I played under a fake account so wouldn't feel embarrassed as I was trying an assload of different things. When you become less and less afraid to lose you become way better.

ps- I started around the same time that you did, so I know how you feel.

Awesome write up man. Very respectful and accurate according to what I've encountered playing them. PS I'm pretty sure I've never beaten any of the guys you've mentioned, lol@me.

Sushi

Noob
if i get on right now i would get my arse handed to me lol. ima have to get all hyped up again. let me get some rythum back... then maybe we'll go back a forth.
respects to all the peeps keeping mk2 alive. pm me for some matches. i'd love to add to my firends list.

Yea sushi I tried hooking up with you last time but your connection was doing its own thing. We haven't done 50 in a while. that's probably my fault because when we were supposed to play I lost the will to fight. It was just bad timing.

But anyhoo...

Nice thread David. Nice to see I made a list. I see you've become familiar with this forum since Ive told you about it. Just wait until somebody sets up a tourney it'll really get interesting lol.

Also, If you or anybody wanna play someone with a awkward style then you should lookout for Rain300. I spare with him. Ill tell him about the forums so people can know what i mean when I say awkward lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Yeah somebody (dookie) set up another tourney. I need to avenge that 13-0 smackdown, lol

D

david_GEM

Wario7414 said:
Yea sushi I tried hooking up with you last time but your connection was doing its own thing. We haven't done 50 in a while. that's probably my fault because when we were supposed to play I lost the will to fight. It was just bad timing.

But anyhoo...

Nice thread David. Nice to see I made a list. I see you've become familiar with this forum since Ive told you about it. Just wait until somebody sets up a tourney it'll really get interesting lol.

Also, If you or anybody wanna play someone with a awkward style then you should lookout for Rain300. I spare with him. Ill tell him about the forums so people can know what i mean when I say awkward lol
oh snap, I played against rain300. I did really good against him but I was able to tell he was good at the same time.Yeah he's definently gonna be good. he his hard to read at times. (If i remember correctly)

dciguy01 said:
Yeah somebody (dookie) set up another tourney. I need to avenge that 13-0 smackdown, lol
if nobody sets up a tourney in 2 weeks i will. ill definitly get this going if no one else gets it going. maybe a monthly 16 person, or a bi-monthly 32 player tourn. they have all been successful so far, so i dont see any problems other then any small issues in past. but yes, im on it.

are people going to sign up again if its a big one? i bet they will.

wow. i dunno what to say now lol..
I definately came a LOOONG way though cuz when I first started I was never the aahp,mpg/mbk,combo,aggressive,pro-random player.
Sub-Zero was my ONLY player and I used to think counter picking was an actual "strategy" lol
all of you definitely built my game up tremendously sooo award goes to yall lol

real_talk718 said:
wow. i dunno what to say now lol..
I definately came a LOOONG way though cuz when I first started I was never the aahp,mpg/mbk,combo,aggressive,pro-random player.
Sub-Zero was my ONLY player and I used to think counter picking was an actual "strategy" lol
all of you definitely built my game up tremendously sooo award goes to yall lol
=) that's funny