What's new

Question - Assassin Planning to Learn Kitana

I main the Assassin variation. I think I did it in the beginning because of her mask and just stuck with it because of the amount of time I put into her. I use her parry mostly when baiting out moves. Spam fans and people want to teleport. The parry gets them all. The latest thing I started using is zoning with fans while showing a few random parrys. That can cause the enemy to hesitate which when thrown in helps get a free " they feel stupid now " sharpen.

I main the Assassin variation. I think I did it in the beginning because of her mask and just stuck with it because of the amount of time I put into her. I use her parry mostly when baiting out moves. Spam fans and people want to teleport. The parry gets them all. The latest thing I started using is zoning with fans while showing a few random parrys. That can cause the enemy to hesitate which when thrown in helps get a free " they feel stupid now " sharpen.
Good advice, especially against human opponents. Will help with Ermacs, as they love to Teleport.

Hi all,

Been a while since I've updated this as I took a break from the game. Played a bit yesterday and another question I have for Assassin Kitana is what's her best option for dealing with heavy zoning?

Typically I'd simply crouch under High projectiles and time myself to slowly walk in, but yesterday I was in an Online match against a Tigrar Fury Goro and the slight lag made that more difficult to do (and I failed). Outside of that one strategy, I couldn't think of anything else to do. I tried EX Assassin Rush, which "worked" to get out of the zoning... right into his block and punish.

Obviously in Royal Storm she has Reflect and possible EX Square Boost, but what can Assassin do?

Thanks!

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Thanks for this informative thread! I was also thinking about picking up Kitana! Mostly as a counter for Predators' bad MUs. These are Tanya (that bitch) and Kung Lao (that sucker). Many people consider Kitana being in advantage in these MUs! What do you Kitana mains think?

Skedar70

Noob
Hi all,

Been a while since I've updated this as I took a break from the game. Played a bit yesterday and another question I have for Assassin Kitana is what's her best option for dealing with heavy zoning?

Typically I'd simply crouch under High projectiles and time myself to slowly walk in, but yesterday I was in an Online match against a Tigrar Fury Goro and the slight lag made that more difficult to do (and I failed). Outside of that one strategy, I couldn't think of anything else to do. I tried EX Assassin Rush, which "worked" to get out of the zoning... right into his block and punish.

Obviously in Royal Storm she has Reflect and possible EX Square Boost, but what can Assassin do?

Thanks!
Yup against zoning is a little harder using assassin. I play against a quan chi that sometimes tries to zone me. What I do is just what you mentioned. Assassins Rush. So mix it with some IAF, float fans, and sudden ex assassins rush or regular so that you are not predictable and you should be able to connect the assassins rush and get in on your opponents. Its just mind games, no short cuts.

Yup against zoning is a little harder using assassin. I play against a quan chi that sometimes tries to zone me. What I do is just what you mentioned. Assassins Rush. So mix it with some IAF, float fans, and sudden ex assassins rush or regular so that you are not predictable and you should be able to connect the assassins rush and get in on your opponents. Its just mind games, no short cuts.
Cool, I'll work on that then. Good to know I had the general idea, and simply need to grind the execution.

Thanks!