What's new

Breakthrough Pig's New Sinestro Tech Explained

Vysetron

Extremely mediocre
Oh damn, this is good stuff. Here's hoping NRS doesn't patch things too hard.

Edit: I guess this is a good a place as any to ask you a question, Pig. b1,3 into b3 seems to just not work for me sometimes. I remember seeing a few whiff for you too at B&B the other night. Is it a spacing thing, or is it all timing?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Oh damn, this is good stuff. Here's hoping NRS doesn't patch things too hard.

Edit: I guess this is a good a place as any to ask you a question, Pig. b1,3 into b3 seems to just not work for me sometimes. I remember seeing a few whiff for you too at B&B the other night. Is it a spacing thing, or is it all timing?
Yea right now I'm hitting it around every 6/10 times. Obviously practice mode I do better which makes no sense

I need to really find that frame or technique to always use to hit it 10/10 times

But yea it's all timing and has nothing to do w close hitting or far or if u started it w a JI2

It's just something we all need to work on. I guess another good thing about this tech is it turns those terrible 22% BNBs to 39% that every can hit 10/10 times

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
FIRST: In chat NRS has said his arachnid is a BUG being a high that it is and will be a mid.

Ok Ill make a thread on this now but will explain to a far greater extent soon with my video guide

See a small portion of it here
http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/398769606
@11:30

ji2 b13 b3 ji2 b12 shackles JI2 *reset here* d1 (+14 on hit) into b2 (14 frame overhead) (doesnt matter at this point if overhead hit or was blocked) If blocked do arachnid MB into 14% unblockable added damage (47%) if the B2 HITS do d1 shackles (theres the reset) then proceed to b3 ji3 b213 for added 27% (i think its 27% added)

either way MB ARACHNID is unblockable within strings on block and hits mid (eventually) so but either way you can do b2 to make the arachnid hit currently and when fixed we will have more options.

You may be saying right now "HEY PIG, you blow i can blow up that tech w MB b3....." Well thats where Trait comes in. If i do Arachnid MB trait or TRAIT before MB unblockable then bye bye your bar of meter and health.

I will explain this and show this to a hella extent in my video guide and again i havent made it yet because i keep hearing about a rumored patch this tuesday or sometime soon so im not making a video for something that could change in 4 days because thats what I did for CSZ in mk9 and the day after my video was finished a patch came out removing all my sexy traps and wake up eliminators. Lame

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/398769606
@11:30

Do you guys realize what this means? With meter Sinestro now will rush you down for free and turn every block string into potentially an unblockable 15%+ or if arachnid hits trait shot to shackle reset or his b2 hits then reset the situation.

"How else can you use this Pig?"

Well his f2 d1 string is amazing Bacon and the cancel advantage is really nice off of f2 d1 so when you have people expecting the low you can xx into MB Boulder for a possible reset if it hits and if they block it you do trait shot into pressure into MB arachnid free damage.Also f2 d1 alone puts you at great spacing advantage not to mention f2 d1 3 is definitely safe. IMO his best string.

Also MB arachnid puts everyone full screen with force and allows you to re charge trait (at least 1-1.5 bars depends on Character MU)

Now when people start expecting this it'll open up his other rush down options and his throws.

So in summary with this tech you get free damage now added to all your BNBs and if they give it up on hit you can confirm into a d1 shackle reset or 11 shackle or 22 shackle etc reset.

Something will hit and he will hurt

Sinestro is top 10. He is risen. Lets Go Yellow Core

KT Smith 's Tier list ;)
Hey PIG, I was thinking of the 27% combo deal after the reset. Could't you forgo that combo and do another reset. EX: (b13-b3-j3-b12-shackles-j2-d1-b2-11-shackles-j2-d1-b2-11-shackles-j2-d1-b2-11-shackles-j2-d1-b2-11-shackles-j2-d1-b2-11-shackles+infiniti until the opponent blocks b2, then you do arachnid)

I don't know if you were trying to say that at all, but that woke me up this morning thinking about it. Also this now opens up the d3 so much more because b2 after a successful d1 pretty much forces the opponent to stand block; immediately opening up the sweep to a much higher success rate.

When this happens (cross over-j3-hit confirm-axe of terror-b12-shackles-j2-d1-repeat the reset over again) BOOM!!!!

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Unless you have a trait up, can't you simple just D1 the arachnid before it becomes unblockable?

Do you guys realize what this means? With meter Sinestro now will rush you down for free and turn every block string into potentially an unblockable 15%+ or if arachnid hits trait shot to shackle reset or his b2 hits then reset the situation.
The Arachnid Sting can be punished for free on block if it isn't covered by trait. There's a 15+ frame gap between the normal hit of the special and the unblockable projectile. That's a full combo punish. Easily.

So in summary with this tech you get free damage now added to all your BNBs and if they give it up on hit you can confirm into a d1 shackle reset or 11 shackle or 22 shackle etc reset.
Calling this free damage is a bit of a stretch. You need trait for it to work properly. Damage is often given up to get trait. Don't get me wrong, this is cool tech with trait and meter. This isn't free damage by any means.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The Arachnid Sting can be punished for free on block if it isn't covered by trait. There's a 15+ frame gap between the normal hit of the special and the unblockable projectile. That's a full combo punish. Easily.

Calling this free damage is a bit of a stretch. You need trait for it to work properly. Damage is often given up to get trait. Don't get me wrong, this is cool tech with trait and meter. This isn't free damage by any means.
Even then I believe a super move will win out against this trap too.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
One question Pig: Wouldn't you have to commit to B2~Arachnid for this to work properly? B2 alone is -9f, and Arachnid has 16f startup, so your opponent would be able to interrupt if you were looking for a hit confirm, right?

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

You know the Arachnid Arm has a huge ass gap between the first hit and the MB right?
-
this does really show the importance of trait over anything else
One question Pig: Wouldn't you have to commit to B2~Arachnid for this to work properly? B2 alone is -9f, and Arachnid has 16f startup, so your opponent would be able to interrupt if you were looking for a hit confirm, right?
Even then I believe a super move will win out against this trap too.

Unless you have a trait up, can't you simple just D1 the arachnid before it becomes unblockable?
You guys post very valid concerns but i ask to give it time as I and we develop it

trait makes it 100% but im finding ways to make it all better in every situation.

Current uses Im exploring
b1 Arachnid MB (almost half screen distance)
1b2 Arachnid MB
d1 Arachnid MB
b2 Arachnid MB
22 Arachnid MB
f2 Arachnid MB

Pig Of The Hut

Im confused. You can d+1 out of MB Arachnid, before UB comes out.
also after the reset if b2 hits you can d1 shackle for further combo or play it safe with b213 (overhead low mid) thats safe on block or with trait tech is guarenteed

Pig Of The Hut

WoundCowboy
SomeCubanGuy

After the d1 reset try playing w b213 to make safe cause most times i found it hits (1 low) it always hits when i have trait cause people try jumping arachnid tech and i use trait then to confirm into shackles

Belial

Noob
if trait hits, UB doesnt (i think). So its a waste of bar + trait for 4% damage increase? (or probably not, b/c b213 deals about same dmg)

Pig Of The Hut

if trait hits, UB doesnt (i think). So its a waste of bar + trait for 4% damage increase? (or probably not, b/c b213 deals about same dmg)
Not sure ive never had trait hit but ive had people try to mb b3 out of it and i win

One guy back dashed and trait whiffed but mb still came out and hit him

I have been playing with canceling block strings into MB Arachnide covered with trait, but dismissed it as pointless, to burn a bar for 15%. But Pig makes it actually worth it

Pig Of The Hut

I have been playing with canceling block strings into MB Arachnide covered with trait, but dismissed it as pointless, to burn a bar for 15%. But Pig makes it actually worth it
I think still xx into arachnid MB w trait on bock from anything is worth it still

W chip and hit I get anywhere from 12-15%. So instantly I see that as this

4 bars = 48%-60% free damage
On each MB hit I get 1 bar min trait charge up to 2 against some x 4 4-8 bars of trait charge

Owerbart

I miss you
the problem i have with sinestro is getting time to load the trait. most of the times I haven't been able to activate it more than once per game. any advice?

I think still xx into arachnid MB w trait on bock from anything is worth it still

W chip and hit I get anywhere from 12-15%. So instantly I see that as this

4 bars = 48%-60% free damage
On each MB hit I get 1 bar min trait charge up to 2 against some x 4 4-8 bars of trait charge
Yeah, I dig that, kinda like Quan's Ex Rune, it also gives 15% with chip, but instead of continueing with upclose pressure Thal gets to charge his trait or to zone a little more)

prospic

Noob
the problem i have with sinestro is getting time to load the trait. most of the times I haven't been able to activate it more than once per game. any advice?
End ur combo with b213 and then hold 4 (trait) it will give you like 1 or 2 bars safe. Also, is you hit them with a meteor, you can get one bar of trait. There's a lot of safe ways, but I think these are the best.

Pig Of The Hut

what pospic said and charge in between zoning frmo yourself and others.