What's new

Pig's Most Wanted "General M2Dave" - Deathstroke Forum Unite

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Did I see it right, or did Pig do better against you with Deathstroke, than the Deathstroke player that you played on stream yesterday? Also have you explored bgb enders to combos for trait/non-trait set ups?
Both J360 and Pig lost 5:0.

What is BGB?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Background bounce. Did you watch my video "Zod's trait: A closer look"?
Yes, I saw your video and I liked your set ups.

But if you do the following combo, the trait recharges entirely.

Wraith bite, full charged low laser, b+3, j.3, 1,2 xx MB low laser, dash forward 1,2 xx BGB, j.2 xx fast force ball, dash forward 1,2 xx MB phantom strike.

The last part is difficult to execute for some reason. Sometimes Zod does not orient properly to hit 1,2.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think Deathstroke does have a strong up-close game, the issue is that he lacks the tools to close the gap on strong zoners, and to keep them within sword's reach. Both of his dashes blow, so it's difficult for him to play a strong footsie game. During my matches with General M2Dave I was able to win 3 matches when I got in close and stayed in close. But once he figured out how to keep me from closing that gap, he won the next 18 or so matches. I still don't think Deathstroke is a low-tier character by any means, he's just lacking a clear strategy due to his ambiguous design, and he's got a few awful MU's (I'm calling the Zod MU 7/3 at best).

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I think Deathstroke does have a strong up-close game, the issue is that he lacks the tools to close the gap on strong zoners, and to keep them within sword's reach. Both of his dashes blow, so it's difficult for him to play a strong footsie game. During my matches with General M2Dave I was able to win 3 matches when I got in close and stayed in close. But once he figured out how to keep me from closing that gap, he won the next 18 or so matches. I still don't think Deathstroke is a low-tier character by any means, he's just lacking a clear strategy due to his ambiguous design, and he's got a few awful MU's (I'm calling the Zod MU 7/3 at best).
Deathstroke isn't really very "bad" by an absolute standard, i.e., compared to other fighters. But Injustice has pretty damn solid balance at this point, and DS is no longer capable of hanging out in the middle of that list. He isn't Joker/Shazam tier, but he is on the bottom end of the game at this point. He's just generally below average in too many ways to cut it.

Vagrant

Noob
But once he figured out how to keep me from closing that gap, (I'm calling the Zod MU 7/3 at best).

Sounds like you failed to adjust after he did. This is not on the matchup its on you needing to look at what he's doing that is blowing up your strategy and planning around it.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sounds like you failed to adjust after he did. This is not on the matchup its on you needing to look at what he's doing that is blowing up your strategy and planning around it.
Normally I would agree with you, but not in this case. If Zod can stay full screen, he beats Deathstroke hands down. Deathstroke can try to trade gunshots, but Zod wins all trades (or he can just eat the 2% chip while his trait recharges). It's up to Deathstroke to use his shitty dash to try to cover ground, eating chip all the time, and having to stop entirely when Zod gets trait out. A single bad dash ruins all of your progress. The 18 or so matches I lost were me trying to just figure out a way to get in and stay in, which doesn't happen unless the Zod player makes a mistake. I'll be the first to admit that my DS is nowhere near as good as it could be, but I'm a smart player and as of right now there is no way I can see DS getting (and keeping) the upper hand on Zod.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Dude what are you talking about!?!?! He was designed to have a nice Instant-Air Gun Shots, Safe Low shots, 40% bnbs. He was designed to be the best ZONER in the game, and he fails to accomplish that. I'm sorry but haven't you guys clued in? What you guys are doing is problem solving with Deathstroke; that's what human beings are best at, solving problems. Problem is the NERF and how ever since you guys have been trying to find a solution to it. Second problem is you guys act like Deathstroke was designed to be a completely unsafe zoner, with linear normals and extremely average 50/50s in a 50/50 HEAVY game (Flash says hello)

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Yes, I saw your video and I liked your set ups.

But if you do the following combo, the trait recharges entirely.

Wraith bite, full charged low laser, b+3, j.3, 1,2 xx MB low laser, dash forward 1,2 xx BGB, j.2 xx fast force ball, dash forward 1,2 xx MB phantom strike.

The last part is difficult to execute for some reason. Sometimes Zod does not orient properly to hit 1,2.
I can see why you would favor that, as you used trait mostly for sashing/zod balls/interactables. I am not saying that is bad, I need to get better at that, but if we wan't to play Zod to his fullest potential, we need to use his trait up close pressure too. If you are playing Sinestro for example, bgb ender in to active trait on top of him would be the better choice imo.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Dude what are you talking about!?!?! He was designed to have a nice Instant-Air Gun Shots, Safe Low shots, 40% bnbs. He was designed to be the best ZONER in the game, and he fails to accomplish that. I'm sorry but haven't you guys clued in? What you guys are doing is problem solving with Deathstroke; that's what human beings are best at, solving problems. Problem is the NERF and how ever since you guys have been trying to find a solution to it. Second problem is you guys act like Deathstroke was designed to be a completely unsafe zoner, with linear normals and extremely average 50/50s in a 50/50 HEAVY game (Flash says hello)
I'm not referring to his original design, which was clearly to be a zoner. I'm referring to his current design, where all of his zoning tools have been stripped away. Right now his up-close game is stronger than his watered-down zoning game, which is why I say he has an ambiguous design. Also most of your sentences aren't sentences and I can't quite tell what point you're trying to make, just that you're angry at people trying to find a way to make Deathstroke viable.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I'm not referring to his original design, which was clearly to be a zoner. I'm referring to his current design, where all of his zoning tools have been stripped away. Right now his up-close game is stronger than his watered-down zoning game, which is why I say he has an ambiguous design. Also most of your sentences aren't sentences and I can't quite tell what point your trying to make, just that you're angry at people trying to find a way to make Deathstroke viable.
Sure call it anger. Thanks grammar police glad to see my tax dollars at work. That's not a design that's a flaw, when you get amputated that would not be you current "design" it would be your handicap.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sure call it anger. Thanks grammar police glad to see my tax dollars at work. That's not a design that's a flaw, when you get amputated that would not be you current "design" it would be your handicap. You're logic is weak.
I'm not policing your grammar, I literally could not tell what point you were trying to make. "Problem is the NERF and how ever since you guys have been trying to find a solution to it." What the hell does that even mean? The problem is we're trying to find a solution to the nerf? And just because he wasn't originally designed to be the character he is now doesn't mean you can't call his current iteration a "design". You are literally arguing over the definition of the word "design" with me. When I say "design", I mean Sinestro is clearly designed to zone, Doomsday is clearly designed to rush down, but what is Deathstroke designed to do now? That's a tough question because his design is ambiguous. He's Superman, but instead of being able to do everything well, he can only do everything average.

I still have no idea exactly what point you're trying to argue, though. You seem to think Deathstroke is a bad character, but you also seem to have a lot of aggression towards anyone who is trying to make him work.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I can see why you would favor that, as you used trait mostly for sashing/zod balls/interactables. I am not saying that is bad, I need to get better at that, but if we wan't to play Zod to his fullest potential, we need to use his trait up close pressure too. If you are playing Sinestro for example, bgb ender in to active trait on top of him would be the better choice imo.
Well-said. I agree.

Sure call it anger. Thanks grammar police glad to see my tax dollars at work. That's not a design that's a flaw, when you get amputated that would not be you current "design" it would be your handicap.
Deathstroke is the only character whose current design has nothing to do with his original.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
That's also what he said about Cyber Sub-zero, no offense.
Wow he said that? Because thats totally not why I posted. I thought I was being original.

Actually I thought it was Pig that coined the phrase anyway.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Wow he said that? Because thats totally not why I posted. I thought I was being original.

Actually I thought it was Pig that coined the phrase anyway.
It does not matter.

Players who claim that Deathstroke is tournament viable and top 10 will look just as ridiculous in retrospect some day.

It does not matter.

Players who claim that Deathstroke is tournament viable and top 10 will look just as ridiculous in retrospect some day.
The only thing that makes me mad about you is you always reference the time you saw one person say deathstoke is top 10 or whatever. Dont judge the whole ds community based on that experience. Thats like judging the whole killer frost community based on what myles wright has said about her lol. I respect the shit out of you for manning up doing this though, Great job Dave.