What's new

Pig's Most Wanted "General M2Dave" - Deathstroke Forum Unite

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Deathstroke is probably not low tier, but he is definitely not top 10.

I also feel insecure about playing on stream. Some fools in the chat room were demanding normalizations.

Zod definitely creates an obstacle for DS toolset, i still don't think this proves much when it comes to DS placement on the tier list, It just shows that Zod does it better. Before you i have had no ZOD experience but i plan on grinding it out and running some sets with you to get a grasp of what this match up really is like.

Vagrant

Noob
what OH are you going to do after a j3?
J3 doesn't link into f3.

and i'm pretty sure NW in staff's d1 will just beat any other button press you do.

No. J3 gives big advantage the lower you do it,

b2 3 f2 does around 20% and sends you full screen
B22 mb spin dash sword flip does mid twenties and leads to hard knockdown
B22 meterburn cancel into f3 ji2 323 f23 flip does probably somewhere shy of 40

He has damage off his overhead. And his overhead gives him favorable positioning

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Zod definitely creates an obstacle for DS toolset, i still don't think this proves much when it comes to DS placement on the tier list, It just shows that Zod does it better. Before you i have had no ZOD experience but i plan on grinding it out and running some sets with you to get a grasp of what this match up really is like.
Wasn't this less about tier lists and more getting revenge on m2dave for downplaying constantly?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
He is good up close in my opinion, and in the opinions of many top players.

I'm sorry you don't see it dude. But I refuse to downplay his upclose game.

He has a 7 frame f23 that is +9 on block LOL. A 7 frame d1 that can be option selected into sword clip and very dangerous in the corner, best f3 ever with side switch mixups. Fast high lows and good mids.

He is played best at mid range and up close with great footsies.

goofy pls

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Wasn't this less about tier lists and more getting revenge on m2dave for downplaying constantly?

i did it for the bounty, going into a bad matchup and losing doesnt mean much, hell even scraping a win out. Zods tool set is definitely better, this is more about DS being viable.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Any jump 3, jump 2, or f3 you block is me putting you in a guessing game. If I guess right its free damage and positioning of my choice, regardless of what character you are.

Good luck game planning for that.

You guys gotta stop downplaying DS's up close game.
Zod's back dash avoids any mix up after jump 2, jump 3, or f+3.

I just crouch against Deathstroke at mid range. Take your 20%. I do not care. My mix ups do twice as much damage as yours.

You have to stop letting 16 Bit brainwash you. Deathstroke's up close game is a joke in comparison to Batgirl's, Killer Frost's, Nightwing's, etc.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

I just crouch against Deathstroke at mid range. Take your 20%. I do not care. My mix ups do twice as much damage as yours.

You have to stop letting 16 Bit brainwash you. Deathstroke's up close game is a joke in comparison to Batgirl's, Killer Frost's, Nightwing's, etc.

I agree with the characters listed, yet he still has great pressure up close. The others have scrubby options to use and abuse.

Vagrant

Noob

You can't avoid ds mixups after j2 they are guarunteed from the cancel advantage. j3 I will test tonight with zods backdash. If you backdash after a f3 and I read it, I just shoot mb guns.

If I notice your just consistently crouching mid range, Your going to eat a whole lot more then 20%

Breaker

~AKUMA~
He has a 7 frame f23 that is +9 on block LOL. A 7 frame d1 that can be option selected into sword clip and very dangerous in the corner, best f3 ever with side switch mixups. Fast high lows and good mids.

He is played best at mid range and up close with great footsies.

goofy pls
With fantastic T-Rex Arms, you can't possibly deny how short the F2s range is, I mean I'd have to see you play Deathstroke to be convinced that I have underestimated him.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You can't avoid ds mixups after j2 they are guarunteed from the cancel advantage. j3 I will test tonight with zods backdash. If you backdash after a f3 and I read it, I just shoot mb guns.

If I notice your just consistently crouching mid range, Your going to eat a whole lot more then 20%
When you fight Batgirl, Killer Frost, and Nightwing players every day, Deathstroke's mix ups hardly seem like mix ups. The former characters have 50/50 mix ups that reset into more 50/50 mix ups. You can do nothing but guess. In Nightwing's case, he has such strong frame traps that you have no choice but to waste meter on push block. Deathstroke's options do not compare.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i feel like DS was in the 10-14 range in the last version. after this patch, a few of his matchups got much harder and now he isnt anywhere near there. i dont think that makes him a bad character though. hes a relatively honest character in a game full of bullshit

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Correct.

He did the best by far out of any other Deathstroke player.

The connection was somewhat unstable, though.
Did I see it right, or did Pig do better against you with Deathstroke, than the Deathstroke player that you played on stream yesterday? Also have you explored bgb enders to combos for trait/non-trait set ups?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Deathstroke has more than "a bad match up or two".

- Aquaman
- Killer Frost
- Martian Manhunter
- The Flash
- Zod

Characters like Nightwing and Wonder Woman are also debatable.

Out of those characters u mentioned only maybe 3 out of that list give me major problems and thats Zod, MMH and KF and mostly because Im unfamiliar with the MU.Zod's trait is the only reason hes better imo MMH's teleport is dumb and KF can go suck a ****.

Correct.

He did the best by far out of any other Deathstroke player.

The connection was somewhat unstable, though.
Yeah, I caught some of that too. My biggest problem playing against you yesterday was not blocking low and then high quickly when you did ground laser to trait grab. I sacrificed so much of my health bar from that. You have to play very careful in the match but Deathstroke certainly can keep up. Great games man, I'd love to get in some more on Pig's stream next weekend if you guys are still grinding this out.

Here's the man
Yeah, I caught some of that too. My biggest problem playing against you yesterday was not blocking low and then high quickly when you did ground laser to trait grab. I sacrificed so much of my health bar from that. You have to play very careful in the match but Deathstroke certainly can keep up. Great games man, I'd love to get in some more on Pig's stream next weekend if you guys are still grinding this out.

Matix218

Get over here!
He uses Ds in almost everyway possible.Most of the time he don't even zone just combos/mixups.I think on psn hes gotten a 150+ win streak with Ds.If any Ds player is gonna show his true powers its this guy.
I would love to see this guy play. I could probably learn from him