What's new

Match Footage Pig (Rain) vs Tyler Lantern (Reptile) Casuals

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Been a while since ive posted in Rain forums

I thought these matches were tons of fun with TylerLantern and i should post them to share.

As for my rain, yea he needs more d4 and more cancels.

As well as more cancel-able armor

RAIN PLAYERS: Do you guys have any luck using ex RH as an AA cross ups?

still working on that

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Sweet, I've been looking for more Rain videos. I feel like I haven't learned anything new about him in quite some time.

I'm only a few minutes in but do you like the 24 string? It's his only string that ends on 0 so you don't even need to RH cancel it.

Also is there something really special about his d4? On block can you interrupt a RH cancel from it? I know you can from d1 and d3.

Pig Of The Hut

Sweet, I've been looking for more Rain videos. I feel like I haven't learned anything new about him in quite some time.

I'm only a few minutes in but do you like the 24 string? It's his only string that ends on 0 so you don't even need to RH cancel it.

Also is there something really special about his d4? On block can you interrupt a RH cancel from it? I know you can from d1 and d3.
His d4 is huge and i need to start using d4 rh cancel more. Pretty sure his d4 is same as sub zero and smoke's where it's +12 on hit

Rain's d3 is shit

His d1 is awesome

RH makes everything safe.

if see me use ex lighting i do it cause its safe and i can usually get an opponent to try to jump over me so ill attempt a d1 to pop them up as they try to jump over me to catch them into a 43 bubble combo

I really like using 2 4 rh and 2 rh or b2 rh but i dont do it much at all here.

Recording and rewatching shows a lot.

Against reptile i feel as if i have to play really fast with rain to match his speed.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?

Been a while since ive posted in Rain forums

I thought these matches were tons of fun with @tyler lantern and i should post them to share.

As for my rain, yea he needs more d4 and more cancels.

As well as more cancel-able armor

RAIN PLAYERS: Do you guys have any luck using ex RH as an AA cross ups?

still working on that
Ex-RH has never been very reliable for me against crossups. I usually get a sweep or d4. I use it for regualar AA when i want to be sure i get 40%. If you can get it out though you can EX RH as they are crossing you up and dash out the direction they are landing so you retain the armored dash to eat their crossup. Thats the most reliable anti crossup other than d1 and geyser that ive found.

Medina4life

Media Master
Good stuff Pig Of The Hut, I personally use d1 AA so I don't need to use meter. However if I can kill or just feel like it I'll use the armour on cross up for 40 percent damage sure. Here is some footage of me doing some of that stuff

Anti Cross up using armour

D1 anti air option

With Rain, I personally like to sacrifice damage for pressure set ups. Here is me doing that in this video. I do need to use b2 rh more and also throw in more throws. I also use armor for anti air here too

b2 1+12 is also a good whiff punisher. If I see someone throw out a move I use this to try and punish it if 4 isn't in range. Also, Rain can combo pretty well off of a deep jump kick. Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

My rh cancel pressure is really bad in these videos. Next time I use rain on stream I'll try to do a better job of showing what he can do

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Good stuff Pig Of The Hut, I personally use d1 AA so I don't need to use meter. However if I can kill or just feel like it I'll use the armour on cross up for 40 percent damage sure. Here is some footage of me doing some of that stuff

Anti Cross up using armour

D1 anti air option

With Rain, I personally like to sacrifice damage for pressure set ups. Here is me doing that in this video. I do need to use b2 rh more and also throw in more throws. I also use armor for anti air here too

b2 1+12 is also a good whiff punisher. If I see someone throw out a move I use this to try and punish it if 4 isn't in range. Also, Rain can combo pretty well off of a deep jump kick. Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

My rh cancel pressure is really bad in these videos. Next time I use rain on stream I'll try to do a better job of showing what he can do
Damn...I didn't know you played Rain. Your Rain looks very...smooth. Me likey!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Rain is the Anti Cage.
how so?
also how does rain's fairs against high zoning chars like say kitana,
ex tele and lighting trades enough for him that his tele isnt the best?

he interests me alot but much like with skarlet my hands dont want to cooperate

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Piiiiig...

you were jumping way too much and were lucky that tyler wasn't AAing you very often. Also when you do 43 always hit confirm it before throwing out lightning. If it hits do lightning, if it doesn't do RH cancel pressure.

I also noticed that almost every time you teleported you would jump forward trying for the crossover or to avoid a punish. Need to switch it up some I'd think.

Also, when someone jumps at you... you could pull a smarrgasm and walk backwards and do a B2 1+2 combo.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Piiiiig...

you were jumping way too much and were lucky that tyler wasn't AAing you very often. Also when you do 43 always hit confirm it before throwing out lightning. If it hits do lightning, if it doesn't do RH cancel pressure.

I also noticed that almost every time you teleported you would jump forward trying for the crossover or to avoid a punish. Need to switch it up some I'd think.

Also, when someone jumps at you... you could pull a smarrgasm and walk backwards and do a B2 1+2 combo.
How dare you expose my most powerful footsie tool!

Pig Of The Hut

Piiiiig...

I was doing it on purpose ;)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Your main problem imho is to not use +40% combos. This is one of the best Rain's tools at the same time, using ex-RHc to do so will help you a lot. :\

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
how so?
also how does rain's fairs against high zoning chars like say kitana,
ex tele and lighting trades enough for him that his tele isnt the best?
Rain can punish cage really hard with 40% AA's and 40% RH started combos, 44% 4 RH Combos, and 50% JIP Combos, all of them take one bar and drains the opponents bar.

He has the ultimate anti rushdown armour, and when rain players dash cancel instead of letting the RH go, it becomes a serious threat, cafe is forced to crossover and or pause his rushdown in respect.

A F0xy Grampa can shed more on this, he mains both.

Rain can be out zoned by IAF characters, and out manovered by high mobility.