What's new

picking up batgirl can i get a tutor

I'm new to nrs games and somebody told me to come to this site to find a tutor and that bat girl is good for beginners.
Can I possibly get a tutor? I'm on psn as blazzi_tokes my connection is good I juat would like a tutor and training partner to help me level up my gameplay.

E

Eldriken

I may be wrong, but I don't know about Batgirl being good for beginners. Who told you that? >.>

If you want someone who's good for beginners, try Doomsday, Batman, Superman, and maybe Green Lantern (might be wrong on this).

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Eldriken is right, Doomsday or Green Lantern (I'm not so sure about Bruce and Clark) are better options for a begginer.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I'm new to nrs games and somebody told me to come to this site to find a tutor and that bat girl is good for beginners.
Can I possibly get a tutor? I'm on psn as blazzi_tokes my connection is good I juat would like a tutor and training partner to help me level up my gameplay.
I play BG. HMU on PSN - NRF_GHoST

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Batman is easy to learn, however, way harder to master.
I'd say try Green Lantern or Superman for a start.
If you wanna stick to Batgirl, @Pan1cMode would most probably be your best tutor lol
I can help you too on a lower scale though :)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm on both PSN (EU) and Xbox live.

BG isn't too bad for beginners but you have to get d2~bf1 down consistently. Once you've got that, she's not that hard all things considered. I'd recommend you try and get her basic vortex combos down;

b12, d2~bf1, ji2, 111
b2u3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111
dd3(MB), dash up, d2~bf1, ji2, 111

The hardest part of that is the d2~bf1. Practise that just by itself until you can get it down every time. Then you can think about her corner damage, frame traps etc.

The other thing I suggest you do is become familiar with the range of her b12. This will become your main footsie tool. Also learn the range of her b2 (it's deceptively larger than you'd think), when you get in that range you can mix up with either b1 or b2.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Even better than 111 as your ender you can use b2 d3 since it has less recovery frames and means you can repeat the vortex quicker.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Even better than 111 as your ender you can use b2 d3 since it has less recovery frames and means you can repeat the vortex quicker.
Nah, actually. b2d3 provides like 8 extra hit stun frames but she can't do anything extra with them tbh. As well as that, it does less damage. 111 is the superior vortex ender. It's also easier for beginners to time since all they have to do is mash 111.

Youphemism

Nah, actually. b2d3 provides like 8 extra hit stun frames but she can't do anything extra with them tbh. As well as that, it does less damage. 111 is the superior vortex ender. It's also easier for beginners to time since all they have to do is mash 111.
More hitstun = less chance to escape or try a mb b3/f3 (even thought it's very unlikely I know)
I'm not saying 111 is worse, I mean a vortex is a vortex and batgirl is amazing anyway so whatever string you use doesn't really matter. I suppose 111 is more beginner friendly but if they have to learn b2u3 then doing b2d3 can't hurt :)

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I'm on both PSN (EU) and Xbox live.

BG isn't too bad for beginners but you have to get d2~bf1 down consistently. Once you've got that, she's not that hard all things considered. I'd recommend you try and get her basic vortex combos down;

b12, d2~bf1, ji2, 111
b2u3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111
dd3(MB), dash up, d2~bf1, ji2, 111

The hardest part of that is the d2~bf1. Practise that just by itself until you can get it down every time. Then you can think about her corner damage, frame traps etc.

The other thing I suggest you do is become familiar with the range of her b12. This will become your main footsie tool. Also learn the range of her b2 (it's deceptively larger than you'd think), when you get in that range you can mix up with either b1 or b2.
Funny you mentioned the d2~bola. I still drop it A LOT when I'm on the left side of the screen for some reason.
111 ender is the best, I usually follow it with a B2D3 BF3(MB) B2U3 D2 Bola.
Corner combos are hard to pull off online.
Bola cancelling may become handy too.
Try minimizing the yolo uppercuts and smoke bombs as much as possible, no matter how tempting it may be :p

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
More hitstun = less chance to escape or try a mb b3/f3 (even thought it's very unlikely I know)
I'm not saying 111 is worse, I mean a vortex is a vortex and batgirl is amazing anyway so whatever string you use doesn't really matter. I suppose 111 is more beginner friendly but if they have to learn b2u3 then doing b2d3 can't hurt :)
No, 111 is always better. There's no chance of backdashing/MB b/f3 through 111 if done properly. It's literally impossible. There is absolutely no reason to go for b2d3 over 111 as an ender. The only other ender worth mentioning is 21 which provides an ambiguous cross up/ no cross up ji3 based upon stance.

Youphemism

No, 111 is always better. There's no chance of backdashing/MB b/f3 through 111 if done properly. It's literally impossible. There is absolutely no reason to go for b2d3 over 111 as an ender. The only other ender worth mentioning is 21 which provides an ambiguous cross up/ no cross up ji3 based upon stance.
You make b2d3 sound like the worst string ever...as you said it has more hitstun for one thing even if "she can't do anything extra with them". I'm just saying either is viable that's all, 111 is ok too

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You make b2d3 sound like the worst string ever...as you said it has more hitstun for one thing even if "she can't do anything extra with them". I'm just saying either is viable that's all, 111 is ok too
Yeah it's viable, but it's not worth using. It's like why go for something that's harder to use and does less damage? It's not worth it.

Youphemism

Yeah it's viable, but it's not worth using. It's like why go for something that's harder to use and does less damage? It's not worth it.
Well that's like saying why use b2u3 for the overhead in the vortex instead of f3 since b2u3 is harder to input and does less damage? You could use both if you wanted to and they achieve the same thing. I don't want to start an argument here so let's just accept that we use different enders for different purposes/advantages yeah? :)

It's about getting this guy a tutor! And clearly batgirl isn't the most beginner friendly if vortex enders are even a problem :D

E

Eldriken

I sometimes use b2d3 instead of 111 to throw the person off. *shrug*

I've had success with it plenty of times.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well that's like saying why use b2u3 for the overhead in the vortex instead of f3 since b2u3 is harder to input and does less damage? You could use both if you wanted to and they achieve the same thing. I don't want to start an argument here so let's just accept that we use different enders for different purposes/advantages yeah? :)

It's about getting this guy a tutor! And clearly batgirl isn't the most beginner friendly if vortex enders are even a problem :D
No, it's nothing like b2 vs. f3. f3 is hella slow and easily reactable. What is the advantage of using b2d3 as an ender? I'm curious to see your point of view. What viable tactic can you use after b2d3 that you can't after 111?

Also, BG is fairly beginner friendly once you get past d2~bf1

Youphemism

No, it's nothing like b2 vs. f3. f3 is hella slow and easily reactable. What is the advantage of using b2d3 as an ender? I'm curious to see your point of view. What viable tactic can you use after b2d3 that you can't after 111?

Also, BG is fairly beginner friendly once you get past d2~bf1
More hitstun, less recovery frames (I usually get a free dash in which messes with them), slightly less pushback so it's good for ambiguous crossup setups. There's not necessarily a 'viable tactic' that b2d3 has over 111 but it's the same for 111 over b2d3. Or, well, what do you see in it that you don't see in b2d3 besides a bit more damage?

Cartwheel cartwheel cartwheel I suppose ;) as long as you don't teleport too much since it's unsafe. you can do a lot with just cartwheel really

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
More hitstun, less recovery frames (I usually get a free dash in which messes with them), slightly less pushback so it's good for ambiguous crossup setups. There's not necessarily a 'viable tactic' that b2d3 has over 111 but it's the same for 111 over b2d3. Or, well, what do you see in it that you don't see in b2d3 besides a bit more damage?

Cartwheel cartwheel cartwheel I suppose ;) as long as you don't teleport too much since it's unsafe you can do a lot with just cartwheel really
No, the damage is the only difference. That is literally the only distinction between the two. 21 is used for ambiguous cross ups. You actually don't get any crossups off b2d3, if they hold back they block them all.

Youphemism

No, the damage is the only difference. That is literally the only distinction between the two. 21 is used for ambiguous cross ups. You actually don't get any crossups off b2d3, if they hold back they block them all.
That's my point, besides damage they're both viable combo enders. I would use 111 but I just prefer b2d3 for what I can do after it :) yeah I know you don't actually get any but it just makes it look like you're going for a crossup, works a lot for me

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I use B2D3 to go for empty jump setups and to make sure that people are blocking low. I feel like the more my opponent has to think, the better chances I have to hit the vortex. Also sometimes I like to go for B2, B2 to catch them blocking the D3, but this is a gimmick. Again, it's just another thing that people have to think about.