What's new

Pick my secondary/co-main.. A poll! - Seriously. Help me.

Who should my second/co-main be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
EDIT: SUB is not supposed to be in the list. Dunno how I missed him being there since i literally had to add a slot for him and then type his name, but he was supposed to be shaved off on my last pass. Votes for Sub will be disregarded, Im sorry. I cant edit him out of the poll, it wont let me.

Allright.

TL;DR: HELP ME CHOOSE A SECONDARY.

Poll will run from the time of posting until at least Midnight tonight (8/28). If Im unable to get back online by midnight, then it'll run till I do. Everyone will have two votes. If the poll ends in a tie between two characters I'll flip a coin. Three or more, single run through a randomizer.

After sitting around and agonizing over this since forever.. I give up. Putting this in TYM's hands. I need a secondary character, and I will choose that character based on votes, providing there are a total of at least 10 votes for the winning character. I say that because if 4 people vote total, its hardly conclusive enough to matter. If there is no turn-out for the poll and no one or hardly anyone votes (I already know no one cares, lol) I'll throw them all into a randomizer, hit the button 20 or so times, and take the most common top 3, roll them into the randomizer for 10 runs and take whoever comes out on top.

I main Canary and Im looking for a secondary character to her. Now, a character that covers some of her bad MUs would be nice, but more than anything Im just looking for, well, a second character. If I get bored or frustrated or just feel like Im hitting a wall, I like having a secondary to fall back on and rest my main for a bit. I could always just main random select, but Im not a strong player by any means, and I cant get away with just playing anyone. Its not an option for me, I have to grind even the most basic shit.

Ive labbed and tinkered with all these charactes and quite a few more.. and I enjoy these characters and would like to play them, I just cant seem to pick one over another. Whenever I do, I start having second thoughts and second guessing myself and blah blah. So, taking the choice out of my own hands here. My problem has always been a "grass is greener" mentality, and I usually like whole swathes of characters, I'm not very picky in that regard.. I also like a huge number of playstyles, though I do tend to lean towards characters with good buttons.

If you'd vote, I'd appreciate it. I really do mean this poll to be serious and I will abide by the results. If you'd have your friends vote, Id appreciate it. I know that to many of you this is beyond stupid, but its a problem for me and has been in every FG I have ever played. I bounce constantly and can never stay on one character long enough to learn the game, let alone the character. I genuinely do want to level up as a player and having a foundation to stand on while I do that will help me out a ton.

Thanks guys and gals.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

Sub was an accidental inclusion.. I edited the OP lol. I cant remove him from the poll though, so he will have to be disregarded =[

REYTHEGREAT

what happened to playing a character you feel comfortable with? A character that you can do the combos with ease?

EntropicByDesign

what happened to playing a character you feel comfortable with? A character that you can do the combos with ease?
I am comfortable on, and enjoy numerous characters. That is the issue. I lack the time and natural skill to main random select though and need to focus. Ie, the poll.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I would say Supergirl. She is pretty good right now, and gets in way easier than Canary can. I don't see Supergirl getting nerfed to the ground, so I would pick her over everyone else as of now.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Bro I don't want to sound like a douche but this is basically going to be a popularity poll or a troll poll. You main Canary so find the yang to her yin, so to speak. There's two schools of thought that hinge directly on one question: How competitive are you with the game? If you're looking at this more from a casual/enjoyment perspective then it's so subjective that a poll probably won't be anymore helpful than drawing a name out of a hat. It's like asking someone what their favorite ice cream should be. I love the hell out of toffee and chocolate but you might think it's disgusting.

The main criteria preference that you listed was "someone to play if you get bored/frustrated w/ maining Canary that might or might not cover her bad MU's". My instinct is to reccommend a defensive heavy character like WoWo, a hard zoner like Deadshot, or a hybrid rush/zoner like Harley (possibly even Supergirl if you want more mix options). Or...if you want to go more FOTM...Starfire could be a solid option as that character seems pretty well rounded.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I wasn't trolling, Swamp Thing is fun as hell
When projectile abuse is the name of the game; you simply don't get an easy time with Swampy or Bane(tbh I'm still a sucker for unblockable untechable command grabs).

EntropicByDesign

To those mentioning Swamp Thing.. I think he's a very interesting character and I love seeing him played well, as early as that happens, but he's not a character for me, so he's not in my poll. I like a huge breadth of different characters but not ALL characters, and larger, slow moving grappler types are at the polar opposite of my character spectrum.

EntropicByDesign

WoWo has only recently kinda snuck into my radar but she's legit really really good. If she wins the poll I certainly wouldn't be upset lol.