What's new

General/Other [Petition] Doomsday's Meter Burn Armor to be active during his Character Power

Should Doomsday be able to use Meter Burn Armor while his Character Power is active?

• Yes

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters

cyke_out

Noob
Except a huge majority of the people that bought the game play online and don't attend tournaments on a regular basis, if at all.

But as I said, then NRS should better their netcode.
Online is not a perfect judge of the game, there are too many variables to take into account. Offline has to be the only measuring stick when testing the game.

Better netcode will only get you so far, as no game has perfect 100% free lag.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Imo buffing his normals would do him much better good than buffing his trait. His trait is fine, but thats only my opinion.
Exactly! That's why I directed my petition to his trait, where he gets a new tool without necessarily addressing his real weaknesses. But that is something only DD players know. Everyone else seem to think his trait is OP.

I cope with his shortcomings just fine and I'm always working to maximize my gameplay. I'm not crying about him being a bad character. And just like we are telling people to learn and adapt to Deathstroke, the same applies to DD. Learn and adapt, he's not that strong.

REO pointed out something a lot of people here ignore: we have to ask for changes while we can. I know NRS implemented a new hotfix system. Unfortunately, in the real world, once the wave of DLC has passed NRS and WB will move to their next proyect / IP just like they did with MK9.
Your asking for canges for something that isn't justifable. You want these changes to imrove your gameplay. Not doomsday. Its all center on your self inability and not doomsday. Right now i prefer little changes as possible because im confident injustice system due to its versatility.

Doomsday normal are too slow? well learned timing for each normals?

His trait is being counter? then find counter measure for those counters

All doomday shortcoming needs to be offset by the players, not the game.

For example Bain can be zone very easily at max range by some characters and Bain specefic tools have limited options. So want to know how i deal with it? I use the game universal mechanic back dash mechanic to null my opponent tatic by being full screen and using back dash to invul thrue them. If my opponent does not have life than the'yy have to commit different appraoch. B

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Your asking for canges for something that isn't justifable. You want these changes to imrove your gameplay. Not doomsday. Its all center on your self inability and not doomsday. Right now i prefer little changes as possible because im confident injustice system due to its versatility.

Doomsday normal are too slow? well learned timing for each normals?

His trait is being counter? then find counter measure for those counters

All doomday shortcoming needs to be offset by the players, not the game.

For example Bain can be zone very easily at max range by some characters and Bain specefic tools have limited options. So want to know how i deal with it? I use the game universal mechanic back dash mechanic to null my opponent tatic by being full screen and using back dash to invul thrue them. If my opponent does not have life than the'yy have to commit different appraoch. B
This thread is about Doomsday, not about my skill level. When you start addressing me as a player and not the character by itself you're turning this personal. Don't turn this personal, stay on topic.

If you don't think DD needs this buff state your reasons in terms of his tools, other characters tools and the game's mechanic. Stop directing your concerns towards me. You haven't played with me yet you're making big baseless assumptions about my playstyle, skill level, adaptation, so on. If I had made a thread titled "I lose to scrubs even when using Doomsday" then you would have every right to attack my persona and skill as a player.

Im directing it at you because the problem is you. I;ve alredy gave you suggestion forgive em for not wanting to hand down something you could potentially figure out for your self either way I'm done with you. oh and hint hint i already mention what you could look for * universal mechanics*

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Im directing it at you because the problem is you. I;ve alredy gave you suggestion forgive em for not wanting to hand down something you could potentially figure out for your self either way I'm done with you. oh and hint hint i already mention what you could look for * universal mechanics*
*Hint hint* I already told you to stop assuming what I do and don't do.

Everything you said is valid. I would have liked you to present them without your condescending tone. Alas it seems you have this need, out of inferiority complex, to give advice while belittling others to feel better about yourself as a player.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Newsflash, not even REO can predict the future. We don't know how things will turn out with Doomsday.

"Let the game evolve" ----> Why should this idea only apply when people ask for nerfs?

Who says Doomsday doesn't have some kind of crazy vortex, reset or undiscovered tech that will make him 5 times better in a year?

Any slight insignificant buff can have huge repercussions on a character's development. Even changing a move or string by a few frames means you are giving that character new combos, new frametraps, new loops and maybe some new ridiculous tech no one thought about yet.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Newsflash, not even REO can predict the future. We don't know how things will turn out with Doomsday.
I know I know. Though the point he brought of "asking while we can" is true. I hope the hotfix system will let NRS tweak the game for a long time, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
"Let the game evolve" ----> Why should this idea only apply when people ask for nerfs?

Who says Doomsday doesn't have some kind of crazy vortex, reset or undiscovered tech that will make him 5 times better in a year?

Any slight insignificant buff can have huge repercussions on a character's development. Even changing a move or string by a few frames means you are giving that character new combos, new frametraps, new loops and maybe some new ridiculous tech no one thought about yet.
I agree. I'll be completely honest with you: I don't really believe he needs it. I just want this buff; it's a whim. I wanted to gauge how many other DD players want this as well.

I know this has a near-zero chance of happening. However, it creates discussion to further flesh out DD's strenghts and weaknesses.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
This game has way too much bullshit.
Agreed.... It kind of depresses me really. The 50/50's are to previlent, I find that matches are becoming more about who can get into a 50/50 set up faster than anything else.... and I use Killer Frost lol.

Fractured_Shadow

I know I know. Though the point he brought of "asking while we can" is true. I hope the hotfix system will let NRS tweak the game for a long time, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I agree. I'll be completely honest with you: I don't really believe he needs it. I just want this buff; it's a whim. I wanted to gauge how many other DD players want this as well.

I know this has a near-zero chance of happening. However, it creates discussion to further flesh out DD's strenghts and weaknesses.
Doomsday needs better frames advantage and a low starter above all IMO. The fact that he can be parried is pretty dumb as well. I have no trouble with this MU with Killer Frost's 0 frame parry into a 50% combo into a 50/50 lol....

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Doomsday needs better frames advantage and a low starter above all IMO. The fact that he can be parried is pretty dumb as well. I have no trouble with this MU with Killer Frost's 0 frame parry into a 50% combo into a 50/50 lol....
Precisely, the real buffs would address his frame advantage and normals. Yet, I mention his trait and everyone here freaks out.

Fractured_Shadow

Precisely, the real buffs would address his frame advantage and normals. Yet, I mention his trait and everyone here freaks out.
His trait is meh comparied to the rest of the shit in this game. I hate to say it becasue I was a HUGE DD supporter early on, but he needs some serious buffs to be viable. His risk reward is ass compaired to a large majority of the cast and his combo potential makes me cry.
Take everything I say with a grain of salt however, I am having a hard time taking Injustice seriously anymore and am not trying to discover any tech when I can just use Killer Frost and auto win.... but that is a story for another discussion.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
His trait is meh comparied to the rest of the shit in this game. I hate to say it becasue I was a HUGE DD supporter early on, but he needs some serious buffs to be viable. His risk reward is ass compaired to a large majority of the cast and his combo potential makes me cry.
Take everything I say with a grain of salt however, I am having a hard time taking Injustice seriously anymore and am not trying to discover any tech when I can just use Killer Frost and auto win.... but that is a story for another discussion.
That was cold, even for me.:joker:

Fractured_Shadow

these predictions still need to come true, you donw't want to buff or nerf a character yet.
DD is a pretty shallow character. It will not take much time for him to be fully discovered the way he stands. His glaring weaknesses are just that (glaring, for all you idiots out there), and need to be addressed.

Dizz_88

Noob
yea lets give high tier characters buffs so they can be more broken. i think batman, superman, and aquaman need some buffs too

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
It might be the case the DD would need this buff, maybe not.

Regardless of what the truth to that is, the bottom line is that if you hope to get not only the DD community behind you but a good number of general players of injustice to agree with you then I'm afraid your hopes are a little too big.

The entire ocean that is the injustice community is still a group of lost dazed and confused players who still have barely even begun to understand all the game mechanics, let alone become competent with their own characters, MUCH LESS have understanding of other characters and would know what he or she needs in any respect;

what I'm trying to say is that if you're looking for sympathy from other players and want them to understand why this is a change that needs to happen, you're going to have to wait until the general skill, knowledge reaches a point where DD's weakness becomes apparent on an average basis...

Sorry for my boring answer; DD is going to have to become mid/low tier for the general body of players to even begin to humor the idea of a buff because as it is right now, people just get bodied by him left and right...

But as for MY horribly biased opinion, Trait + Meter Burn = Yeeeeeaaaaaaassssss

SoVi3t

Noob
I dunno if this is the buff that DD needs, but he definitely needs a buff of some sort. His damage output is too low, risk/reward is dangerously skewed out of his favour, and he really doesn't have a high/low mixup at all in this game, and his low starters are virtually non existent. I still love the big lug, but he is definitely lacking in too many areas, and the good players are slowing realizing this. He's sadly nothing more than an online lag beast, and a scrub killer.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Online is not a perfect judge of the game, there are too many variables to take into account. Offline has to be the only measuring stick when testing the game.
Wait, you kind of lost me. What are you talking about?

Better netcode will only get you so far, as no game has perfect 100% free lag.
Obviously, but the netplay can still be improved to the point where it's blockable in most matches. Other FGs have harder things to block than Doomsday's, yet I can still block them online. NRS needs to step it up.

cyke_out

Noob
Wait, you kind of lost me. What are you talking about.

Obviously, but the netplay can still be improved to the point where it's blockable in most matches. Other FGs have harder things to block than Doomsday's, yet I can still block them online. NRS needs to step it up.

I totally agree that the online isn't as good as other games, however, my point is just because something is harder to react to online- thanks to a lackluster netcode, or connection between the players, doesn't mean the game should be altered and changed the way the game plays offline. Earth shaker is easy to block off-line, and making it even easier to block just for online will ruin the move completely for offline play.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I totally agree that the online isn't as good as other games, however, my point is just because something is harder to react to online- thanks to a lackluster netcode, or connection between the players, doesn't mean the game should be altered and changed the way the game plays offline. Earth shaker is easy to block off-line, and making it even easier to block just for online will ruin the move completely for offline play.
Now I get what you're talking about.

Me saying "nerf earth shaker" was a joke. I want them to improve that netplay so that it isn't almost unblockable.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Agreed.... It kind of depresses me really. The 50/50's are to previlent, I find that matches are becoming more about who can get into a 50/50 set up faster than anything else.... and I use Killer Frost lol.
Most 50/50s don't even continue pressure on block, really...so it's not the full focus of offense.

Btw, I like how DD's problems are this big and need to be addressed, but if I ever bring up some of GL's shortcomings and how big of a problem they are when it comes to whether he's top tier or not, I'd get lynched and called a downplayer lol.

Fractured_Shadow

Most 50/50s don't even continue pressure on block, really...so it's not the full focus of offense
Why would I want to continue pressure with terrible ass chip when I could just go for a totally safe 50/50 that could win me a round?