What's new

Match Footage Perfect Legend vs karaokelove Matchup training

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, didn't expect this to get its own thread. Just to make myself feel better, I want to post the disclaimers that I posted in the "critique my Deathstroke" thread:

Here is my training session with Perfect Legend. I just want to add 3 disclaimers:

1) These matches are against evo champ Perfect Legend, who literally wrote the book on Deathstroke, so cut me some slack.

2) I specifically asked him to play as Doomsday, Nightwing, and Ares, who are characters I already have a lot of trouble with, and am not quite sure how to fight. Because of that, expect to see a lot of hesitation and risky moves as I experiment and attempt to figure out the MU's mid-match.

3) I was experiencing some odd input issues that I don't generally experience. I couldn't seem to get a j3 cross-up to connect for the life of me, I dropped a lot of f23s after confirmed 323s, and had some serious issues getting u2 to come out after b1. Also Low Shot seemed to not want to come out a lot, which really never happens since I play on Hitbox. Not sure what was going on, but either way there were a few matches that were lost primarily due to these issues. The final score ended up being 9/16, but seeing some of the matches I could have ended had my f23 or u2 connected (like at 11:16 in video 2), it looks like I could have pulled off around a 12/14 at best. Oh well.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Wow, didn't expect this to get its own thread. Just to make myself feel better, I want to post the disclaimers that I posted in the "critique my Deathstroke" thread:

Here is my training session with Perfect Legend. I just want to add 3 disclaimers:

1) These matches are against evo champ Perfect Legend, who literally wrote the book on Deathstroke, so cut me some slack.

2) I specifically asked him to play as Doomsday, Nightwing, and Ares, who are characters I already have a lot of trouble with, and am not quite sure how to fight. Because of that, expect to see a lot of hesitation and risky moves as I experiment and attempt to figure out the MU's mid-match.

3) I was experiencing some odd input issues that I don't generally experience. I couldn't seem to get a j3 cross-up to connect for the life of me, I dropped a lot of f23s after confirmed 323s, and had some serious issues getting u2 to come out after b1. Also Low Shot seemed to not want to come out a lot, which really never happens since I play on Hitbox. Not sure what was going on, but either way there were a few matches that were lost primarily due to these issues. The final score ended up being 9/16, but seeing some of the matches I could have ended had my f23 or u2 connected (like at 11:16), it looks like I could have pulled off around a 12/14. Oh well.
Thats why I don't play deathstroke online. None of his tools work and online just conditions you to play scrubstroke.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thats why I don't play deathstroke online. None of his tools work and online just conditions you to play scrubstroke.
Really the only thing I have constant issues getting to work online is connecting 323 to a confirmed j3. I'll drop the occasional f23 after 323, but I was dropping stuff left and right during those matches, especially that damn b1u2. It must have just been nerves from fighting such a high-level player.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Really the only thing I have constant issues getting to work online is connecting 323 to a confirmed j3. I'll drop the occasional f23 after 323, but I was dropping stuff left and right during those matches, especially that damn b1u2. It must have just been nerves from fighting such a high-level player.
Ive stopped attempting online any f23 followup after 323

Good stuff Kareoke, Your ds imo is awesome

we should play tonight, ill be available past 11pm est -4am

I would like to run some lex vs ds, sinestro vs ds, superman vs ds (maybe lol picking him up today), ds vs ds and all if you dont mind.

I think very very highly of you as a player and your ds

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ive stopped attempting online any f23 followup after 323

Good stuff Kareoke, Your ds imo is awesome

we should play tonight, ill be available past 11pm est -4am

I would like to run some lex vs ds, sinestro vs ds, superman vs ds (maybe lol picking him up today), ds vs ds and all if you dont mind.

I think very very highly of you as a player and your ds
Wow, thanks for the kind words. I should be able to be on by 11pm tonight. I might be traveling tomorrow, so not sure how late I'll be on, but I'll let you know when I get things figured out. Regardless, we should be able to get in at least an hour tonight.

Sure, just shoot me a friend request. I won't be on much this weekend, but Sunday until Friday I'll be on almost 24/7 in preparation of UFGT.
Thanks man. I work overnight so my time is kinda out of whack but im usually on like 8-11 a and then any time btwn 5 and 10 p est. Not all oof those hrs of course but as many as I can be w.o missing things IRL.

Pig Of The Hut. Ill be on the lookout for that new gt. Lemme know if u remember. Either way we could set something up on here even if im not on your list
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I thought I was the only one dropping f23 a lot after 323. And I feel you on gun shots not coming out sometimes.
I think Deathstroke's guns actually cause a bit of frame instability. I've heard a few other people complain about it, and it gets really bad if you shoot Doomsday while his trait is active. Even in practice mode, it feels like I get some input delay after gunshots every now and then. This would explain why it's so easy to drop a move that I've used literally thousands of times by now.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I think Deathstroke's guns actually cause a bit of frame instability. I've heard a few other people complain about it, and it gets really bad if you shoot Doomsday while his trait is active. Even in practice mode, it feels like I get some input delay after gunshots every now and then. This would explain why it's so easy to drop a move that I've used literally thousands of times by now.
This whole game has input delay tbh, but yea online really fucks up DS when you actually wanna play a good game with him rather than sit back and zone the whole match.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Hmm I wonder why he didn't punish non MB venom. Ah wait online <headexplodes> damn online :(

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hmm I wonder why he didn't punish non MB venom. Ah wait online <headexplodes> damn online :(
There was a bit of input delay, but I was also learning the MU as we played. I specifically requested to fight his Doomsday, Nightwing, and Ares because those are 3 characters that I don't really know how to defeat with Deathstroke. I'm pretty confident about the Doomsday MU now, but Ares and Nightwing still baffle me. I have no clue how to approach those MU's, especially Ares' teleport online.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Lol, you never seem to drop it on me, oh wait Im not a high-level player.... Lol

Good stuff with the sessions with PL.