What's new

Perfect Legend Offers Lessons for Injustice: Gods Among Us!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
In their world they want videogames to equate to actual physical altheticism or on par with pro poker players that make millions or with people that play musical instruments or even personal trainers.. All of these things take more time and devotion than playing video games.. You cant even compare them, but they keep trying...

PL might even get a few people to pay him but he will never be able to make a good living giving videogame lessons.. Which all of those example above can make a good living.. Thats the reality of it all...
You for sure 100% missed the point of what most people are telling you. There is nothing to try, it's just fact: If it's important to you, you will do whatever it takes to improve. If you feel you are superior and too good for that, then simply don't participate. Something doesn't have to be physical or professional for you to really want to be great at. People pay for lessons in all KINDS of things, video games are evolving w/the times. Nobody said anything about making a living from $15 an hour, it's like you aren't even attempting to read replies to your posts

And how exactly do you know how long it takes to be "great" at videogames, are you actually great at any of them? You're in no position to act superior to people who want to learn an easier and different way. Plus your on a video game forum arguing over this just like we are, you're in the same boat whether you realize it or not

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
Ehhhh... I can understand why he does it, but I'd never pay for this kind of thing... Imo, the most fun part of Fighting Games is learning them alone, crafting combos, and trying new stuff, it's just so much fun to go on training and try out all the set-ups or combos that you've been thinking about during your day.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh man if this doesn't scream pretentious then I don't know what does. Last time I checked skilled players should be helping their community level up out of seeing the community grow, not to make a profit.
He sometimes stream matches on twitchtv for free, so I think thats how he helps the community maybe its a little contribution but very valuable. And I dont understand whats the problem with making some little profit, Tom and CD jr made it with the Injustice guide. I really hope PL, Tom, REO and all these guys that invest a lot of time and commitment to MK and IGAU make a lot of money, at least as much as Justin Wong, Daigo and Infiltration do.

You for sure 100% missed the point of what most people are telling you. There is nothing to try, it's just fact: If it's important to you, you will do whatever it takes to improve. If you feel you are superior and too good for that, then simply don't participate. Something doesn't have to be physical or professional for you to really want to be great at. People pay for lessons in all KINDS of things, video games are evolving w/the times. Nobody said anything about making a living from $15 an hour, it's like you aren't even attempting to read replies to your posts

And how exactly do you know how long it takes to be "great" at videogames, are you actually great at any of them? You're in no position to act superior to people who want to learn an easier and different way. Plus your on a video game forum arguing over this just like we are, you're in the same boat whether you realize it or not
Now you're trying to compare chating on a gaming forum with paying someone for videogame lessons.. Good god... Just pay PL already and get it over with.. I bet money you wont though... Matter of fact I bet not one person is this thread will pay him..

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Now you're trying to compare chating on a gaming forum with paying someone for videogame lessons.. Good god... Just pay PL already and get it over with.. I bet money you wont though... Matter of fact I bet not one person is this thread will pay him..
Well, if you are married like I am, then you're broke as I am too (a joke just in case you shit a brick)

And thank you for confirming you aren't reading my responses. I have stated now 7 times I have no plans to pay him, or anybody, cause it's not as important to me as it used to be. Anytime between 2003 to 2010, I would have paid a top player no question. Now, I wouldn't. And you GUARANTEE nobody will pay him in this entire thread? And here people say PL is the arrogant one, damn

Celerity

Lab Monster
In their world they want videogames to equate to actual physical altheticism or on par with pro poker players that make millions or with people that play musical instruments or even personal trainers.. All of these things take more time and devotion than playing video games.. You cant even compare them, but they keep trying...

PL might even get a few people to pay him but he will never be able to make a good living giving videogame lessons.. Which all of those example above can make a good living.. Thats the reality of it all...
As a professional poker player, I can attest that fighting games are more difficult and more physically demanding than poker.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
For those who put their heart and soul and everything else into going as Pro as possible at this game it's not a horrible price.

But if i'm honest charging for lessons at the game is pure exploitation of your skill.
Also it annoys me that he's just going to be trying to make more and more money from this, I'd suggest making a youtube channel getting adsense connected and sharing the tips for free getting alot of views and making the same/more money anyhow and helping people out without putting them out of pocket, it's just dirty.

But hey ho, man's gotta make a living and you know it's been said "if you're good at something, don't do it for free"

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Also i would love for someone to play him and demolish him every game and then see if he returns the money XD

He doesn't need to have tournament results to help people learn a game. Just because he hasn't won anything yet doesn't mean he doesn't have a solid general understanding of how the game works or good fighting game fundamentals in general and he can't help people with that.

Yeah, I know people in most FGC's, that I can beat, but they know a TON more information than me and constantly tell me things that make me better.

It's possible to be smart and have good decisions/analyzing skills. but not be able to perform what you preach because your brain isn't fast or your fingers aren't as accurate.

The winners of Valves International tournament splitting a Pot of a million dollars among 5 others would like a word. A hobby is a hobby no matter how you cut it, the best of the best are going to get paid the rest are going to pay to enjoy their hobby. People make money playing video games like some golfers make money playing golf. And none of them take anymore time and devotion to be the best at. Na'Vi / IG / other top dota2 teams train year round.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
He sometimes stream matches on twitchtv for free, so I think thats how he helps the community maybe its a little contribution but very valuable. And I dont understand whats the problem with making some little profit, Tom and CD jr made it with the Injustice guide. I really hope PL, Tom, REO and all these guys that invest a lot of time and commitment to MK and IGAU make a lot of money, at least as much as Justin Wong, Daigo and Infiltration do.
Help making a guide for a games release and teaching people Mu experience and character strats is different. REO taught me some batman MU exp when using deathstroke and he didn't charge me.

Disclaimer: I have only read page one. I am too disgusted to continue.

Why the fuck does anyone care about PL's nonexistent tournament history in Injustice? PL has been playing fighting games at a very high (and in many cases the highest) possible level for YEARS. He knows his shit. He is going to see things that you never even imagined could be problems. Anyone downplaying his ability to help you is a fool, enjoy going 0-2 in tournaments or, more likely, not even going and crying behind your keyboard. Shut. Up.

For those thinking it's absurd to pay for video game lessons: Who the fuck are you to come into this thread and put that on blast? You can all get the hell out and stop running your mouths. Nobody is forcing you to buy this. Lessons from high level players are COMMONPLACE in every other e-sports community out there, and this isn't the first time this has been offered in the FGC in general. You think Carl gives two shits that you don't like it? You think anyone on this site gives two shits you don't like it? Jesus do you people need reality checks.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Honestly, both sides are wrong in this arguement. Yes, the knowledge is out there, no you don't need to play a top player to improve and yes, you will improve very much faster when playing with one that gives feedback. UsedForGlue can back me up on this.

I think the fee is pretty high, I don't care how much Jwong charges, I see how much YOU charge. I know that part a certain lvl it's really difficult to improve and takes multiple sessions, a part of the audience you're looking for has hit that lvl and will have to spent huge amounts of cash to improve a little bit.

90% of this forum's users don't belong in this group, they are the audience you want and that will improve session after session with slightly more noticeable changes everytime as long as you play for 2-3 hours.

Is it worth it if you're a high lvl player and got money to spare? Fuck yes.

Is it worth it if you're a low-mid lvl player and got money to spare? Fuck yes.

Is it worth if you don't have a lot of money to spare? Fuck no.

How about PL starts charging for Skype live coaching while you're at tournaments. You know like those UFC guys when they take a time out and they get all patched up and coached before going back in.

Perfect Legend

JLG

Noob
I offer pastry/culinary lessons/classes. I have my own equipment and I specialize in Italian-Greek cuisine and Eastern-Europe confectionery. My speciality: Baklava, Tavuk Gogsu and Coconut milk Panacota.
Baklava is soooo good, and I will always buy it if it's offered on a menu. Tavuk Gogsu, I'm not familiar with that. Will have to check that out. Anything with coconut milk is great, add the word Panacota and it's even better :)

Edit: Just to keep things on track, people pay money or barter for ANYTHING they feel has value and they either want or need it. That shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.

If my internet connection was any good, I would at least consider getting online training from an elite (pro-level) gamer. Sure, I probably could learn whatever I need to know on my own. But how long would that take, even with stream watching and lots of research? A day, a week, a month? That amount of time is much more valuable to me than the $15 that PL is charging.

Counter-Strike has had this for like 10 years. We used to charge for strat help in CSS. Worked perfectly. The uptake was really good.

coolwhip

Noob
Do you really need him to win a major to know if he can help you with the game or not (let's ignore that he was a tester)? The guy streams Injustice like every day. Just watch him play. If you think you can learn from him, then that's all the credentials he needs.

1. PL is 100% right by doing this. I know most of you fall into the same category BUT, he's a kid--with immense talents. He should utilize his talents like ALL "talented" people usually do.
2. I would rather pay PL $15+ than to stalk out Foxy and Pig for lessons. I rather our games be a legitimate business transaction than for me to waste their time "teaching" me for free. I presume most of you couldn't fathom that concept...
3. For those like myself...1. I'm too old to learn myself 2. $15 doesn't even cover my daily cost of lunch 3. I am far from being a "moron". This opportunity would be perfect for me.
4. I would gladly pay for lessons from Reo, Brady, Foxy and Pig if the opportunity was there. I get zero satisfaction from people helping me without some sort of comparable compensation for them as well.

Celerity

Lab Monster

Really? And I'm not being sarcastic I'm just actually curious about that
Yeah, poker just requires a brain, whereas fighting games require reflexes and execution.

As far as which is more difficult to play at a high level, I guess it's tough to compare, but poker is easier for me personally.

axeman87

Noob
This is cool as.
Aside from 'getting fit' (or not), playing computer games is no different to playing sport games.

Both are things people enjoy, can have clubs and friends exclusively for a mutual interest and when all's said and done, both are completely and utterly pointless and only as important as the fans and players want to make it.

Sport games have coaches, trainers etc, why cant a fighting game?

If I lived near PL, or had a reliable connection to US players I'd get a lesson, why the hell not. $15 is like two cups of coffee and I'd probably learn more in an hour than I would playing for who knows how long in Practice mode.