What's new

Question - Blood God Perfect Input?

lwght

Noob
Hi,

I'm new to MKX and started to main Kotal Kahn (Blood). The damage and setups are nice, but some combos with 'Totem-D1xx(EX)DF1' are tricky.

For example:

F1-B2 xx DB1- D1 xx (EX)DF1-F1-B2

I can't connect D1 with EXDF1, seems like i'm too slow and/or the opponent far from reach.

How can I improve my input on these combos (and the input in general) ?

Last edited:
Hi there
with connecting D1 to DF1, you do not need to input down twice if that makes sense. If you go into training mode and monitor your inputs you will see that you are able to connect D1 and DF1 with input that will read like this: D,1,F,1. If you are fast enough it should come out every time.

As for generally improving you input, there are a few things I have found to help me out:
Turn off Release Check, Alternate Control and Input Shortcuts. If I recall correctly the game has some of these on by default so if you haven't already, turn them off and see if it makes a difference.
Use the d-pad. This is really up to you but in my experience using the analogue stick on your controller is just begging for input errors, so if you aren't already, try the d-pad for a bit and see what you're better with.
Aside from those, the only thing you can really do to improve is practice. Go into training mode and monitor your inputs to see where you're going wrong, break up your combos into smaller parts and master them before stringing it all together, get your timing down etc...

Seriously I can't stress enough how helpful sitting in practice mode for a while and drilling specific things is when it comes to having good input in actual matches, at least it is for me. I'm pretty new to the game as well so everything was pretty daunting when I first started playing, but with enough practice combos become pretty much muscle memory.
Hope that helped

Last edited:

lwght

Noob
That really helped. D1-EXDF1 coming out every time now.

I use d-pad on xbox1 and the only thing that hinder my execution are my noob hands.

Thanks for the advice.