What's new

PDP MKX Pad - Double inputs

So I bought the PDP pad in order to have a second controller and to keep the strain off my normal XBO controller.

However, I have been running into some issues. It seems that the pad sometimes registers the 'A' button excessively. I will be blazing through menus as well as variations. I have seen it come up with a few others who use it as well, are there any users here who have a similar issue?

Also, I have been having issues with strings that involve simultaneous button presses, such as with Raiden and Ermax. Any tips? I think it might be linked to the 'A' button issue as well.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I dont have any problem ingame, but typing a msg is annoying as hell with the mkx pad. U have to really carefully press otherwise u got like 4
times what u want to press only once.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
I bought the pad a while back. Yeah the PDP pad is garbage in my experience. I got my first one and had a malfunction with X Button specifically. If I pressed it once for some reason the game would think I pressed 2-3 times in a row. So then I returned it to Amazon for another one. Second one did the same thing within 2 days of attempting to my normal combos in MKX.... This thing is garbage in my experience. Sorry if this doesn't reflect people that had better experience.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I have the exact same problem. I contacted PDP and they said I could get it replaced but it would take 2-3 weeks. The buttons in general seem flimsy and aren't precise enough to me. Sucks that I got 2 of them, 1 for PS4 and 1 for XB1, they kinda aren't that great imo.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
I have the exact same problem. I contacted PDP and they said I could get it replaced but it would take 2-3 weeks. The buttons in general seem flimsy and aren't precise enough to me. Sucks that I got 2 of them, 1 for PS4 and 1 for XB1, they kinda aren't that great imo.
Even if they replace it like me getting a new one from Amazon. It will simply just happen again... Heck it happened again in only a matter of a day or 2. Sigh PDP only proving your quality again....

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
That's sad; I've never seen you that excited about anything before. :(

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I've given this pad almost two months and tons of benefit of the doubt but it's just trash. The dpad is too small and unresponsive and those double inputs make messaging with it impossible.

Does anyone know what the best 360 to xBone converter is? I just ordered another Madcatz Brawlpad for USF4 that I also want to use for MKX. Yes those things give to wear and tear with Madcatz' flimsy parts, but at least it's awesome out of the box which is way more than I can say about this PDP pad.

Last edited:
I've given this pad almost two months and tons of benefit of the doubt but it's just trash. The dpad is too small and unresponsive and those double inputs make messaging with it impossible.

Does anyone know what the best 360 to xBone converter is? I just ordered another Madcatz Brawlpad for USF4 that I also want to use for MKX. Yes those things give to wear and tear with Madcatz' flimsy parts, but at least it's awesome out of the box which is way more than I can say about this PDP pad.
I believe that would be CronusMax or Titan One. Unfortunately, both of them are banned from Tournaments. People tested the CronuxMax during KI tournaments and it would either lag the console or destroy the USB port. I think Sabin would have more info on this specific converter since he saw the consequences of this converter in tournaments.

You can try the Horipad for Xbone but that pad is also a piece of junk since the dpad is not precise. I am pretty sure most of us are waiting for the SF5 pad for Xbone.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I believe that would be CronusMax or Titan One. Unfortunately, both of them are banned from Tournaments. People tested the CronuxMax during KI tournaments and it would either lag the console or destroy the USB port. I think Sabin would have more info on this specific converter since he saw the consequences of this converter in tournaments.

You can try the Horipad for Xbone but that pad is also a piece of junk since the dpad is not precise. I am pretty sure most of us are waiting for the SF5 pad for Xbone.
SF5 is not coming out for xbone so I dont seem them getting that pad. Maybe a generic version of that pad. Apart from making your own xbone converter, I would not use any of the commercial ones.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

I really appreciate the response! Unfortunately though, like @chemist4hire said, I think us xBoners (worst name ever? lol) are screwed without SF5 coming to our system. There's almost no chance Madcatz is making a pad for us so we're stuck with either whatever incredibly shitty options we do have or getting a converter.

And my enjoyment of MKX is dwindling every day that I keep having to try to make this PDP trash work with its baby-hands d-pad and double-tap buttons so I'm opting for a converter at this point.