What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Yeah but they mentioned "solved rare desync issues" like 3 times before in earlier updates.
Sure, and maybe they did fix desync issues, just not the ones you've been experiencing. Hopefully this time they'll get them.

If not, submit a ticket. Record and upload your matches and send links so Support and QLOC can actually see actually what is happening when you're getting Desynced. Make sure you list your input device(s) being used.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
In my opinion, the fact that MK11's PC patch schedule is just marginally better than previous NRS games isn't good enough justification to not be annoyed with receiving content late. We all paid the same amount of money for MK11 as the console players, and should expect that we all receive content at the same time. The PC version of MK11 has already been a crapshoot thus far, and to not hold anyone accountable because "Well, MKX was even worse than this" is flawed logic. We all paid the same money, we should all receive the same level of after-sale support.

In my opinion, the fact that MK11's PC patch schedule is just marginally better than previous NRS games isn't good enough justification to not be annoyed with receiving content late. We all paid the same amount of money for MK11 as the console players, and should expect that we all receive content at the same time. The PC version of MK11 has already been a crapshoot thus far, and to not hold anyone accountable because "Well, MKX was even worse than this" is flawed logic. We all paid the same money, we should all receive the same level of after-sale support.
If you're overall extremely dissatisfied with the port and how it's being handled, in honest truth, you're best option is to stop playing it further, and to stop playing/purchasing any content from WBIE in the future. They're a business, and if you feel strongly against how things have been going, voting with your wallet is what you need to do.

You should also send a message to WBIE explaining (constructively) what you're doing and why, and you should also (constructively) encourage others to do the same siting your reasons.

There are plenty of other games, including fighting games on PC, that you can enjoy. There's no point to continue playing a game that frustrates you when there's others that don't, and are more deserving of your money, out there.

Pyrosis

This is also flawed logic. There is a level of granted trust between consumer and supplier in any exchange of goods, and the implied level of trust as established by... pretty much every video game post-sale support ever, is that it is the norm and acceptable to expect that your particular system will receive the same level of support. This is only a failure on behalf of the developers, their side is the one who cannot fulfill the expected terms of the agreement.

I'll agree with you that petitioning is a valid form of discourse for this, but not to that extent. The only reason that NRS, or whoever is directly responsible, has an extended history of failing on PC support is that PC users have let them without organizing proper methods of expressing discontent over having their purchase being treated as less-valuable. No company can withstand negative attention for long, they depend on our money and not the way round, so it should be our duty to express, in number, our displeasure.

The only reason they continue to do this is cost analysis from past evidence "Sure, we fucked over PC users time and again but they didn't really make a huge rise out of it so... it's okay to delay it again".

If enough people really want to let them hear that our purchase is just as viable as other consoles, and we deserve the same support, then I will attempt to organize it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So write to WB, QLoc, and NRS about it. By writing here, it’s literally just impotent whining. I think it sucks too, but I’m not going to waste my time whining to the other PC players about it. We can’t solve this issue for you.

Pyrosis

So write to WB, QLoc, and NRS about it. By writing here, it’s literally just impotent whining. I think it sucks too, but I’m not going to waste my time whining to the other PC players about it. We can’t solve this issue for you.
Yes, I understand that, which is why I added that last bit of the message.

Pyrosis

And yes, you can't solve this issue for me. As can every PC player solve this issue for themselves. If all of us organize and fill NRS, QLoC, and WB's social media with evidence of our displeasure at they way our money's being treated then it will MOST DEFINITELY change. The only factor is: Are PC players willing to actually give themselves a voice? Or just sit back and "oh well, it was worse in MKX so this is fine" until we're devalued on every content update for as long as NRS plans to keep developing games...

Raider

Noob
Are PC players willing to actually give themselves a voice?
They are not. They tend just to move on. Like they did with previous NRS games. Sure hardcore players will stay and play the game for long period but amount of players doing that is really, really small to be able to change anything. Also, that number is small for WB and NRS too, so imo. they will never change things. I mean we are not talking about one game here, we are talking about multiple games and years of frustration. Things still didn't change.

Writing to WB, QLOC or NRS won't change anything. They will continue to do the same.

@Pyrosis No, my logic is not flawed in the slightest. What I've suggested to you is, realistically, all that you as a single consumer can do. This is reality.

Will they drop everything and change their business practices solely because you, a single user, stopped supporting them and informed them of such via email? Of course not. It's simply a way for you to say your piece. Voting with your wallet ultimately is the best course of action.

You're also demonstrating your lack of understanding of development, porting, and game history. I do not mean this in a derogatory fashion. A few points to clarify for you:

• NetherRealm Studios is not working on the PC version of the game. The PC version is developed/ported by QLOC and Shiver.
  • Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment is the publisher of the game on all platforms and the owner of NetherRealms Studios. They've contracted QLOC and Shiver to do the PC port. They are the primary and final decision makers on all things Mortal Kombat.
  • After the extremely poor launch of Mortal Kombat X and the lack of Kombat Pack 2 and the XL content coming to PC, gamers did indeed petition, boycott (to a degree, since gamers are awful at actually following through on such things), and flood social media with their discontent. It didn't do much, at least not right away.
  • In the past, there were vastly different versions of the same Mortal Kombat games being out there, depending on the platform and port. I'm referring specifically to the original trilogy from the '90's. Things were not equal then, and coincidentally, they are not now.
However, that gap has been significantly reduced. WBIE ultimately hired QLOC to replace High Voltage Software, and they are a far better developer when it comes to porting titles. They significantly cleaned up Mortal Kombat X and were contracted to bring the XL content to PC and did a great job of it. Patches were still delayed, but significantly less than when High Voltage Software was doing it.

Mortal Kombat 11 had an excellent launch. Patch 5 back in May changed something, most people seem to think it's the anticheat software that was added. If so, who knows who was the decision maker on what to do/use. Might have been QLOC, more likely was WBIE. Regardless, the game is still in a far, far better state then Mortal Kombat X was at this time in its life. DLC characters thus far have released on time as well, and patching is less delayed than it was then.

Could things be better? Absolutely. Has their been improvement between the two titles though? No question, and hopeful improvement continues.

If you're unsatisfied with how things are going though, no longer supporting them is your best option as a single consumer.

Pyrosis

So all of that to say... You don't actually know if a real, actual petition or drawing extreme amounts of negative attention to [Insert Who's Responsible Here] will actually work. Because it's never actually been really tried like Raider said...

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
r just sit back and "oh well, it was worse in MKX so this is fine" until we're devalued on every content update for as long as NRS plans to keep developing games...
the only way how patches currently would appear at the same time would be when they hold the xbox and ps4 patch back. so you want people on other platforms to wait longer for you to feel better?

They are not.
really? after what happened with mkx and the xl update which as we know sold very well

thats what the next game of nr managed to squeeze out.
it dipped hard due to the simple vote with your wallet option everyone has and in that case seemed to use.
product itself wasnt even bad so with mk11 people jumped in again hoping it gets better which it did.

Pyrosis

Yes, I do want them to delay the console release. If that's literally the only way. Because that's a fair option. They didn't pay more for the game on console than I did on PC.

So all of that to say... You don't actually know if a real, actual petition or drawing extreme amounts of negative attention to [Insert Who's Responsible Here] will actually work. Because it's never actually been really tried like Raider said...
No, all of that to try and help explain things to you.

Yes, I do want them to delay the console release. If that's literally the only way. Because that's a fair option. They didn't pay more for the game on console than I did on PC.
Going by your logic then, we as PC players should:

• Have our improved graphic options and frame rates removed.
  • Have to pay a subscription fee to play Multiplayer
I'll wait a few days for a patch happily to retain those. Especially the second bullet point.

Things aren't equal, it's just how things are. We have things they don't, they have things we don't. And to play the full game, they're actually paying more.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
nr was fair in term of that they communicated pre release that patches on pc and switch might get released later as the xbox/ps4 version.
your stance is selfish, which in itself is fine for me but i dont share it.

Pyrosis

"Well, by every measurable standard in the video game industry. There is an accepted and expected agreement that all versions of the game will receive the same support, to do otherwise is by definition unfair to the consumer. ...But we said that we prolly won't do that somewhere out there in the ether one time. So therefore no one is allowed to hold us accountable."

...You guys are like brainwashed or something? It's like I'm talking to people who are getting shanked in the guts and just look at the murderer and are like "thanks, bro you think you could stab me a couple more times, mate?"

Pyrosis

NRS/QLoC/WB/Whoever TF is responsible, is not responsible for PSPro or Xbox Live memberships. They are responsible for ensuring each version of the game has the same content releases, at the same time.

"Well, by every measurable standard in the video game industry. There is an accepted and expected agreement that all versions of the game will receive the same support, to do otherwise is by definition unfair to the consumer. ...But we said that we prolly won't do that somewhere out there in the ether one time. So therefore no one is allowed to hold us accountable."

...You guys are like brainwashed or something? It's like I'm talking to people who are getting shanked in the guts and just look at the murderer and are like "thanks, bro you think you could stab me a couple more times, mate?"
No, we just live in reality and know things aren't created equally. The bolded statement above is 100% false, and is your opinion of how you want things to be (and I agree, it would be fantastic if that was the case), but this isn't reality in the industry as a whole.

If it was, Diablo III would have received continued support on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, as would have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but they were all dropped.

That's two examples, not from the fighting game genre, that give the lie to the bolded statement.

No one here is going to disagree that same-day patches across all platforms would be an amazing thing, and should in truth be the standard, but we all know it's not.

NRS/QLoC/WB/Whoever TF is responsible, is not responsible for PSPro or Xbox Live memberships. They are responsible for ensuring each version of the game has the same content releases, at the same time.
^This does not change the fact that console players are actually paying more to play the full version of the game. This is a factual statement. You know who's having it the worst? The Nintendo Switch players. Later patches and they're also paying a fee to play the full Multiplayer version of the game.

And no, they are not responsible to ensure what you're saying about patches. That's simply what you'd like. And as I've said, that would not be a bad thing at all.

Pyrosis

Yes, and they didn't happened to hold those developers accountable, in number like I'm advocating for, either. Did they? Strange coincidence, that.

Pyrosis

All platforms are expected and should be held accountable for releasing content that we've paid for already on the same day. That is the definition of the agreement when we exchanged money for the product. I really don't get what's so difficult to follow about this, other than attempting to scramble for some abject reason to disagree.