What's new

@PC GAMERS - How do you set which controller is the 1st Player? (at OS Level or Game Level)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Having a real issue with Street Fighter 6 and I had it with MK11 as well.... and that is how do you determine which controller is the 1st player and which is not? Like the idea would be to have my Stick for my wife, my MixBox for me and the gamepad for the kid all plugged in at once.... but it seems whatever device is initialised by windows 1st is the 1st player. Meaning if we are playing and I want a turn, we have to quit out of the game completely, get up, walk to the pooter, disconnect the controller and plug in another and then sit down?

Is there a way either at the OS level or in game.. to determine which controller you are going to play with when playing online or in training mode? By either setting the "1st" player or some other way?

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
You might be able to find something that would help with that under bluetooth and other device settings. Should be able to remove whichever device isn't being used atm and then add it back in and remove the other when you swap.

Having a real issue with Street Fighter 6 and I had it with MK11 as well.... and that is how do you determine which controller is the 1st player and which is not? Like the idea would be to have my Stick for my wife, my MixBox for me and the gamepad for the kid all plugged in at once.... but it seems whatever device is initialised by windows 1st is the 1st player. Meaning if we are playing and I want a turn, we have to quit out of the game completely, get up, walk to the pooter, disconnect the controller and plug in another and then sit down?

Is there a way either at the OS level or in game.. to determine which controller you are going to play with when playing online or in training mode? By either setting the "1st" player or some other way?
In most fighting games, including Street Fighter 6 and Mortal Kombat 11, the player controller order is typically determined by the order in which the controllers are connected or activated. The first controller that is connected or activated is usually assigned as the first player (Player 1), while subsequent controllers are assigned as second player (Player 2), third player (Player 3), and so on.
To ensure that your desired controller is recognized as the first player controller, you can follow these general steps:
  1. Connect or activate the controller you want to use as the first player before any other controllers.
  2. Launch the game (Street Fighter 6 or Mortal Kombat 11) and navigate to the main menu or character selection screen.
  3. The game should automatically assign the first controller as the first player. Look for indicators on the screen, such as player icons or controller numbers, to verify the assignment.
  4. If the game does not assign the correct controller as the first player, you may need to adjust the controller settings within the game's options or settings menu. Look for options related to controller configuration or player order.
  5. Some games may also provide the option to manually select the player order. Check the game's settings or options to see if such an option is available.
It's worth noting that the specific process may vary slightly depending on the platform you're playing on (e.g., PC, PlayStation, Xbox, etc.) and the particular game you're playing. Always consult the game's manual or documentation for detailed instructions on controller setup and player order.
Regards: Webteknohaber