What's new

General/Other Paying a visit to Edenia...

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I have got to say, this place looks pretty damn impressive. I like it. The community has chosen Kitana for me to main for a week, and so I come to you, The Kitana community, for help and guidance. I see a lot of threads here, so I ask: What should I focus on?

Playing around in training mode, I see she has a lot of damage potential.

Surely, her footsies aren't all D1+Cutter. What else?

I know that 33 is nuetral, cutter on hit can allow for a safe jump, but what else?

I'm not looking to be spoon-fed, I just need to know where to look.

Thank you all, I think I'm going to like it here.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I hate d1 cutter lol. If that gets ducked then she is punished. Its a good move to check opponents with but nothing to spam.

Footsies. 21 cutter is good to use, especially off a blocked jip. The pushback is pretty nice and can set up some counterpoke attempts with f21, b1 And b3, all safe on block. 33 is nice to, hits mid, grants advantage on hit, neutral on block and cancels into specials. I like using 33 a lot during pressure because it usually catches opponents who are trying to jump away from pressure and you can follow up with an AA combo. D3 is pretty nice too, +3on hit/+10 on crouch hit, nice range, lowers hitbox and causes pushback on block. D4 is very underused but I like it. Try it out.

Kitana is probably one of the most perfect all-around characters, meaning she can play really good defensive game AND and very good offensive game. With that being said, she isn't a rusher or a zoner. I consider her a "hit & run" character. Go in, use some footsies, get some damage and once you get the life lead, back off and let the foe come to you. Also, she isn't meter dependent, and more often than not, she is going to have meter, thanks to all the chip from footsies and the zoning. She should only use meter for 21 ex fan toss or breakers mainly, tho ex fan lift is a good AA, even on cross ups. She has crazy unbreakable damage too.

I can go on for days about this character lol. I love her a lot and she's hella fun to use.

I know I didn't explain too much but I just wanted to give a gist of things. Hope this helps and don't be afraid to ask questions if need be. We're here to help.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I greatly appreciate it. What are some basic starter combos, or can I just use what they have in the Brady Guide?

What are her best wake-up options?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Noobstomp: 11df2, 112, and when they lock up 21 cancels, 21 otg and go on over again.

aj1701

Noob
I greatly appreciate it. What are some basic starter combos, or can I just use what they have in the Brady Guide?

Her wake up game is pretty weak actually. Stay down, roll back. Sometimes cutter if used very sparringly, but people are catching on and it can be ducked. To get out of a corner, ex-ass should do it. Nothing she can do on wakeup can't be ducked I believe.

My execution is crap and takes me forever to get things down. My first combo was f21, b+2~air fan, dash, ground fan dash 2~cutter. IIRC it does 31%. There's also f41, dash 2~lift, dash, b+2~air fan, dash, ground fan dash 2~cutter. I think corner combo f41, 2~fan, 2~lift, b+2~air fan, ground fan, dash 2~cutter. If I can do them anyone can :)

I still need to learn some 21 starter combos :oops:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
After d1 I like doing an iaf.
After a hit d4 your at +16 so you can go for f21 or a throw
D4 fake out kick jails
B3 b33 b33cutter and d3 are all neutral ( not d3)and good pressure tools
21 fan lift dash dash ground fan b2 fan ground fan 4 ground fan is a combo off 21
I like stay at jump range - 21 range
- at the range you can go for 21, iaf , d1
I'm not a full screen kitana. But I don't rush down either.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Her wake up options are not the best since she's weak on knockdowns. Ass Away helps her retreat, Ex Fan Lift to catch a rushdown character off guard or even when they try to cross over when knocked down.

Kitana has one of the BEST Grab/Throw set ups. Her Forward Grab allows her to OTG, it also opens up opportunities especially from characters with weak wake up attacks then 2,1 OTG as well. Also her D3 low hitbox poke set up spacing and D1 spacing /33/B3 counter-poking. Her Backward Grab allows her to zone her opponent (if given the life lead) since she sends them the opposite direction full screen.

If Kitana had Ex Pretty Kick that involved full armor and hits overhead mid, she'd be one of the best in the game thus finding a better use for her non-existent move Pretty Kick, D1~Pretty Kick pressure options, mid-hitting and better wake up game helping her on knockdown pressure.