What's new

Patch questions

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Here's a simple question that Ive had on my mind since i heard about sub-zero getting armor on slide. Now we all have hopes and expectations for Kano to get buffs in the area he needs them. Or better yet, bring him back to the way he was without ridiculous upball recovery. But my question is, if that patch wish list doesn't get filled out to your liking what will you do with the new Kano we have to play? If we don't get old knifes back, or more damage will you drop the character, or ride it out and hope for the best?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
D.Barrett said:
Here's a simple question that Ive had on my mind since i heard about sub-zero getting armor on slide. Now we all have hopes and expectations for Kano to get buffs in the area he needs them. Or better yet, bring him back to the way he was without ridiculous upball recovery. But my question is, if that patch wish list doesn't get filled out to your liking what will you do with the new Kano we have to play? If we don't get old knifes back, or more damage will you drop the character, or ride it out and hope for the best?
Don't get your hopes up. Hecter is under the impression that Kano is good enough as he is.

Pay attention to Freddy as soon as the patch is released. Despite the tremendous damage reduction, the character may have solid zoning strategies, which Kano used to have, along with fairly safe 50/50 mix ups.

Past

Noob
Don't get your hopes up. Hecter is under the impression that Kano is good enough as he is.

Pay attention to Freddy as soon as the patch is released. Despite the tremendous damage reduction, the character may have solid zoning strategies, which Kano used to have, along with fairly safe 50/50 mix ups.
Are you hinting that Freddy will render Kano useless?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Past said:
Are you hinting that Freddy will render Kano useless?
Perhaps. At the moment, about 10-12 characters are better than he is. My point is that if you are tournament player, there are superior options.

I don't see Kano getting any major buffs. Online players have ruined this character. This part of the forum had been unbrowsable for a couple of months until Kano was toned down.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hmm, good point dave, I didn't think of Freddy that way before. Might give him a shot once he's fixed, then.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Well if Kano will remain unchanged I have no need to hold this torch anymore. Im just gonna go run with Nightwolf or take the easy road with someone like Raiden. Tournament player or not, its a shame they listen to online casual players who will most likely drop the game when the next Call of Duty comes out.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
To me it feels like NRS patches characters based on stream/tournament matches. Then they listen to whatever anyone says on forums when it comes to characters you don't get to really see in streams/tournament matches. Since people aren't complaining about Kano being overpowered and there really isn't much footage showing where he may be lacking, then Kano's not getting anything. But to stay on topic, I'll still play Kano mostly because I've already done too much research to just drop the character completely.

Big Frog

Noob
As long as he still calls everyone a bitch, chokes and spits on them I'm sticking with him.

Really though I still think he's pretty good. Definitely not as good, but Kano rules too hard not to play.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
So tonight on Valley Stream Monsters' chat, Paulo Garcia said Kano's getting better recovery on enhanced knife.