What's new

Guide - Commando Parry-Able Strings

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
The (*) indicates where you should input parry.

Shinnok

112*3 - DB1 EX

Kung Lao

11*212 - DB1 EX This one might actually be after the first 2, but it’s hard to tell. Must be crouching.

b12*2+4 - DB1 Must be crouching. This one would actually be better to interrupt with 112 DF1 EX, as you have more than 3 frames to interrupt.

F2*1 - DB3 EX

4*4 - DB1

Jax

12*b4 - DB1 EX

d1*d2 - DB1 EX

2*12 - DB3 EX

21*2 - DB1

b3d2 - DB1 EX or DF1 EX The gap is big enough that you can get an armored choke, pick between them for spacing purpose. DB1 switches sides and DF1 throws them forward

Wrestler

f3*1+3 - DB1

f4*1+3 - DB1

Kano

11*2 - DB1 EX

Cybernetic

f3*2+4

Johnny Cage

Entertainer

3*4 - DB1 Only if they hold 4

Fisticuffs

b12*1 - DB1 EX

Sonya Blade

b1*42 - DB3 EX

2*134 - DB1 EX

213*4 - DB1 EX

2*1u4 - DB1 EX

2*22 - DB1 EX

2*24 - DB1 EX

b33*u4 - DB1

Erron Black

b32*d1 - BF3 EX

b32*u1 - 112 DF1

Kenshi

44*12 - DB1 EX

441*2 - DB1 EX

43 - When crouching the last hit whiffs, so you can do 112 DF1

Liu Kang

11*3 - DB1

2*b2 - DB1 EX He could do 22 which isn’t parry-able, but feel free to hit DB1 EX since you’ll still block the second 2 if he does 22, and will parry if he does 2b2

f444 - If you crouch, the last hit whiffs. 11 DFB4

Kitana

Nothing, fuck you, Kitana.

Ermac

f21*d2 - DB1

f3*4 - DB1

Scorpion

11*4 - DB1

b32*f2 - DB1 EX

Kotal Kahn

Nothing.

Reptile

141 - DB1

Sub Zero

Nothing.

Ferra/Torr

Lackey

4*2+4 - DB1 EX

Mileena

2*1u4 - DB3 EX

21*u4 - DB1 EX

f4*4 - DB1

Ravenous

b12*1+3 - DB1

Piercing

b12*1+3 - DB1 EX

D’Vorah

11*3 - DB1 EX

Takeda

1*12 - DB1 EX

b21*2+4 - DB1 EX

Raiden

b1*2 - DB1 EX

Thunder God

112*2 - DB1

b112*2 - DB1

b3*2 - DB1 EX

Cassie Cage

12*1 - DB1 EX

b12*4 - DB1

33*2 - DB1 EX

Quan Chi

Warlock

12*1+3 - DB1 EX

Jacqui Briggs

211*4 - DB1 Must be crouching.

Goro

b12*u2 - DB1

f21*2+4 - DB1 EX

Kung Jin

f2d1*u2 - DB1 EX

Shaolin

22*1 - DB1 EX

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
I was actually working on something similar but you beat me to it! Good stuff. There are some interesting things I noticed that things could be parried at make range cause the middle parts of the string would miss. For example, Kenshi's 114, you can't parry the 4 normally unless he does it from the Max Range of the string.

I also noticed Kung Lao's B12 just... Can be countered standing randomly. I have no idea what makes it different...

Also For some reason the Cage family have normals that can only be countered by the WRONG counter. It's really dumb!

Cassie's 12B4 is a low that you have to High Parry
Johnny's 114 is a mid you have to Low Parry
Johnny's F244 is a mid you have to Low Parry

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
@OG Mannimal is this everything and all up-to-date? I was actually just working on something with every string that can be parried and then some random miscellaneous stuff you can parry. If it is, I can probably stop lol, but can we get this updated for the OP in the variation discussion. Mastering parry I think is crucial to Kommando.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
This is not up to date. It came out like week 2 or some shit. I started going through cast to find everything parryable as well @ETC AdmiralAugustus . Shit's real tedious I only got through like 4 characters, but doing it actually taught me a lot about those characters and my option in the MU, so it's definitely worth it.

Edit: Maybe we can combine efforts to make it not as bad. I started on the top row from the left when I did it so Jason, Kung lao, etc..

Gobei Go

Noob
This is not up to date. It came out like week 2 or some shit. I started going through cast to find everything parryable as well @ETC AdmiralAugustus . Shit's real tedious I only got through like 4 characters, but doing it actually taught me a lot about those characters and my option in the MU, so it's definitely worth it.

Edit: Maybe we can combine efforts to make it not as bad. I started on the top row from the left when I did it so Jason, Kung lao, etc..

I really really like the idea of a few of us updating these strings/moves. I already had started like you had and I was recording it. But maybe we can tackle it together. Let me know what you want to do.

FlappyDaniel

Since you're recording it may be better for you to compile the visuals, but I can help with some of the leg work and just send you like a text document or something. for these parries it's important to test strings at close range and max range. I've been testing by controlling the character and having computer Kano just EX Parry on reversal. If it's EX Parryable then I test to see if it's normal parryable, since if it's EX parryable it can also be interrupted by EX Ball cancel. Wondering if we should also test Crouch blocking and stand blocking because of the different data there too.

FlappyDaniel

That sounds good, either that or I can just start on bottom row if you already did top. Either way, I'm willing to help though now my weekend just got a little busy, but I'll still look for the time. Might be smarter for me to just finish off top if we're trying to get this info cranked out this weekend.