What's new

General/Other - Ruthless Pain n Gain Frame data.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Is it really that worth it to try to pressure though? You ripping 5% off. Unless you got a good gimmick coming in. Is torr super over head? You could probably getting a jailing pressure 50/50 for all your meter lol. Either f2 combo or super
oh hell yea, block stun on a canceled f2 is huge. You can just let it rock and if they push any buttons then you can punish them by run cancelling. you have enough advantage to run a short distance after f2xxPnG

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
Update: anyone else notice that bf2 is DEFINITLY NOT NEG 3?
Now that I'm looking at it bf2 is safe depending on the range... Hm. Weird

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
The data is good, the numbers are right but the way you're figuring them is wrong. When you cancel a move on block, you basically replace that move's negative block frames with it's cancel frames which are used in the next move's start-up and recovery. In this case, PnG has roughly 5 frames of start-up before you can cancel it and memory serving b.3 has 20 cancel advantage, giving the impression of +15.

Otherwise, data is greata. Try jailing some of these into standing 2, you may be surprised to find a few of these are slightly more advantageous than you thought.
A lot of the information in the game menu is wrong like plus,minus on block or even cancel advantage. The way I test cancels is: I downloaded an app from the App Store that alows you to make a video clip in 60 FPS and later play it frame by frame. You go in training mode and pick the same character you are testing for Player 1 and 2. You put the dummy on Always Block, Jump (NJ) and Reversal Back Dash. Player 1 does the block string into the special and cancel with backdash or just backdash if what you are testing is not a run cancel then hold up! When you watch the replay frame by frame, you will notice the 3 frame, because it has a very funny animation. So basically you are counting the frames. Very simple. It works with all cancels to frame perfect!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
A lot of the information in the game menu is wrong like plus,minus on block or even cancel advantage. The way I test cancels is: I downloaded an app from the App Store that alows you to make a video clip in 60 FPS and later play it frame by frame. You go in training mode and pick the same character you are testing for Player 1 and 2. You put the dummy on Always Block, Jump (NJ) and Reversal Back Dash. Player 1 does the block string into the special and cancel with backdash or just backdash if what you are testing is not a run cancel then hold up! When you watch the replay frame by frame, you will notice the 3 frame, because it has a very funny animation. So basically you are counting the frames. Very simple. It works with all cancels to frame perfect!
But why would I do that when I already know all of the frame data?

Cooljaxx

@Roko1985 not trying to be rude or anything but there is more than one way to figure out frame data. And if you are a true Ferra torr main you know the true frame data of the character. Do you even play Ferra torr?

Skedar70

Noob
Ruthless is getting the nerf in the next patch. Those 50%+ combos for 1 bar midscreen or corner will not be allowed to live. The pain and gain damage price is a steal for such a combo. His pressure up close and in the corner is insane. This is a slept on character that only Biohazard took advantage of.

Cooljaxx

Ruthless is getting the nerf in the next patch. Those 50%+ combos for 1 bar midscreen or corner will not be allowed to live. The pain and gain damage price is a steal for such a combo. His pressure up close and in the corner is insane. This is a slept on character that only Biohazard took advantage of.
Okay? Won't change us from playing the character... I wouldn't even mind a damage nerf.

Cooljaxx

And even if we get a damage nerf from pain n gain, it would still be one of the best tools. It has more use than just being a damage adding buff.