What's new

Outfought and Outsmarted: Living Guide for Takahashi Takeda

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Frost is fun with takeda.

BF2 ex is very strong ender to set up her bomb.
B3 bomb cancel links into a combo in the corner (bit useless but fun)
You can cut your combos short and end in b21 FK then get your ex kunais down.(works on pretty late combo gravity)

In the corner bf2ex-F b+K dash in b3,f4 and grab all lead to full combo. Basically means they have to wake up to avoid 3 way guess. This setup is safe and wakeup can be bated

definitely not optimal but im enjoying
Stuff like this makes me wish that kameo reversals were more viable as wakeups. Frost could actually be really solid if her reversal actually patched Takeda's armor hole.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
@wsj515

B21xBF3U, 4xBF3F, j21(Scorpion UpKameo)xdf1, j24xDB3 is 343 damage and sets up Smart kunai mid combo and youre +12 at b3 distance. Ending with sweep instead drops damage to 304 but you're +25, point blank, with a smart Kunai at your feet.

There's a chance that this will work as an ender to larger combos, too, but this is what I found meterless. I gotta go to work soon, but I'll check it out more later.
What are you using as a general combo ender / scorpion extension for pure damage? the usual bf3u combo where the final j24xdb2, kameo call j24xdb2 seems pretty inconsistent with scorpion. I can only really get that ender off the bf2EX launch combos.

Last edited:

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
What are you using as a general combo ender / scorpion extension for pure damage? the usual bf3u combo where the final j24xdb2, kameo call j24xdb2 seems pretty inconsistent with scorpion. I can only really get that ender off the bf2EX launch combos.
I've been ending combos with 4xDB2 when the gravity is too high for J24xDB2. You can EX it into J1, then do j24db.

I'm gonna add a lot to this, probably this weekend. Since finding the Scorpion grab setups, I play Takeda a lot differently.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant

So this is the "cash out," route I'm using now