What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn [Outdated] The Kotal Kahnbo Thread

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
People are answering you in this thread and are trying to help you.
As I said in your second rant thread, you're helping no one with new threads with copy pasted content every few days.
If you want this thread updated, do a list of what people have written or linked you and then alert the thread creator or a moderator to ask them to put it in.

See @I GOT HANDS I can be a nice guy too.

Even if the tone is a bit harsh. :DOGE
People are answering you in this thread and are trying to help you.
As I said in your second rant thread, you're helping no one with new threads with copy pasted content every few days.
If you want this thread updated, do a list of what people have written or linked you and then alert the thread creator or a moderator to ask them to put it in.

See @I GOT HANDS I can be a nice guy too.

Even if the tone is a bit harsh. :DOGE
Nah I hate the forum flood as well. Just saying, does need a new thread or updater

mattnin

Noob
Guys, I'm gonna list my bnb's for Blood God. They may not be 100% optimal but they are pretty damn optimal and easy to do. I'm also going to list my 2-3 bar bnb's. If you're like most Blood Gods, if you have the meter, you go for it. Maybe some of the other Blood Gods can add. I'm not the greatest but I am good.

Mid screen 1 bar bnb
114, ex df1, f2, b14, df1 40%
b12, ex df1, f2, b14, df1 34%
f1b2, db1, b14, ex df1, f2, b14, df1 46%
f2, f2, f2, b14, ex df1, b14, df1 43%

Situational Mid Screen bnb
Too Close, corner push, brain fart etc
f2, 1, f12
f2, 1, f2, b14, df1
f1b2, f1b2, ex df1, b14, df1

Corner 1 bar bnb
b122/b14 ex df3, d1, 114, df1 40%
b14 ex df3, d1x8, d4, df1 41%
114, ex df1, d2, d1, b14, df1 41%
114, ex df1, d2, d1, d2 40%
114, ex df1, d2, d1, 114, df1 43%

Corner 2 bar bnb. I will always go for this if I have the meter.
b14, ex df3, d1, 114, ex df1, b14, df1 52%
b14, ex df3, f1b2, ex df3, b14, df1 51%

Corner 3 bar bnb
b14, ex df3, f1b2, ex df3, b14, ex df1, f1b2, df1 61%

Fixed, some combos were not good, updating percentages

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Guys, I'm gonna list my bnb's for Blood God. They may not be 100% optimal but they are pretty damn optimal and easy to do. I'm also going to list my 2-3 bar bnb's. If you're like most Blood Gods, if you have the meter, you go for it. Maybe some of the other Blood Gods can add. I'm not the greatest but I am good.

Mid screen 1 bar bnb
114, ex df1, f2, b14, df1
b12, ex df1, f2, b14, df1
f1b2, db1, b14, ex df1, b14, df1
f2, f2, f2, b14, ex df1, b14, df1

f2, 1, f12
f2, 1, f2, b14, df1
f2, 1, f2, b122, ex df3

2 bar mid bnb
f2, f2, f2, b14, ex df1, b122, ex df3

Corner 1 bar bnb
b122/b14 ex df3, d1, 114, df1
b122/b13 ex df3, d1x8, d4, df1
114, ex df1, d2, d1, b14, df1

b122/b14, ex df3, d1, 114, ex df1, b14, df1
b122/b14, ex df3, f1b2, ex df3, f1b2, df1
114, ex df1, d2, d1, b14, ex df1, b14, df1

Corner 3 bar bnb
b122/b14, ex df3, f1b2, ex df3, b14, ex df1, f1b2, df1
Excellent post.

For Sun God, these mostly work just fine. Just replace the df1 ender with db2 for Choke. Keep in mind the positioning of Choke though, depending on charges its often worth it to forgo Choke to keep them in the corner.

Also, for ease of use, any time you see B14, you can replace it with B12. You lose 1%-2% for each B14 replaced this way but its a lot easier, and certainly simpler for new(er) players. It can be nice to use to get a handle on Kotal's combos and get out in to actual matches faster. in Sun God, you are still hitting for low 40's on most 114 or f2 combos and IMO anything that gets you out of the lab and in to real matches is a plus. Then you just work on optimization.

EntropicByDesign

Please stop spamming these constant posts. If someone DOES make a new combo thread, people posting combos here can be collected and moved to that thread. Why discourage anyone to not post information YOU want?

Just relax, someone will likely pop up to recreate and curate a new combo thread. Id be willing to do it if no one else steps up,but Im a shit player, and in a perfect world the thread is managed by someone who knows what they're doing.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
I'll post here all War God practical combos:

B14 starter:

- B14 df2
- B14 ex db1, F2, b122 db1 (you can also end with f1b2 df2 or blood sacrafice after b122)

F2 starter:

- F2, F2, F2, b14 air takedown
- F2, F2, F2, b14 ex air takedown, b122 db1 or f1b2 df2
- F2, F2, F2, b14 ex air takedown, f1b2 ex db3 (sword quake OTG always hits)
- F2, jp1, F2, b14 ex air takedown, b122 db1

corner:
- F2, F2, F2, F2, 114 ex air takedown, f1b2 df2

B12 starter:

- b12 ex air takedown, F2, b14 air takedown
- b12 air takedown

F1B2 starter:

- F1B2, F1B2 df2
- F1B2, F1B2, B14 air takedown
- F1B2, B14 ex air takedown, F1B2 df2

B122 starter:

- B122 df2

corner:

- B122 ex air takedown, F2, throw

114 starter:

- 114 ex air takedown, F2, b14 air takedown
- 114 ex air takedown, F2, F1b2 ex db3

JK starter:

- corner:

jk, ex airtakedown, F1B2 df2

other starters:

- B1
- F1
- F34

Last edited:

Mid screen 1 bar bnb
114, ex df1, f2, b14, df1
b12, ex df1, f2, b14, df1
f1b2, db1, b14, ex df1, b14, df1
f2, f2, f2, b14, ex df1, b14, df1

f2, 1, f12
f2, 1, f2, b14, df1
f2, 1, f2, b122, ex df3

2 bar mid bnb
f2, f2, f2, b14, ex df1, b122, ex df3

Corner 1 bar bnb
b122/b14 ex df3, d1, 114, df1
b122/b13 ex df3, d1x8, d4, df1
114, ex df1, d2, d1, b14, df1

b122/b14, ex df3, d1, 114, ex df1, b14, df1
b122/b14, ex df3, f1b2, ex df3, f1b2, df1
114, ex df1, d2, d1, b14, ex df1, b14, df1

Corner 3 bar bnb
b122/b14, ex df3, f1b2, ex df3, b14, ex df1, f1b2, df1
I'll post here all War God practical combos:

B14 starter:

- B14 df2
- B14 ex db1, F2, b122 db1 (you can also end with f1b2 df2 or blood sacrafice after b122)

F2 starter:

- F2, F2, F2, b14 air takedown
- F2, F2, F2, b14 ex air takedown, b122 db1 or f1b2 df2
- F2, F2, F2, b14 ex air takedown, f1b2 ex db3 (sword quake OTG always hits)
- F2, jp1, F2, b14 ex air takedown, b122 db1

corner:
- F2, F2, F2, F2, 114 ex air takedown, f1b2 df2

B12 starter:

- b12 ex air takedown, b14 air takedown
- b12 air takedown

F1B2 starter:

- F1B2, F1B2 df2
- F1B2, B14 ex air takedown, F2, F1B2 df2

B122 starter:

- B122 df2

corner:

- B122 ex air takedown, F2, throw

114 starter:

- 114 ex air takedown, F2, b14 air takedown
- 114 ex air takedown, F2, F1b2 ex db3

JK starter:

- corner:

jk, ex airtakedown, F2, F1B2 df2

other starters:

- B1
- F1
- F34

See now, THIS is constructive. Kudos to you both on having the energy to compile these.

I don't know which moderator to ping to get op updated with this but somone who does, please @ them!
(The OP sure won't, he hasn't been active since late july.)

EntropicByDesign

Yup. And like I mentioned, the BG combos are basically SG combos with a change of ender. So @mattnin essentially covered both variations.

BG could use a nice guide on setups and various ways to poop out your totems. Just like SG could use a section on setting tick throws and the mind games it allows you to play.

EntropicByDesign

Of no one else steps up today I'll make a reserve post and start data-mining. With the approval of those whoa combos I'd be using of.course. full credit given, etc.

I'm.thinking of an initial post with basic Kotal information and universal strings. Then following with three mode posts, one per variation.

That's if no one minds a.newb handling the thread and such.

I think it would be a bad idea to delete this thread, or even de-sticky it. This thread has a ton of info by a lot of different people. Yes, some of it is scattered, but guess what, any new thread would also get somewhat disorganized and the hidden gem posts would get buried. My suggestion to you is to go through the thread from page 1 like all the other dedicated Kotal mains.
A de-sticky is fine. Deletion or transportation to the Netherrealm would not be a good idea, for reasons that you have stated.
----
Who would like to make a nice and tidy thread of combos for the best Outworld Emperor?

Of no one else steps up today I'll make a reserve post and start data-mining. With the approval of those whoa combos I'd be using of.course. full credit given, etc.

I'm.thinking of an initial post with basic Kotal information and universal strings. Then following with three mode posts, one per variation.

Just edit this post of yours that I'm quoting and I'll transform it into a new thread, whenever you feel like it's ready.

Unless someone else believes they can make a reasonably tidy and organized thread.

Last edited:

mike2039

Banned
i ask apologizes for my compaints i am good person,,

but we must help all and to make one combo thread for his 3 varitations.... and i aks ,my apologizes again.,..

A de-sticky is fine. Deletion or transportation to the Netherrealm would not be a good idea, for reasons that you have stated.
----
Who would like to make a nice and tidy thread of combos for the best Outworld Emperor?

Just edit this post of yours that I'm quoting and I'll transform it into a new thread, whenever you feel like it's ready.

Unless someone else believes they can make a reasonably tidy and organized thread.
Thank you.

Be sure to look at the post earlier by @mattnin and others in this thread.
I'm sure no one will mind, but just credit people if you are worried someone will be butth...

EntropicByDesign

Ok, I'll start putting it together this afternoon, I should have it done tonight because I have fuck-all to do today, but no promises.

@Alien Substance , If you don't mind, I'll just make a new thread and a couple replies to format it the way I have in mind. If thats ok? My plan was the initial post to introduce Kotal, a basic breakdown of him and his variations along with universal strings and specials, then the variation combos themselves in SPOILER tags. I had originally thought of a new post for each variation, but I dont see why Id need to really, with the SPOILER tags to keep it organized.

Is there any way, someone who's more familiar with the various Kotal players we have here, could throw out some tags in a post HERE, to draw them in and let them know we're re-doing the combo thread? It could help with contributions and tech and info in general. When I make the new thread there will definitely be some "Add this" posts right after mine, but for obvious reasons I'd like to be as comprehensive as possible from the outset, so we dont end up with two pages of clutter right away.

Any way, I'm gonna get to gathering and start thinking of how I want to format everything.

EntropicByDesign

@Alien Substance Would it be possible to make the thread somewhere else and have it moved here when completed? I was thinking of some place uncluttered and lightly trafficed so i could tinker with formatting and such and get it to look nice, but be quick, convenient and easy to read.

Granted, I could just do that right here couldnt I.. which was your original suggestion.

Im slow.

@Alien Substance Would it be possible to make the thread somewhere else and have it moved here when completed? I was thinking of some place uncluttered and lightly trafficed so i could tinker with formatting and such and get it to look nice, but be quick, convenient and easy to read.
I can transform one of your posts into a new, locked thread with a Work-In-Progress notice in the title (and move more of your posts in there, if you want more than a single post at the beginning of the thread,) for you to edit in peace.

However, that method depends on if you are able to edit your own posts in a locked thread.

Granted, I could just do that right here couldnt I.. which was your original suggestion. Im slow.
It's no biggie.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
And can we freaking ban or give warnings at the very least to people who do shit like this? Seriously, he made the thread on the day of the game's release, and it's only update was a week after, and a moderator has to do it for him. From that point, absolutely nothing. It's not like he hasn't been here to update the resource, he has posts months in from that point, he simply doesn't care.

Seriously, it's not even speculation at this point, this guy made this thread than for no other reason to see his name on the front page.

mike2039

Banned
so we have to make a new combo thread will all the latest kombos damages and more

and we must help all...

we must help for to make one very good combo thread for all his varitations..

combos big damages strategies and more stuff

this is my opinion

what is your opinion;;

kotal kan deserves the best combo thread will all his 3 varitations..

Last edited by a moderator: