What's new

Original Concept Art for MK

RayRokka

Noob
Does anyone know where I can get the original concept art for MK that John Tobias Created? I'm getting a custom stick made and thats what I want for my background is a collage of Tobias original concept art for MK.

krsx

Noob
RayRokka said:
Does anyone know where I can get the original concept art for MK that John Tobias Created? I'm getting a custom stick made and thats what I want for my background is a collage of Tobias original concept art for MK.
Are you talking about pics off the internet, or somehow getting the original copies? :)-D)

If it's just pictures you need, I remember the "Making of Mortal Kombat Mythologies" showed some MK1 pics at the start when Tobias was explaining the history of how he came up with Sub Zero. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=633

I think the Annals of MK might have some early MK1 pics too, of the early Liu Kang and the big guy that never made it.

RayRokka

Noob
pics off the internet would be great...

I need something that I can use for the background on my stick

I could prolly get it from JT himself, but I haven't talked talked to him since Studio Gigante folded, if worse comes to worse I'll just ask him. Maybe he can sign it for me too!

dreemernj

Ambassador
I looked through the old Gamepro strategy guide for MK1 but it didn't really have any good artwork. I remember having a Gamepro magazine about MK2 and it had tons of concept art, production photos and everything. But sadly the MK1 one is missing all that sorta stuff :-/

XL

Noob
RayRokka said:
I could prolly get it from JT himself, but I haven't talked talked to him since Studio Gigante folded, if worse comes to worse I'll just ask him. Maybe he can sign it for me too!
Actually, I hear they are back in business creating another game.

Which is odd, because they created awful games before. Being a huge wrestling game fan, they sure did fuck up Wrestlemania 21. Ugh. I went back a got a refund for it after I bought it.

RayRokka

Noob
I worked on that game...my name is in the credits under QA

I'm the only person to work for both Boon and Tobias post breakup

krsx

Noob
Well, here's some stuff:

Early Shao Kahn:

Subby:

Early Scorpion, Mileena, Kintaro and Baraka: (scroll down to 'Hidden Warriors')
http://www.angelfire.com/sd/scaifsal/mk/h.html

Early Shang Tsung / true form:

Rokuro (early Goro):

Yoshitsune Minamoto (aka Minamoto Yo Shin Soo) Early Liu Kang

--

A lot of the pics aren't great quality unfortunately. Supposedly this site used to have a lot of the MK1 and 2 stuff, it's kind of defunct now though...

http://web.archive.org/web/20020327145025/www.fragile-minds.com/fatsatan/index2.php

RayRokka

Noob
dreemernj said:
I looked through the old Gamepro strategy guide for MK1 but it didn't really have any good artwork. I remember having a Gamepro magazine about MK2 and it had tons of concept art, production photos and everything. But sadly the MK1 one is missing all that sorta stuff :-/
the MK2 art would be great as well, I would love to have some Kintaro and Shao Khan art

ZAQ

Noob
I have plenty of old EGM mags. Most of which have a lot of MK art in them. I will try to scan some when I get home next week.

i wish i was a bit older so i could have played and got all these mags and stuff i mean in my time i didn't even really get to see a release of a big MK game

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I had all of the old mags with pics of the actors in costume and early drawings by tobias and such...but with moving from place to place years ago, they were "lost"...I think they were stolen :(

ZAQ

Noob
'Minor' setback in my plans, it seems PA just cant get enough of me.
Ill scan the mags when i get to NY.
Sorry for the wait.