What's new

Question - Quan Chi Organized sticky quan chi combo thread?

red team gone

blue team go!
Just started posting here during combo breaker, after lurking since just before mkx released, so I wanted to start by saying how incredibly helpful all of the info on this site is... You guys are pretty rad.

That being said, after using character combo threads (and a little of trying to work out tech myself) for all of the other characters I use, I've had to dig quite a bit on quan chi... There is only one sticky here vs. The 5 or 6 in most other character pages. Just wondering if someone could sticky the most useful threads that exist for woolay, or maybe start a new organized one.

Just a suggestion, and again, thanks for all of the help you guys pass on to everyone.

red team gone

blue team go!
Sticky Quan Chi.
That's his fourth hidden variation. He uses a glue jar.
I like this idea. His throw would pretty much end the match tho. Johnny would be all "dude... dude, let go of me. we're stuck. What in the hell is all over your hands? Cut cut cut... We have to reset, everyone."

Last edited:

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I think it would be more constructive to make a combined combo thread for all variations. Lots of summoner and warlock vids for combos but a little less notation unless you dig. I also couldn't find any Sorcerer combo's here so I ended up making some up (which tbh wasn't that hard anyway). I'd be happy to spend a little time organising it if need be?

red team gone

blue team go!
I think it would be more constructive to make a combined combo thread for all variations. Lots of summoner and warlock vids for combos but a little less notation unless you dig. I also couldn't find any Sorcerer combo's here so I ended up making some up (which tbh wasn't that hard anyway). I'd be happy to spend a little time organising it if need be?
This^^... I created this thread specifically because I couldn't find anything on sorcerer. Videos are great, but for chumps like me, notation is better for learning from scratch. I went with warlock for now...

On a side note, coming from liu kang, cheesey seems really clumsy, and slow.... Awkward even. Do I need to get gud with him, or is that pretty much his style? Also, anyone have any general points about quickening my play with him? Just lots of ex ground burst or what? Sorry for the noob questions, he seemed easier to pick up in mk9, unless I remember wrong (it's been a while)...

Last edited:

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
This^^... I created this thread specifically because I could find anything on sorcerer. Videos are great, but for chumps like me, notation is better for learning from scratch. I went with warlock for now...

On a side note, coming from liu kang, cheesey seems really clumsy, and slow.... Awkward even. Do I need to get gud with him, or is that pretty much his style? Also, anyone have any general points about quickening my play with him? Just lots of ex portal slam or what? Sorry for the noob questions, he seemed easier to pick up in mk9, unless I remember wrong (it's been a while)...

It might just be a matter of personal preference. For me Quan felt completely natural when I first picked him up. A lot of his game revolves around keeping your opponent at ranges your comfortable with and they aren't, whether that be full screen for zoning purposes or at max b2 range to bait and punish jump ins or advancing string. These are the places I prioritize most. People sleep on the power of b2 as a whiff punisher. Aside from that you have njp which is a great AA, and deals well with people who like to cross you up after a blocked poke. Always keep in mind that at certain ranges d3 can be used as an anti air and that on hit against a grounded opponent it grants you 15f of advantage, which is enough to get a true 50/50 between your overhead or low options. It's more a matter of playtime and experience but I'm sure you'll get there. He is indeed less fluid and agressive than liu, so you're probably just approaching him in not the best way.

red team gone

blue team go!
It might just be a matter of personal preference. For me Quan felt completely natural when I first picked him up. A lot of his game revolves around keeping your opponent at ranges your comfortable with and they aren't, whether that be full screen for zoning purposes or at max b2 range to bait and punish jump ins or advancing string. These are the places I prioritize most. People sleep on the power of b2 as a whiff punisher. Aside from that you have njp which is a great AA, and deals well with people who like to cross you up after a blocked poke. Always keep in mind that at certain ranges d3 can be used as an anti air and that on hit against a grounded opponent it grants you 15f of advantage, which is enough to get a true 50/50 between your overhead or low options. It's more a matter of playtime and experience but I'm sure you'll get there. He is indeed less fluid and agressive than liu, so you're probably just approaching him in not the best way.
A lot of helpful stuff for me here... With liu, I'm constant changing up between zoning and rush down on the fly, his regular lateral movement is fast enough that I don't even run often. I think I keep trying to play woolay with the same ranges, which makes no sense. Also, the timing/ hotbox on liu's njp is so small, it may as well be useless for me, so I have to get used to having that as an effective weapon too. Just need some more practice I think.

Thanks for the advice...