What's new

Optimal AI Loudouts for Grinding Towers

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Ok so grinding towers is necessary for unlocking content. Even with some adjustments some towers are still a bit more trouble than they are worth.

AI can help with modifiers because they aren't affected by chaos modifiers, generally dont turtle against aura modifiers, can use consumables instantly, and simply can't be read like a book by the enemy AI.

Please post your AI character and attribute build in this thread so ppl can experiment with what AI builds to use for towers.

I think Skarlet has the most aggressive and ruthless AI in the game. She pokes aggressively and knows how to use restands and parries to keep up pressure.

10 rushdown (just enough to keep her advancing)
20 combos (if you set this too high your character will fish for unsafe stuff)
30 reversal (let's her poke like crazy, most important stat imo)

I run Parry, Cell Siphon, and Red Mist (reset and DOT). I only use modifiers that she uses while she is being pressured, like Takeda Kunai, Water God wave, and any lifestealing items.

What are you guys using?

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I haven't had any luck with Sub Zero. He doesn't understand how to convert of Ice ball, so high combos is kind of wasted on him.

I think high reversal and rushdown with some grappling is good. For some reason his AI loves uppercut. He will whiff it in neutral.

Kitana is fine as a zoning set up, but that is not optimal for towers as it takes too long. She has trouble up close because she will consistently try to start combos with a raw fan lift.

I've been just sticking with skarlet as my grind bot.

Last edited:

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
I run jacqui with clench and dome

25 rushdown
15 reversal
20 combos

She Pretty much only loses to modifiers like Quan Chi and acid rain (only super armor and Dot damage can take her down)

For boss fights I stack projectile consumable like (Tsu Hao Beam, Mileena Sai, etc.) because they are invincible and the Ai will spam them because of the low cooldown

Ok so grinding towers is necessary for unlocking content. Even with some adjustments some towers are still a bit more trouble than they are worth.

AI can help with modifiers because they aren't affected by chaos modifiers, generally dont turtle against aura modifiers, can use consumables instantly, and simply can't be read like a book by the enemy AI.

Please post your AI character and attribute build in this thread so ppl can experiment with what AI builds to use for towers.

I think Skarlet has the most aggressive and ruthless AI in the game. She pokes aggressively and knows how to use restands and parries to keep up pressure.

10 rushdown (just enough to keep her advancing)
20 combos (if you set this too high your character will fish for unsafe stuff)
30 reversal (let's her poke like crazy, most important stat imo)

I run Parry, Cell Siphon, and Red Mist (test and DOT). I only use modifiers that she uses while she is being pressured, like Takeda Kunai, Water God wave, and any lifestealing items.

What are you guys using?
what abilities u use with skarlet?

--

LOL didnt know u can let ur AI fight in towers of time
thats easy mode now.

thanks for this thread and thanks for the jacqui build. <3

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
10/20/30 for rushdown/kombos/reversal works really well with most characters. Put it on Scorpion and Sub-Zero and they've been doing fine though I haven't tried using them in Towers yet.
For Noob Saibot I made a custom AI set with 5 rushdown, 30 kombos, 20 reversal, and 5 zoning and he's probably the strongest AI I have right now. Equipped Sickle Snag, Air Tele-Slam and Shadow Portals abilities on him.

Jacqui 30 Rushdown and 30 Combos works better in Towers than it probably should.

It's useless in AI battles with other players, though. Still trying to figure those out.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
My Skarlet has
5 Grappling
8 Rushdown
15 Kombos
10 Reversal
12 Zoning
10 Runaway

I gave her Bloodport, Red Rain and Cell Siphon. She's doing fine so far.

But I guess I can't let the IA just do their thing right? I have to stay around to hit the "Kontinue" button

Pizza

Thrill Kill
btw I sent Shao Kahn to battle other IA teams and 80% of the time he got his ass kicked. Even after I changed some of his abilities and IA behaviou loadouts. Anyone else experiencing the same?

And as such, my characters most of the time beat Shao Kahn when he's on the rival team.