What's new

Question Opinions on the Bola loop going forward

chowdizzle

Time for the Bland Salami!
So the infinite has been removed but the way they went about it was exactly as they said "a hotfix."

Because they couldn't deal with the meterless MB in a hotfix they just made it blockable as basically a workaround. So when they actually get around to doing a real fix, how would you guys say it should work?

Should this be a loop that gets you basically 100% for 4 meter, or should they keep it how it is and make it blockable if you whiff?

Honestly I think this character is really good, if she had that even without the MB glitch she may be too strong. What do you guys think?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The second bola, if it ever hit the opponent should do what throwing two bolas at your opponent normally does. This should not be a loop at all.

chowdizzle

How would it be an infinite? 2 bolas cause a hard knockdown, the whiff 1 causes it to become a glitch, which they fixed.
I guess you could call it a glitch, I thought of it more as an exploitation of the game's engine. When combined with the meterless glitch it became an infinite. I was basically saying if it worked how it did yesterday except MB Bola actually cost meter, it'd be a 100% 4 meter loop. As it is now though, there's no loop at all. Which is okay with me lol. The vortex on this one is strong enough.

chowdizzle

No it wouldnt cause whiffing an attack wouldnt reset the hit counter like it does now.
Err, I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean. Why wouldn't whiffing an attack reset the combo counter? It still does, but bola becomes blockable.

jaym7018

Noob
Err, I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean. Why wouldn't whiffing an attack reset the combo counter? It still does, but bola becomes blockable.
Im talking about when its fully fixed.

D2,bola,whiff,(mb),d2,bola

Will just be 4 hit combo that ends in a hard knockdown. Cause 2 bolas in 1 combo gives a knockdown.

chowdizzle

Im talking about when its fully fixed.

D2,bola,whiff,(mb),d2,bola

Will just be 4 hit combo that ends in a hard knockdown. Cause 2 bolas in 1 combo gives a knockdown.
Oh boy this character is a mess right now. So you're just saying that they'll remove the combo counter reset, I'd agree with that. Yup, in that case, MB Bola will be entirely useless.

jaym7018

Noob
Oh boy this character is a mess right now. So you're just saying that they'll remove the combo counter reset, I'd agree with that. Yup, in that case, MB Bola will be entirely useless.
Not entirely if you land a full screen bola somehow you cant get there fast enough to j2,111 for a reset so meter burning into a combo could be beneficial.

chowdizzle

Not entirely if you land a full screen bola somehow you cant get there fast enough to j2,111 for a reset so meter burning into a combo could be beneficial.
You don't think that a full screen bola into dd-3 MB would be better in that case?

chowdizzle

That would combo thus you couldnt end it with a reset. Could you get more damage of a dd3 mb combo ?
MB Bola wouldn't get you a reset either. TBH I have no idea what would be more beneficial, for all I know dd-3 would scale and ruin the potential damage. Lab time it is.

You can dash in 111 after a full screen bola or Smoke Bomb. I honestly dont know any practical applications of a MB Bola yet, maybe more combo damage or something?

jaym7018

Noob
You can dash in 111 after a full screen bola or Smoke Bomb. I honestly dont know any practical applications of a MB Bola yet, maybe more combo damage or something?
Can you really? I couldnt dash into a j2,111 didnt think about dashing all the way. Stil though if mb bola means killing the opponent better to do that than risk them guessing right on the reset.

Yes, really. :)

Also, I just tested J2, 111. You can do that as well. Maybe you are just a wee bit slow. Full screen bola, double dash, j2, 111. Although I think just going straight into a full combo might be a better idea, especially if it kills them.

chowdizzle

Yes, really. :)

Also, I just tested J2, 111. You can do that as well. Maybe you are just a wee bit slow. Full screen bola, double dash, j2, 111. Although I think just going straight into a full combo might be a better idea, especially if it kills them.
Damn, this character is so nasty. So then yes, almost no reason for MB Bola.

Saitsu

Noob
No, there's just no reason for MB Bola period really.

Which is why I didn't want her banned (post-UFGT at least) until she's fixed. Because she would have no reason to use MB Bola outside of the glitch in the first place.