What's new

Online Training Mode

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
What if NRS released training room online that allowed you and another player (maybe even a few) to connect to that would display all of the damage and options similar to the offline training mode.

Whenever I am on TYM or I play against someone online that is hungry to improve I have the urge to help them out and explain things that will make them better players but there is really no way to practically show them.

I've been thinking this for a while in multiple fighting games and I wonder why nobody ever seems to do it. I know this shouldn't be their number one priority but would anyone be in favor of something like this?

Subby

Frost Warrior
It seems like a good idea. Would be cool if you can do this with other people in a KOTH room before your turn is next.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
It seems like a good idea. Would be cool if you can do this with other people in a KOTH room before your turn is next.
They actually did something like this in smash bros brawl. As you are waiting to connect to your opponent it lets you beat up a punching bag which was a neat idea.

Would be cool to highlight a training room option as you're waiting and beat up that stuntman.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I think it would be an interesting idea, hopefully someone will incorporate this eventually, fighting games are starting to break away from being egotistical outputs for people to best one another and are becoming more community based. In time I think we'll see a lot of things change. Hopefully the general attitude towards fighting games and people losing will improve also.

Makes me wonder how things differ in Japan since they always have such a calm relaxed attitude, even when Japanese players lose.

Sonya Blade

Mission Accomplished
Honestly, I've been lobbying for this ever since HD Remix came out. It really surprises me that arguably the most popular fighting game company in Capcom never integrated this within their online features.

As for Mortal Kombat 9, I would absolutely love to see this feature. My friend and I always test stuff out against each other online, but unfortunately we have to deal with the settings of it being an actual match, making it really inconvenient to try out certain things.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
I must say that this is a very good idea, and I'm surprised that I've never seen it implemented in a fighting game.

Runefyst

Noob
My friend & I train all the time online within the constraints of a timed player match. Having a training mode to use instead would be amazing....

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'd really like to see an actual competitive fighter make a competitive fighting game; you know all this shit would be implemented. Why Tom Brady was only used as a tester and had no creative output is beyond me. We'd have had a functional trainer at the very least.