What's new

Online Tier List - PSN/XBL MKAK

MRIGOTBASS

I would like to open a discussion for an Online tier list for Ultimate MK3.
This is for online only remember, such an important topic to discuss, I scoured the board and could not find this touched on.

On PSN, I believe the top 3 are Nitewolf, Ermac ,Sub Zero and Reptile.

With Nitewolf I love shoulder charging mixup people. Some characters like kabal cannot even spin my nitewolf after a blocked shoulder I am that fast with him. LOL'z I just abuse it to no end and I am pretty sure offline it would be the same.

My Ermac is so fast online, that for the most part i am so fast with the teleport that even if my opponent blocks it, i am so fast that i can full punish combo him anyhow, also offline i believe it would be almost the same. Ermac is so fast in the right hands that I can actually do the lift move if my opponent is in the air.

With Reptile I flood the screen with the green balls and then do the dash so fast that even if they block it i can usually get a combo off anyhow.

Now with SubZero I usually do the clone and then jump over people and even if they try to uppercut me I am so fast on the controls i can usually throw them when i land.

It would be great to hear everyones opinion on Online Tier Lists.

Cam

nwo

Noob
A good online connection

1. Nightwolf
2. Kabal
3. H.Smoke
4. Ermac
5. Kitana (this is hard, Kano, Lao, and Reptile are right on her ass)

A SHIT online connection

1. Nightwolf
2. Kitana
3. Robo Smoke
4. Kabal
5. H.Smoke

1. Kabal
2. H.Smoke
3. Kung Lao
4. Ermac / Kano / Nightwolf
5. Reptile (higher in the right hands)

Last edited:

MRIGOTBASS

A good online connection

1. Nightwolf
2. Kabal
3. H.Smoke
4. Ermac
5. Kitana (this is hard, Kano, Lao, and Reptile are right on her ass)

A SHIT online connection

1. Nightwolf
2. Kitana
3. Robo Smoke
4. Kabal
5. H.Smoke

1. Kabal
2. H.Smoke
3. Kung Lao
4. Ermac / Kano / Nightwolf
5. Reptile (higher in the right hands)
I think you put Kung Lao in the offline #3 you actually wanted to put him in Online Bad Connection #3??

Offline that character has no tools at all, other than some cool transport options, however his only tool (Inifi) setup will not work as its easily as it does online. Mid to Mid-Low character at best.
Online he mid to low tier as well however you may have some players that will end up in the infinite because of online only.

Kabal is not effective at all vs any teleporting ninja in a bad connection, online he is not top 5 maybe top 10 top 5 not on my list.

nwo

Noob
I think you put Kung Lao in the offline #3 you actually wanted to put him in Online Bad Connection #3??

Offline that character has no tools at all, other than some cool transport options, however his only tool (Inifi) setup will not work as its easily as it does online. Mid to Mid-Low character at best.
Online he mid to low tier as well however you may have some players that will end up in the infinite because of online only.

Kabal is not effective at all vs any teleporting ninja in a bad connection, online he is not top 5 maybe top 10 top 5 not on my list.
Speed and maneuverability are Lao's best strengths, and is the first thing to go when playing online. His infinite is only landed online when the opponent makes a critical mistake, and its much harder to "force" a mistake in a slower paced game. Also high execution characters (characters with infinities such as Reptile and Lao) get cheated more online due to dropped inputs / lag spikes / delay / change of timing.

As far as Kabal goes, in a good online connection he is easily top 5. My experience with MKAK is very poor so maybe you might look under my "shit" connection tier list.

MRIGOTBASS

Also high execution characters (characters with infinities such as Reptile and Lao) get cheated more online due to dropped inputs / lag spikes / delay / change of timing.
More mistakes happen online for any character not just a specific character, More Mistakes = More Infi chances.
Kung Lao has the easiest infinite in the game other than Stryker, on PSN almost everyone can do that easy infite, do you play PSN? Almost all of the top players can do that move with tthier eyes closed.

Sindel corner infinite by SeriousBackup7 on PSN takes execution, or reptile.

Kung Lao IMO Poopy Tier

nwo

Noob
More mistakes happen online for any character not just a specific character, More Mistakes = More Infi chances.
Kung Lao has the easiest infinite in the game other than Stryker, on PSN almost everyone can do that easy infite, do you play PSN? Almost all of the top players can do that move with tthier eyes closed.

Sindel corner infinite by SeriousBackup7 on PSN takes execution, or reptile.

Kung Lao IMO Poopy Tier
Being able to "do" his basic infinite is one thing. Being able to land it vs good players and be consistent with it is not easy, especially online.

on PSN almost everyone can do that easy infite, do you play PSN? Almost all of the top players can do that move with tthier eyes closed.
I owned a PS3 for a week and I probably played a hundred players on MKAK, I saw 1 good Lao other than mine and I was too drunk to remember the guys name.