What's new

online stuff that just feels off

im starting to mistrust the online, despite the apparently good netcode.

weird stuff that happened:

• i get up, do nothing but block, but get hit by a projectile and out of all things it says "kounter" on the side. even if i blocked too late, its not a kounter.
  • i block liu kangs f43u3 which is + 4 and put out raijin raidens db3, which is a 4 frame mid, as a reversal (it said so on the side), and still get hit by the next f4, which is 9 frames. it was point blank so a hitbox issue seems unlikely.
these are just 2 examples of things that really make me wonder if everything works right there and which are not related to lag.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I haven't encountered any issues like that but I was doing this tag battle tower with this guy and we had a terrible connection, so much so that I would do D'vorah's F13~DB4 and consistently get F13~DB3. I quit after three matches because I thought I had release check on somehow. But that was a horrendous connection, not something that ever bothered me otherwise.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Online is really hit or miss. Its miss most of the time for me. Even when I play against people that show 45-70ms pings, the game isn't that stable and feels like you're rolling dice on punishing stuff which is easily punishable offline.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I had this weird thing as Kano, where I predicted a roll out in the corner, but my command grab completely whiffed as he rolled towards me, and instead a block sound happened aaaaaaaaaand I lost the game

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Recorded the tail end of this ranked set vs a very bad Erron Black. Mind you, it said this was a 83ms wired connection at the start of game 1. Yay for B2's coming out Lifts after a ducked fatal blow among other things. Oh, and gotta love how the lag/disconnecting icon looks like a penis, just in case you didn't know you were being screwed. :rolleyes:

I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like this has been more of an issue after the last patch.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I’ve had similar problems of getting hit by low fireballs when I’m clearly blocking low getting up. Feels bad. To think the net code was feeling so great at first. Hope NRS will fix these things soon

I think it's gotten particularly worse after the recent bug fix patch.
I experienced the same. After the server maintenance and the latest patch on PS4, connenction is much more unstable. I barely had any laggy matches before but since the patch I've had 2 game session not available disconnects and several lag issues where the matches were literally paused during fighting until we could move again. Even with good connection indicators, the matches turned out to be laggy or unplayable. I use the same setup since launch but the latest update messed something up.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Its not plus online. What u talking about? I main jax myself and I know that d1 after f33 only might work against ppl who dont know Jax's frame data. After f33 ur turn is over
Tell that to the Jax that was consistently hitting me at -11 after a naked f3 with his f2 straight out of my d1 each and every time.
It's online, no big deal, but online certainly is bad on PC right now.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Tell that to the Jax that was consistently hitting me at -11 after a naked f3 with his f2 straight out of my d1 each and every time.
It's online, no big deal, but online certainly is bad on PC right now.
Online on pc is 10 times better then on xbox wtf u talking about. U think u have delay on pc? Add atleast 5 more frames on xbox. Some of kung laos bnb combos i dont even try to use on xbox thats how much difference their is.

Online on pc is 10 times better then on xbox wtf u talking about. U think u have delay on pc? Add atleast 5 more frames on xbox. Some of kung laos bnb combos i dont even try to use on xbox thats how much difference their is.
yeah I've given up on doing anything other than 1,3,4 after ring cancel now online