What's new

Online Scrub Tier List

That time of the game cycle to discuss some online scrub tier list. This tier list will show which characters benefit greatly from online play and have scrub friendly tactics that help average players win in ways that most definitely would not work as well in an offline environment or just general higher level play. It also takes into account tactics that could be strong in an offline setting and are just brain dead easy to execute. Just remember this tier list discussion is just for fun and not meant to take seriously. I’ll begin

S+ tier: Smoke, Mileena, Tanya, kung lao, Omni scrub
S tier: scorpion Johnny cafe, Ashrah, baraka
A tier: Raiden, reiko, Liu kang, nitara, kenshi
B tier: sindel, reptile, havik, Shang, geras
C tier: kitana,rain, shao, li mei, sub

Legend has it that to this day it is impossible to play smoke if you have a wired connection.

Fun fact, it is impossible to block a random Mileena roll in 40% combo if the opponent has a wifi connection.

Finally, it’s so cute to see kunt lao tanya players think they’re good because they can do armored launcher into armored launcher. Dive kick on whiff- armored launcher. Expose that game plan, the whole player just crumbles.

Respect to the c tier players. Who is the bane or your existence in ranked online? Discuss

Last edited:

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Raiden has to be S+. I've gotten more quitalities off playing Raiden than all my other characters combined. A lot of casuals really hate playing against sub, too.

Rain and Sindel player. The bulk of my online sets are met with constant insults because I throw projectiles into meter build until I find the opening to put them in HTB hell on knockdown/combo ender.
The vast majority they don't make it past meter build stage.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I really don't understand, they added another dumb, super scrub friendly character which with Lao kameo is a different flavour of dumb Cage/Lao combination which almost everybody already hated.

I mean i get it, Scrubni man must be very good and scrub friendly coz otherwise casuals wont buy him(sales, more sales!) but for me - it makes the game even more broken and not fun. Like seriously i was never so happy that next the Tekken is coming soon like now, which is really odd since i was always a MK guy and the other fighting games were just on the side.

Smoke scrubbiness is spamming two unsafe teleports and an overhead that can be interrupted on reaction, the only way this method works is if you yourself are also a scrub

Actual smokes are greatly harmed by lag, because the vapor cancels dont work and we get punished 50% each time.

Best wifi warrior team is liu kang kung lao, because teching throws in bad lag is impossible and zoning also becomes stronger the worse the lag. All the top zoners like shang and reiko dominate in slow wifi

Smoke scrubbiness is spamming two unsafe teleports and an overhead that can be interrupted on reaction, the only way this method works is if you yourself are also a scrub

Actual smokes are greatly harmed by lag, because the vapor cancels dont work and we get punished 50% each time.

Best wifi warrior team is liu kang kung lao, because teching throws in bad lag is impossible and zoning also becomes stronger the worse the lag. All the top zoners like shang and reiko dominate in slow wifi
So what you’re saying is that you main smoke. Got it. That’s the whole point. If you are playing against cardboard wifi smoke, something that would be usually easily reactable is not.

With all this being said, I am hugely opposed to any future nerfs to any characters or kameos. Let’s bring up by buffing.
I don’t want another “balanced” but soooo boring game like mk11

I finally played a good omniman using kung lao, i retract any excuse i made, character needs nerfs
Wait Omni-Man needs nerfs?
Or Kung Lao Kameo?
I don't think he needs nerfs, I found plenty of counterplay. If he's using Lao hat he can make shit safe but you can always armor through his 12, duck his B11 and 222 is flawless block punishable.
His EX Vitramite Stance is punishable by entire roster on reaction with lows some overheads and jump ins.
Sky drop from stance is UpBlockable and they need Kameo to make it safe but Upblock still stops their following buttons they inputed with it.
It seems more like Omni-Man has tons of counters and all specials punishable but Kameo is what's making him safe like most characters.

So you played one good Omni-Man+ Lao Kameo and you now think he's broken?
I wouldn't personally nerf any DLC character before a few months after release just in case there's counter tech or counterplay that's discovered after honeymoon phase
I do however understand a strong top tier DLC being incredibly frustrating to fight. Been there many times.

Wait Omni-Man needs nerfs?
Or Kung Lao Kameo?
I don't think he needs nerfs, I found plenty of counterplay. If he's using Lao hat he can make shit safe but you can always armor through his 12, duck his B11 and 222 is flawless block punishable.
His EX Vitramite Stance is punishable by entire roster on reaction with lows some overheads and jump ins.
Sky drop from stance is UpBlockable and they need Kameo to make it safe but Upblock still stops their following buttons they inputed with it.
It seems more like Omni-Man has tons of counters and all specials punishable but Kameo is what's making him safe like most characters.

So you played one good Omni-Man+ Lao Kameo and you now think he's broken?
I wouldn't personally nerf any DLC character before a few months after release just in case there's counter tech or counterplay that's discovered after honeymoon phase
I do however understand a strong top tier DLC being incredibly frustrating to fight. Been there many times.
I agree with everything you said here, especially that he doesn’t need nerfs. I just think most people’s issue with him (maybe I’m just speaking for myself here lol) is that his movement options can be overwhelming compared to most of the cast. His teleportation moves, all of his side switching moves, and he has way more air options than pretty much anyone on the cast. He plays a different game than most of the characters, and once people get used to a character like him in this game I think we’ll hear less complaints

i don’t think he’s nerf worthy but at the moment he can be damn frustrating to fight against

What I can't stand is when my opponent's connection enables them to back dash after a point blank blocked down 1. Then they whiff punish my d1. I can just hear the chimpanzees mashing smoke and omniman hooting and hollering in their shared wifi dorm. No mic needed. I hear them even in my dreams