What's new

Online Reptile Cheap?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i am sick and tired of people bitching about reptile online.. Almost every single time i win a match the opp has to comment on how i only won cus its online and reptile is cheap.. Even some friends too.. its ddammmnnn annoying.. People say it soo much I myself have started to doubt my wins and my skill..
I have come to the conclulsion that its bullshit what they say cus i have spent countless hours studying and playing and practicing with reptile and if i win its cus i deserve it. This is kind of a rant but in the backof my head i kinda still wonder if theyre right..

What do you fellow reptile players think?

Fenro

Nordic myth
The major reason reptile is so hated online is the fact that elbowdash which should be fully punishable on reaction becomes safe due to lag and server response time. reptile players can rack up 9/1 W/L ratio just by spamming elbowdash and slide mix ups. In an offline environment its always a risk to get blocked while doing a slide/elbowdash because most of the good players always punish it accordingly.

online just fucks up the risk/reward ratio for reptile making him god tier there.

you can mostly get anyone trying to punish blocked elbowdash by just spamming another dash right after the blocked one which would never work offline.

This is what i usualy get trying to play reptile players

Offline (block elbowdash) punish with johnnys B3 -> dash2, dash2, dash2, dash44xNutpunch

Online (Block elbowdash) Trying to punish with B3 -> Get fucked by server response time and caught in another elbowdash.

reptile is the only char i dont play against online mostly because of these facts.
and because 80% of repy players just abuse this scrub tactic and think they are actually good...

Even if you know the correct spacing and what can punish Elbow Dash, any input delay makes it extremely difficult to punish or react to. Reptile (and Raiden) can get away with ridiculous stuff online that would never fly offline.

And no, it's never the case online that you always win because you "deserved" it.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
The elbow dash becomes barely punishable and forceballs are harder to get around. Most characters have some online bullshit though so I wouldn't let it get to you.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Reptile makes me hate the game. Not only he counters every tool and normal that I have, I think he is actually a bad matchup for Stryker (at least for me). So talk about a character who already has advantage over every possible answer that I have and adding the elbow spam on top of it. Since I'm an online warrior, this matchup is currently 9-1 in his favor :-(

Fenro

Nordic myth
IF U R GONNA PLAY ONLINE DONT CRY ABOUT IT.

........ :cool: you just got ... CAGED!

No but seriously speaking, some players like to use online as a training ground when they cant get to offline meetings or such.
Most of these players would like to fight legit tactics and actually learn something. There are actual legit reptile players online who do use tourney viable execution on their part, but they are a rare breed.

My solution is an easy one, take the first match with a reptile player (win/lose) and judge was that guy "legit" if not just leave.
Its seriously not that hard to check if a guy is crappy with reptile and racking up win with horrible lagfest setups.

Metalic

Noob
It takes adjusting, but elbow dash is still full combo punish on block, even online. The negative frames are pretty insane, you just gotta let it rip. Although I'll admit, the window for punish is pretty damn stupid when compared to offline, close to safe. I play Reptile a bit, not my main by a longshot but I use the character. A good portion of the higher level players I go against can punish dash like 7/10 times or so. Should be 10/10, but that's the online factor for you. Some characters may have a much harder time punishing than others, I can't really comment on that. On the topic of the value of your wins; Online is full of people who complain but refuse to better themselves, I wouldn't take too much of it to heart. Though if you ARE getting your dashes blocked often, I'd work on that.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
........ :cool: you just got ... CAGED!

No but seriously speaking, some players like to use online as a training ground when they cant get to offline meetings or such.
Most of these players would like to fight legit tactics and actually learn something. There are actual legit reptile players online who do use tourney viable execution on their part, but they are a rare breed.

My solution is an easy one, take the first match with a reptile player (win/lose) and judge was that guy "legit" if not just leave.
Its seriously not that hard to check if a guy is crappy with reptile and racking up win with horrible lagfest setups.

The game is illegal in Australia. I know all to well the pains of online because I only have one real life friend who imported the game. But it's because I am an online warrior that I've developed this mentality. I of course want to, and do play as legit and as close to real life as I can online. But there is nothing I can do to stop others who want to abuse the online aspects. So if one wants to play online, one must suck it up and deal with it! ;)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Kano > Reptile in terms of online play. I can punish a blocked elbow dash online, I can not punish a blocked up ball online and that shit seems to actually give like +20 advantage on block online. If you even attempt to punish it online, you're immediately treated to a second up ball.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
ha woow you guys complain and say you cant punish it... dont get me wrong its hard but deffinitely possible. if you cant punish it im sorry but youre just not very good then and you need work on reaction time.. ive been punished pllleeeeeenntyy by good online players yes online.. and eveerry single character has a cheaapappp ass move that works wonders online.. really youre bitching about rep when you play johnny... online his frame traps literally become unescapable so please dont complain.. havae you tried punishing mileenas teleport online.. almost impossible.. what about kl kick teleport... extremely hard. what about raidens tteleport... what about rains teleport also hard to punish online... sonyas instant dive kicks.... kanos ball spamming online.... kabals instant fire n dash cancels online are dumb... liu kangs f12 d3 is a block infinite online if done correctly... cyrax eassyyyy 75% easy reset....
point is theres a lot of bullshit in this game so stop bitching

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Online reactions mean nothing. However, anticipation becomes even more important. You can punish most things online still if you are anticipating it. There are many situations offline you can rely on reacting to, that you can't online.

This is without adressing varied timing online, btw. That is what hurts me the most I think when trying to punish online.

Many online players may find themselves surprised getting something punished or AAed completely on reaction when they play decent players offline.

GNG Iniquity

Online reactions mean nothing. However, anticipation becomes even more important. You can punish most things online still if you are anticipating it. There are many situations offline you can rely on reacting to, that you can't online.

This is without adressing varied timing online, btw. That is what hurts me the most I think when trying to punish online.

Many online players may find themselves surprised getting something punished or AAed completely on reaction when they play decent players offline.
It surprises me when I face people who can actually AA jab online, every time I've attempted it online on reaction, as opposed to anticipation I eat a JIP. But yeah, you're right, offline and online are two totally different games.

I just suck at online because frankly I don't care to change the way I play to cater to it as online is only truly useful for generic MU experience.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
everyone has to realize that more than 90% of mk is online. there are very few tournament players and i hate the people who hardly play offline and have never been to a tourny talking shit about online players

Reptile, Kano, Raiden, Kung Lao and Scorpion are all extremely cheap and almost unbeatable in the right hands online.

Reptile, Raiden and Kano especially. They get away with murder.

A lot of online players can't understand why they are cheap online because they never play offline so they have no idea how unsafe their characters specials and strings really are. Someone who spams Up Ball or Elbow Dash offline would eat 30% combos 100% of the time vs good players that know how to block and punish. Online, the most you can do is D1 or attempt a throw.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'm pretty sure Elbow Dash can be punished with a throw, even online. If you can't, and somehow your opponent hits you with a second Elbow Dash before your throw connects, then the match is too laggy to bother with. I win against most Reptiles, but there are times when the match is so laggy that you can't even block on reaction to the opponent's wakeup Elbow Dash. That's f'ing ridiculous. On the other hand, I've played Reptiles that barely lag. I have actually managed to punish these with Smoke's 2 1 Smoke Bomb.

But yeah, Reptile is generally a bullshit character online that benefits from lag. With proper spacing, it's not very hard to beat them (well, with my character), but the fact remains that they can abuse Elbow Dash like crazy. That said, lag doesn't save them from Freddy. <3

GNG Iniquity

everyone has to realize that more than 90% of mk is online. there are very few tournament players and i hate the people who hardly play offline and have never been to a tourny talking shit about online players
Nobody talks shit about online players, people talk shit about typical online warriors who think online actually means something, while in retrospect it means nothing because the game performs entirely different offline. I play online, do I take it seriously? Hell no.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
This is where the term ONLINE WARRIOR comes from, people who abuse moves such as the elbow dash or even abuse jumps ins and cross overs because online you cannot punish those things on reaction. There are some very good online players that don't resort to these such as myself and people need to know that not every online player will do bad because not everyone abuses these things. I don't abuse reptile dash/low poke after kartwheel(sonya), and i hardly jump which is what most online players seem to love doing. But i give little to no respect for people that abuse stupid things like that. Online Reptile= Gaytier.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
This is where the term ONLINE WARRIOR comes from, people who abuse moves such as the elbow dash or even abuse jumps ins and cross overs because online you cannot punish those things on reaction. There are some very good online players that don't resort to these such as myself and people need to know that not every online player will do bad because not everyone abuses these things. I don't abuse reptile dash/low poke after kartwheel(sonya), and i hardly jump which is what most online players seem to love doing. But i give little to no respect for people that abuse stupid things like that. Online Reptile= Gaytier.
That funny I thought online warrior meant ppl who have no exposure or opportunity to play offline. Which is why I consider myself to be one of them. I guess it means different things to different ppl :) speaking of blocking on reaction, for some reason I find it hard to constantly block NW EN shoulder. I swear my block button doesn't work against that move even when I bait it :-(

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
That funny I thought online warrior meant ppl who have no exposure or opportunity to play offline. Which is why I consider myself to be one of them. I guess it means different things to different ppl :) speaking of blocking on reaction, for some reason I find it hard to constantly block NW EN shoulder. I swear my block button doesn't work against that move even when I bait it :-(
yea i mean it can go both ways but i think my definition is a little bit better cuz theres many offline players that have seen me play and even say themselves that i could make top 8 pretty easily. i make sure i dont abuse any online tactics so if and when i go to an offline tournament i dont get fucked for something that wont work

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
There's a ton of bullshit characters online even when played legit. Every character has a bullshit online play style they can exploit with delay too. Some characters have better online tools than others though some characters (even when played correctly) are better online like reptile because of the dash alone. I'm not saying reptile doesn't suffer online at all. Any player that plays off of reaction suffers for the most part. Autopilot is the way to go online.

It's just a different game with input delay, a totally different game, I don't see how people could think otherwise.

reptile online is way harder to punish his elbow dash because he recover way too fast, offline you have more frame to punish every move he does but it is what it is..its online people cant complaint about it, that is why we go to serious tournaments, we dont take online too seriously but offline is another history...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This is also another reason why you have to have 2 playstyles if you wish to play online.And sometimes when you play one and use the other, it messes you up bad.For example:

My offline Reptile: footsies , spacing
My online Reptile: Elbow dash and 32 invis lol

Didn't play online with Reptile for about 2 weeks and then I try playing him using my offline playstyle which resulted in me failing to anti-air 2 x Slide and eating JIPs.