What's new

General/Other online ermac

Gouki

Wolf of Mibu
It's really hard to get through all that constant blocking not to mention lagging when you try to incorporate teleports in your combos

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Online just blows. The fact that this game has horrific online is a great way to kill the scene in this day and age.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
You can't even AA properly with a better character. I get so annoyed that I can't AA with Jax online but offline I get that every time someone jumps on me. Online reduces everything. Speed, your reaction time, your patience, your life...etc.

Pretty much. I don't consider myself a great Ermac, but I find myself just dropping everything when I try to play the game online. And these are combos that I pretty much do on my sleep when playing offline.

But yeah, the game's online is just too atrocious. Let us hope that maybe NRS will do something to give it a fix with the Komplete Edition of the game. That's a big ass maybe though.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
He's not too bad, his high damage and forcepush allows him to play keep away.

But yeah his offense is average and wakeups are shit.

I don't think the online is that bad anymore. When the game first came out there was terrible lag problems and after the lag was fixed there was the desyncronizing problem. Now the online has been pretty good for a while now well actually last month it was messed up and wouldn't connect for like 2 weeks straight. As far as online hindering ermacs abilities i haven't experienced this, I've competed in a 2 relatively small local tournaments and I consider myself to be a skilled ermac player I have always practiced both offline and online to prepare for tournaments. Also there's nothing wrong with taking pride in your skill online, some people view online strictly for practice. I myself have a blending of both perspectives. There are great players everywhere and its good to practice, communicate and interact with them whether it be online or offline.

I can d1 AA (or lift/push/uppercut) with ermac pretty reliably online. Same goes for standing 1 AAs with jax, cage, sonya, shang, or any other character that can do so.

Online ermac is only terrible if you're playing with a really crappy connection between both players.

Skkra

I'm sorry to say, I still think the online in this game is complete ass. Sure, I get a good connection once in a while, but generally it blows. Compared to almost any other fighter, its garbage. SF4 isn't perfect, but it feels like it in comparison to MK.

ricky

Noob
ok i'm a welsh man, i would like to start a new room for mk9 players around my country. except i wanna get it out to as many people as possible, in order to start my own "guild" as it were. can someone please tell me how to do this. the reason i'm posting in here is bcoz ermac is my main character. any suggestions will help.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
hey all, i'm an ermac user and i was wondering if there is someone on xbox live who would tutor me as it were. my mate uses smoke and he's managed to get a tutor, and yes he has improved a lot. i'm not bad with ermac by any means, i know how to use him. but i need a bit of fine tuning. if anyone thinks they can help me then please send me a friend request my gamertag is bettyswallaux.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You can't teach someone online.You just have to know the tech and know when to use it properly.Just keep learning Ermac in the forums and then play with people(online sux though but if it's all you have then hey, too bad I guess lol).

If you want to play whenever I feel like torturing myself with online feel free to add me (Gamertag is to the left under my TYM username)

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
You can't teach someone online.You just have to know the tech and know when to use it properly.Just keep learning Ermac in the forums and then play with people(online sux though but if it's all you have then hey, too bad I guess lol).

If you want to play whenever I feel like torturing myself with online feel free to add me (Gamertag is to the left under my TYM username)
Basically what he said.

You can't really teach someone over Xbox live, the best ways of learning the game is through watching gamplay, browsing the forums, training mode, and playing others. Feel free to add me if you like.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
okay i'll add you, what i meant was. is my mate got someone to help him by playing him online and then pointing out where he was going wrong. if i rephrase what i said in the first post, i want someone who can help me beat smoke lol. no i mean i make a lot of mistakes, ermac is an effective fighter but i'm not that good pulling off like pressure moves. most of ermacs moves/combos take a while to gather momentum, and if he's blocked there is a long recovery process in which time i WILL get punished. i suppose what i need help with is defensive play. someone to tell me where i go wrong and how to improve my defense/pressure game. you know what i mean?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
okay i'll add you, what i meant was. is my mate got someone to help him by playing him online and then pointing out where he was going wrong. if i rephrase what i said in the first post, i want someone who can help me beat smoke lol. no i mean i make a lot of mistakes, ermac is an effective fighter but i'm not that good pulling off like pressure moves. most of ermacs moves/combos take a while to gather momentum, and if he's blocked there is a long recovery process in which time i WILL get punished. i suppose what i need help with is defensive play. someone to tell me where i go wrong and how to improve my defense/pressure game. you know what i mean?
That's why you have to know which moves to use at the right time.

McNasty

Moist.
Totally different animal offline imo when ermac can accurately react to what you are doing hes much more of a pain.

Flagg

Noob
I havent played online for about a week now.

I'm deliberately avoiding it, but I want to take my Ermac for a test drive.

But everyone is right. Everything is reduced. With Sindel, offline I can go 44, 1, 1, 111, ex scream....that's virtually impossible to do online.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I cant even AA or do the jk tp combos online. This shows just how bad this game is online...

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I don't care what anyone here says, MK9 probably has one of the worst online netcodes around. The fact that on average there's probably around 10 frames of input lag makes the game unplayable at a high level. MK9 online and MK9 offline are 2 totally different games. Having all the added delay makes anything reactionary get tossed out the window. Stupid shit that doesn't work offline works online and ect.

MK9 netplay is not good at all.

Skkra

I don't care what anyone here says, MK9 probably has one of the worst online netcodes around. The fact that on average there's probably around 10 frames of input lag makes the game unplayable at a high level. MK9 online and MK9 offline are 2 totally different games. Having all the added delay makes anything reactionary get tossed out the window. Stupid shit that doesn't work offline works online and ect.

MK9 netplay is not good at all.
I've said it many times: its the netcode. All other fighting games have very acceptable lag. I can happily play SF4, SFxT, MVC3 and SkullGirls on PSN and have very good experiences that are close enough to genuine to truly learn from. In MK9, those are much rarer.

Sadly, online is basically all I have, so I have to utilize that tool as best I can.