What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn Online Combos

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
i'm playing war god and even with green ping i barely can connect his F1,B2 after F2. is this normal? offline no Problem.

i'm playing war god and even with green ping i barely can connect his F1,B2 after F2. is this normal? offline no Problem.
Yes its normal. It took me forever to be able to land those combos offline, let alone online. Hit confirming is nearly impossible with lag too, so I drop a lot of combos after f2, b1 that I shouldn't.

Just be patient. Play in lobbies or player match and accept that until your timing online is tight, you'll be taking a few losses due to dropped combos.

What else can you do? Once your combo timing online is tight, watch the wins pile up. War God Kotal is a monster.

EcHo

Noob
It's normal, and even with some slight delay trying to punish other characters online with F2 or F1B2 is a joke, let alone trying to juggle with them. Online it's probably better to use B1,2 or 2,1 ( ender) for extending airborne combos.

Beach

La mejor playa
It's a weird timing, I've been able to do it consistently (Ex overhead sword,F2,F1B2,Df2). Just keep trying and you'll get a feel for the timing.

Belial

Noob
KK has some of the hardest combos to do online. Even a small lag will destroy you

War God is pretty ok for online , just use f2, f1b2~df+2 enders in all situations , dont try double f+2 and fance stuff. not worth it
Sun God you can try to do f2 1 f2 d1~command grab to end combos, its 3% less than regular double f+2 combos but a little easier however still hard online. If your lag still is bad enough to do those, just dont play Sun God
Blood God... useless on lag, never use him online

mattnin

Noob
My BnB used to be jip,F2(up to 3x),ex air grab, F2, D2. It's a good easy fairly high dmg combo for online because it can simply be mashed out. Hardly any good timing is necessary, just quick button mashing. The problem is the combo is lame and button mashing doesn't help combos like f1b2,f2,b12exAir,b12,air or f2,f2,f2,b12exAir,etc that require stricter button timing.

Lately though, I've been trying to do some much better combos that I can land easily offline but they're just so difficult online. Like, f1b2,f2, forget it! I'm even dropping a bunch of simple f2,f2,b12, air grabs. It seems like it's so much easier to just mash and rapidly press a button to get my old BnB combo out.

Is everyone kinda mashing combos out or really being strict with the online button inputs? Like, when I'm doing f2,f2,f2,b12,exAir,.... should I do the b12exAir part sooner? I'm dropping that so damn much online. It's not a problem for me at all offline.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Offline is a different beast, easier to connect and no lag. Kotal suffers quite a bit online so I have to settle for less and make smaller combos and just more pressure. It just takes alot of practice my friend. You'll get it