What's new

Online Cage players...a little help?

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
So I've been playing mostly offline for awhile and decided to play a bit online the last few days. One thing is really annoying me however and that's JC's B3. Offline I use it as an anti air mostly. If someone attempts a jip or something I'll throw it out for a juggle. Works 9 out of 10 times, but online I'm finding myself eating full combos everyone time someone jumps in and I do it. Is it the lag or what? Anywho...does anyone have tips or a strategy they use against jip's that are more consistent?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
when i used cage, i felt it was where the person was in the air when i used b3 was when it worked so maybe its your timing? i used it when they were at their highest point in jumping. lag is also a issue

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I only use b3 online when I am walking backwards cuz it makes it easier for me due to spacing. otherwise go with standing 1. Toki has it right tho, its something about the spacing, and obviously lag.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm usually in the same spot and always hit offline...I'm thinking it's because I'm use to doing it on reaction and online it kind of drags. oh well...I'm gonna give standing 1 and uppercut more love.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm usually in the same spot and always hit offline...I'm thinking it's because I'm use to doing it on reaction and online it kind of drags. oh well...I'm gonna give standing 1 and uppercut more love.
you know how you can get away with landing a crossup punch.online.WAY earlier than you can offline? Seems like the same concept. I have to play with my thumbs in turbo mode to play my full game/setups online. Then going back to offline, I have to consciously slow EVERYTHING down. Or I start whiffing like....everything lol
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
you know how you can get away with landing a crossup punch.online.WAY earlier than you can offline? Seems like the same concept. I have to play with my thumbs in turbo mode to play my full game/setups online. Then going back to offline, I have to consciously slow EVERYTHING down. Or I start whiffing like....everything lol
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Me too. JC's f4,2,2,2, nut punch is a pain in the ass and nearly impossible online.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Being a reactionary player online really...really...really...sucks...

Yup, I try not to take it too seriously, but I feel like playing the AI on expert helps me out more than online at times lol. I actually believe playing against the bot on expert helps Cage players because you can practice pressure, traps, reaction, and punishing. The only thing AI won't do is spam for a long period of time which is what I run into the most, so it doesn't help there.

JagoMIH

Noob
Yeah, I would just go for uppercut or flip kick. Same with for Baraka, online I will only use db+3. It's much easier to land his bb+1, and d+1,4~df+2 offline.

KevoDaMaN

The 6
So I've been playing mostly offline for awhile and decided to play a bit online the last few days. One thing is really annoying me however and that's JC's B3. Offline I use it as an anti air mostly. If someone attempts a jip or something I'll throw it out for a juggle. Works 9 out of 10 times, but online I'm finding myself eating full combos everyone time someone jumps in and I do it. Is it the lag or what? Anywho...does anyone have tips or a strategy they use against jip's that are more consistent?
Standing 1

standing 1 is more reliable for jump ins at closer spacing because it is faster (9 frames i believe) so it will beat out jump punches easier, where as back 3 has an arc to complete before hitting the opponent. Back 3 is more reliable at farther spacings on jump ins or jump kicks or when u really anticipate well due to the crazy ass hit box. It is also amazing to use for whiff punishment or just kind of randomly as a blow up ur opponent for doign anything tool.

Theres situations where u want to standing 1 because u need it to pop out fast enough, theres situations where back 3 is perfect because u spaced the fuck out of that hoe.

oh btw whiny people in this thread u can anti-air like a champ on good connection(ONCE u get used to it! plus it doesnt fuck u up offline in fact it might even be the opposite :)) , the only things i notice are a bit hard online (esp. in lag) are converting ur f3 checks into a full anti-air combo on reaction rahter than f3 f3nutpunch.

sorry for any bitter or pretentious tones in this post.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
AAs in general are ass online, but standing 1 is a lot more reliable. Don't try to cater your offline gameplay over online; it's a waste of time. Nobody outside of online warriors is going to evaluate you off online alone, and if they do, well...their opinion shouldn't be listened to.

Point being, Cage being one of the characters with the faster normals in the game, STILL has some trouble with AAs...guess how the rest of the cast does online with AAs? lol. They're not even worth attempting, that's how bad they are. Eating JIPs all day long.
oh btw whiny people in this thread u can anti-air like a champ on good connection(ONCE u get used to it! plus it doesnt fuck u up offline in fact it might even be the opposite :))
I've tried, many a times, then I realized it's online and I don't care. From my testing, you have to develop more of a jedi like sense online to AA, since you have to do it on anticipation as opposed to reaction for the majority of connections out there. I'm not saying MK's netcode in general is ass, but the inability to AA on reaction is total ass and really kills the game. See the link below my sig in relation to what I think about MK9 online.

AAs in general are ass online, but standing 1 is a lot more reliable. Don't try to cater your offline gameplay over online; it's a waste of time. Nobody outside of online warriors is going to evaluate you off online alone, and if they do, well...their opinion shouldn't be listened to.

Point being, Cage being one of the characters with the faster normals in the game, STILL has some trouble with AAs...guess how the rest of the cast does online with AAs? lol. They're not even worth attempting, that's how bad they are. Eating JIPs all day long.

I've tried, many a times, then I realized it's online and I don't care. From my testing, you have to develop more of a jedi like sense online to AA, since you have to do it on anticipation as opposed to reaction for the majority of connections out there. I'm not saying MK's netcode in general is ass, but the inability to AA on reaction is total ass and really kills the game. See the link below my sig in relation to what I think about MK9 online.

maybe its because u play psn

B3, Uppercut, 1, doesn't matter, I get blown up everytime online...yet when I'm playing at tournaments I anti air like a boss.
yar im the guy who mirrored u at winter brawl. (ive been playing mainly liu kang and cage since then feel a lot lot better with both, at the time i was maining raiden)

i can tell you i can anti-air in koths decently, and in 1v1's with good connections its pretty god damn reliable. but i think its just because i play online so much

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I swear most people must have horrible connections... I get AA'd all the time. Hatchets, D1s, B3s, D4s, Spears, etc.