What's new

General/Other Online Abuse as a Sinestro Player

regulas

Your Emporer
If it really bothers you getting that kind of messages you can always try and just practice Close Combat (no ranged specials outside of combos), other then that it's just the nature of the character to be shooting a fair amount of ranged attacks, so unless you play mostly against stronger players (who know how to fight against zoning) you will get grief.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Huh... Am I the only one getting props on my Sinestro?

Maybe it's because I keep using bad opponents as combo/reset practice?

I mean I've gotten a lot of hate mail too, but more often than not I get props. Then again I do tend to initiate messages by congratulating good opponents on solid play win or lose.

I've been called the N word a honky and a derogatory term for Hispanics all by the same person via voice messages on XBL. I've been spammed by group parties just the number "1" while playing one of their friends in a king if the hill match for over 15 minutes (granted it was friends of the racist mentioned above). I've been called a spammer just for doing like 2 boulders and using my trait all 3 times. F**k me right? I had a superman spam his air lasers for a whole match and called me a spammer after I destroyed him. I've shut down deathstroke spam and then been told i suck and need to learn how to play. I also pulled off a reset on the guy who said I suck twice. I just can't help but laugh at it all. The thing I absolutely hate most is when people immediately back up and I guess start spamming assuming that I'm going to spam or something. And then when they start spamming I can't help but think "..... Okay well your trying to spam me with green lantern and you lose this battle. " I relate Xbox live to a South Park episode I saw where Kyle tried to find friends on Facebook. He then went on chat roulette and I believe it was Cartman who said "Kyle you have to get through all the dicks before you find someone who's actually cool."