What's new

One email address for Xbox and PS

Noob
Does anybody know if we can use one email address for both consoles. I have way to many email accounts and want to start cutting out the useless ones.

My Google kung fu is not working for me today. And I am coming up with nothing.

And secondly, I have my own website with a specialized email address that I want to start using more frequently. Can those be used for Live and PSN.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Yes you can.

I had a similar situation like this last year or more so ago.

I had 3 different accounts and 2 different credit cards in my account. It took an afternoon of my time but I was able to clean it up and make my live account one single email account.

It not too hard to do but it's annoying in a way. Was worse with the 360 interface if I remember correctly.

Noob
But does it have to be an @live or Microsoft email address on the Xbox One.
And can that same email address be used on the PSN. I only have an @live email address so I could use my Xbox. I receive 0 emails with it. And I don't use it anywhere else.

Why does Microsoft hate me. I just want to use my personalized email address.
And I just want to use one address for both consoles.
And I just want everything neat and tidy.
And I just want world peace.

It shouldn't be so hard.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
But does it have to be an @live or Microsoft email address on the Xbox One.
And can that same email address be used on the PSN. I only have an @live email address so I could use my Xbox. I receive 0 emails with it. And I don't use it anywhere else.

Why does Microsoft hate me. I just want to use my personalized email address.
And I just want to use one address for both consoles.
And I just want everything neat and tidy.
And I just want world peace.

It shouldn't be so hard.
Because Microsoft is a crappy firm and is to not be trusted anymore. Even the service is a total crap. This firm is just a bunch of money sharks, who sell only broken softwares.

Get a gmail e-mail, and you'll be fine. I had hotmail e-mails, but I no longer use them, and created a gmail to organize everything there.

And yes, you can change the e-mails ONLY via their sites. I did it a while ago. Once you get to change your e-mail via the sites, you'll see that they will be associated with your nick there, thus stored in the database. ;)

Noob
I have a gmail account. Haha, a few of them.

I couldn't set my Xbone up with it though. Is it just a set up issue that I can now change after the fact.
Will look into that.

Would have preferred my personalized one, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Thanks.