What's new

Omni Man General Discussion

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Is it me or his anti air options kind of lacking? Sub par uppercut and up block is such a risk

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
To unlock Omni-Man on PS5... hightlight MK1 icon in launch bar, press down until you see the DLC for the game. Omno-Man should be listed there as FREE. Click on it to "purchase it".. he should now be playable.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I tried using this character with Lao Kameo and it wasn't really working.

I think you pretty much have to use a good ambush Kameo like Kano with this character to cover how unsafe all his specials are.
This should help get you started.

I think it's good to think of his advancing specials as either being used for reactions, strong reads, or being covered with the hat for safety. But you can see all that in the recording.

Jynks

Sonya is getting decent results.. But we're all just screwing about until termor is out

I know a bunch of people are super satisfied with Omni-Man but I'm kind of pissed.
He has no counterplay like advertised in Kombat Kast, I'm fine with him being strong AF but he's supposed to be punished on reads for using the Highs on ends of strings!?

Then I was like maybe his super far advancing launching mid can be flawlessed? Nope! It is -6 on flawless block and no Armor gap???
This has to be a glitch or they are incredibly high.
Either use Omni-Man or what

The only good things I found is some moves counter his EX Stance like Sindel's B2 but he doesn't really need it he's safe on everything but Yolo specials on block but there's Kameo for that.

@Juggs plz tell me I'm wrong because this is depressing. I'm like the only one who's not interested in playing Omni-Man. I was actually going to make a How 2 Punish Omni-Man vid (I guess not) I'll keep labbing counters.

Update:
You can punish 222 with flawless block, I'll make a clip of different counters to Omni-Man. Looks like NRS is gonna leave the highs jailing and functioning like mids
Stephanies reply was basically she doesn't care about counterplay anymore. Says she's not a competitive player anymore.
Well it is what it is, I'll find some ways to punish this character if it kills me

Last edited:
With Jax, F4(NK)1 xx DB3, 1 seems really good

I dont see a way out without trading or armor- except for a neutral jump or back jump after the blocked 1, but you can mix in 3 after the stance to catch that

I think DB3 cancels with Jax unblockabke assist have a ton of potential

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
With Jax, F4(NK)1 xx DB3, 1 seems really good

I dont see a way out without trading or armor- except for a neutral jump or back jump after the blocked 1, but you can mix in 3 after the stance to catch that

I think DB3 cancels with Jax unblockabke assist have a ton of potential
That seems hard to input because you'll get FK a lot. You can also try to call NK before F41

Jynks

Is there no seasonal outfits to buy with season coins as he is not officially out yet?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I've never really used jax at all I was working on some setups in practice mode. I had no idea that jax stays on the screen if only the opponent gets hit by the ground shatter. Here's a short match with how I'm implementing him. I'm gonna lab oki set ups after the initial slam.