What's new

Omg is umk3 really not available?

Ok so I was just about to go buy a hard drive for my xbox 360 today and then I just read that umk3 was removed from xbl. Is this true?! I'm sorry I know this is probably a dumb question and I'm probably real late. But ugh please someone reply...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It is gone from the marketplace. If you already have it, you can play it though.

I've heard that you can download it if a friend "recommends" it to you over XBL, but I have no idea if that is true or how you would go about doing so.

SANS POWER

Banned
You don't want to start playing on XBL anyways, download mame and play that if you haven't started already. You'll find a lot of "jobbers" on XBL, the community there sucks really bad. If you have a good computer, with a decent internet connection, I suggest playing on mame. You'll get a better gaming experience and you'll be playing the actual arcade port of the game. UMK3 on xbox has been edited, so there are minor changes in the gameplay, that actually really do make both versions of the game feel pretty different.

[COLOR=Hot Pink]Keep going with this and you will be banned. Last warning.[/COLOR]

Ok thanks both of you for answering so fast. But unfortunately I don't have a computer right now I type all of this from my iPhone. I will be getting one however in about 1 month. So what exactly is mame? Lol I know everyone seems to know but me but I'm new. Also isn't it weird playing with a keyboard on a computer?

SANS POWER

Banned
Ok thanks both of you for answering so fast. But unfortunately I don't have a computer right now I type all of this from my iPhone. I will be getting one however in about 1 month. So what exactly is mame? Lol I know everyone seems to know but me but I'm new. Also isn't it weird playing with a keyboard on a computer?
It's just a program that emulates games and let's you play with other people. You don't have to play on a keyboard, as long as you have a controller with a USB attached to the end then you can use it, like a xbox 360 wired controller. That's what I like to use, you can even use older controllers like n64 or snes, you just gotta buy or make a converter.

That sounds pretty dope. Imma have to get that. Thx for the info sans. Looks like my next pay check is going to a computer. I still wish they had it for xbox tho.

Yea I trust you guys haha but I'm most definately going to get my ass handed to me. Lol all of you guys are the ones I watch on YouTube to learn tricks. Hopefully I'll catch on better Tho sense I'll be playing you guys. Is their a lot of mk2 play on mame?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
There is always someone playing either UMK3 or MKII on the West Wonderland server.

I really have to get off XBL and start playing on Mame.

Is there a good write up or tutorial somewhere on how to set it all up?