What's new

Omen of Sorrow - Vladislav III & Dr. Hyde combos.

ETC

ETCCHILE

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Interesting combos. The OKI moves in there are new to the NRS-like games. I have a question here. What moves do scale the combos' damage? @ETC Mcfly

Oh, and is there a Counter-Attacking character there? He would be similar to Piccolo and Hit for me.

Last edited:
Hey, what' up, I'm Felipe, Game & Combat Designer for Omen of Sorrow. I just made this account to take questions from you guys.

@Tanno All moves scale, but scaling is handled differently for normals and specials. Damage scaling is applied per move rather than per hit in the case of specials, but per hit instead of per move in the case of normals, so multi-hitting normals--while really good for confirming--will scale your combo further than single-hitting normals. At the same time, normal moves apply less scaling to damage than special moves do, so using links in your combo can sometimes be more optimal than just bold cancelling into specials. Super moves will never scale down below about a third of their total damage.

And yeah, there is a counter-based character, tho IDK how similar I can say it is to characters like Piccolo or Hit.

Anyways, I'm usually working but feel free to AMA and I'll try and get to it when I can.

There was a demo up on PSN, I'm not sure if you can still download it.
It's down right now, sadly. It was only available for download during the PSX weekend. If you managed to get it you should still be able to play it, tho.

This game have an official release or still in the beta stages? Nice combos
We haven't announced a release date yet, but it's sooner rather than later! Any footage you see is still in Beta tho.

Tanno

Hey, what' up, I'm Felipe, Game & Combat Designer for Omen of Sorrow. I just made this account to take questions from you guys.

@Tanno All moves scale, but scaling is handled differently for normals and specials. Damage scaling is applied per move rather than per hit in the case of specials, but per hit instead of per move in the case of normals, so multi-hitting normals--while really good for confirming--will scale your combo further than single-hitting normals. At the same time, normal moves apply less scaling to damage than special moves do, so using links in your combo can sometimes be more optimal than just bold cancelling into specials. Super moves will never scale down below about a third of their total damage.

And yeah, there is a counter-based character, tho IDK how similar I can say it is to characters like Piccolo or Hit.

Anyways, I'm usually working but feel free to AMA and I'll try and get to it when I can.
Hello, bro. Glad to see you here. Welcome to the ... famous TYM.

TBH, Dragonball FighterZ is the game that is teaching me a lot of things I have missed out in the other games. I'm getting used to myself, knowing what I can do and what not. Starting to learn the other stuff I didn't take into account from the other games, like the Frame Data, which, IMO, are irrelevant in the 3D games, like yours, the NRS games, Tekken, and Soul Calibur, if you get the picture. I have never been into this much deep previously, like I do in DBFZ.

Considering the above, you know that I had to ask those questions, which might be weird.

By counter-based character, I mean like you block, and the moment he tries to attack you even once, you counter with any move. If you're playing MKX, then the good example would be Assassin Kitana. Piccolo is a close counter-based character, while Hit is an all-rounder counter character. Hit can counter anything, even zoning, with the right power.

Interesting what you said about scaling. I like to experiment and find good combos. Who knows? I might find a hard AF combo. I found some hard AF combos in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if I found one in Omen of Sorrow. ;)

Hope to see you in Viennality. Can't wait to see and try this game from up close. :)

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Firstly, that stage where the background is on fire is just beautiful.

Second, when can I get my hands on this game? I need it lol

And this is a real question, is the combo system like a link/cancel one like Street Fighter? Or is it like a dial a combo like NRS games? Also, please tell me it's back to block? lol

Firstly, that stage where the background is on fire is just beautiful.

Second, when can I get my hands on this game? I need it lol

And this is a real question, is the combo system like a link/cancel one like Street Fighter? Or is it like a dial a combo like NRS games? Also, please tell me it's back to block? lol
Well, thanks for the compliments! We can't wait for it to be ready, too!

As far as the combo system goes, it's basically link/cancel, so you link between normals and then cancel normals into specials. We have a unique cancel system on top of that, tho, that gives you even more cancel routes, so you do have additional combo-extending tools.

Interesting combos. The OKI moves in there are new to the NRS-like games. I have a question here. What moves do scale the combos' damage? @ETC Mcfly

Oh, and is there a Counter-Attacking character there? He would be similar to Piccolo and Hit for me.
Hi bro! I'm very glad that @ThatGuyIMetOnce entered this thread. He manages all the information of the mechanics of the game.

DiegoMK9

Noob
It's down right now, sadly. It was only available for download during the PSX weekend. If you managed to get it you should still be able to play it, tho.

We haven't announced a release date yet, but it's sooner rather than later! Any footage you see is still in Beta tho.
Hey dude!

The game is beautiful. Congratulations and waiting for its release ;)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I'm actually hyped for this. Dr. Hyde has a command grab and setups? When's this coming out/when can i get an opportunity to play this?

I'm actually hyped for this. Dr. Hyde has a command grab and setups? When's this coming out/when can i get an opportunity to play this?
Hey man, thanks for the support! We're really looking forward to people trying the game out and giving us their impressions. This game is for the players, after all, so we're really hoping you guys enjoy it.

As for Dr. Hyde: yeah he has command grabs that let him setup either effects for his potions, projectile oki or just buff himself after a knockdown. The game should be released by the end of this year! But you may get a chance to try it out earlier if you find us at one of the many events we go to during the year.

Tanno

Hey guys, just stopped by to show off our newest character! I hope you guys like him!
This dude reminds me of Styx, the green goblin from the Styx stealth game series (Styx: Master of Shadows, Styx: Shards of Darkness). I hope he has some badass talking to say, just like Styx, because most of these times they say funny stuff.

I hope to try him in Viennality to see who'd be my main in there.