What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero (Old) Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think Subzero will be the easiest to fully main, out of the characters that we've seen so far.

His variations seem so simple yet really diverse and useful.

Ice arms tho.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I think its safe to said that every version of Sub-Zero (MK1 - MK9) has been simple & easy to pick up if you're looking to get into MK. MKX wouldn't be any different(I hope lol)

Does this means you're joining the Lin Kuei @Pterodactyl?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
1. Of course he'd be simple, much like Scorpion, but I feel he'll be the easiest to use and adjust to having multiple variations with, not necessarily just to play as. Because of how straight forward all of his stuff seems. Unlike Raiden, or Kano, or even Scorpion, who kind blur the lines or have one or two really specific-use and "out there" variations.

2. I've always been down with the Lin Kuei in general.

Subzero is the best of the main stay characters throughout MK in my opinion and i've always felt he'd make a better series protagonist than Liu Kang (and Raiden if you'd consider him that).

I didn't main him in MK9 because I didn't like the way he played, but as of now I get to choose how I want to use him and I'll be maining him in some fashion again.

He might not be number one for me in this game, but he'll be in my top characters for sure.

I'll just have to wait until I can get my hands on him.

I think I'm most curious about the properties of his ground pound special (the recent footage showed it being used in more than one variation, so it looks to be universal), and the properties of ice aura in unbreakable.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I always main Sub-Zero since he is my absolute favorite character. So taking him on in this game and exploring and learning what his variations will bring is gonna be epic. Who else thinks this new Sub is the new protector of Earthrealm? God of ice

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
No don't worry in one of the videos you see D'Vorah's bug hitting the clone and both the bug and the clone disappear.
Yeah, I think I can remember that. Chances are, this mech is universal. NRS are known for consistency, after all :DOGE

Haha yea that woukd be dumb,but you have to remember the Ice clone can know be use as a projectile now in MKX.That could be the reason behind the Ice Clone getting "destroy" instead other projectile going through imo.
I think someone said back then that only Ex-clone is throwable, but I don't know myself ofc.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Yeah, I think I can remember that. Chances are, this mech is universal. NRS are known for consistency, after all :DOGE

I think someone said back then that only Ex-clone is throwable, but I don't know myself ofc.
In the latest vids that came out of Pax Prime,one of the guys from NRS was playing as "Grandmaster" Sub-Zero and when he throw the Ice Clone there wasn't any noticeable aura or special effects.

I'm gonna go look for the video...

Found it:

Go to 4:24

Last edited:

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
All of this anticipation made me re-play every single MK from 1 to 9 as Sub-O again. And to honour this upcoming moment I shall place my very second post on this very forum exactly here. Just can't freakin' wait.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well i guess that sub zero seems to have some better mix ups now. I guess if you can cross up that air hammer to maybe get some plusframes?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Have we got enough gameplay/info to kind of guess how each variation plays or or do subby need some stream time?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Taken from practice in Kombat Kast 7:

Special moves that are present in more than one variation:

Ice Burst: db1
Ice Ball: df2
Slide: bf4

Grandmaster specific:

Ice Klone: db2
Klone Toss: df1

There is also a 1, 2 (mid, mid) string that looks somewhat fast. First hit has short range; the second hit makes Sub-Zero advance towards the opponent.

SH0CKWAVE

Follow me to Glory
Any Subby mains thinking of using every variation of Sub Zero evenly?
Taken from practice in Kombat Kast 7:

Special moves that are present in more than one variation:

Ice Burst: db1
Ice Ball: df2
Slide: bf4

Grandmaster specific:

Ice Klone: db2
Klone Toss: df1

There is also a 1, 2 (mid, mid) string that looks somewhat fast. First hit has short range; the second hit makes Sub-Zero advance towards the opponent.
very good eye

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Can't wait to play Unbreakable in ranked for the first few weeks and win simply by using parry.

If ice burst is in all variations... i'll be super stoked.

@Mechacide was one of the best tech people for him... hope you come back sir :)

Imperium

Noob
So have they announced anything more on that Blue Steel Sub-Zero skin? All we know is that the proceeds go to tournament payouts, we don't have release date or price right?

Status
Not open for further replies.