What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang [Old] Liu Kang confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoko

Somehow
Ok, guys, I know that the rumors about the appearance of Liu Kang is no longer a surprise. But I have new info. Maurizio Merluzzo, who worked with MK games before, wrote something interesting. Well-known monk would speak his voice in the Italian version. Seems legit.

Link to the proof: http://ask.fm/TheMerluzz/answer/126061788329

News found on MK Server. http://mkserver.ru
Original news: http://insidemk.altervista.org/blog/mkx-liu-kang-confirmed-by-italian-dubber-maurizio-merluzzo/

So what do you think about this? Is it Liu Kang?

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I fully expect this annoying, bland character to be in the game. He's literally the only MK character I've never once cared to play. That shot does NOT look like Shinnok at all, by the way.

It's Liu Kang. We who hate him have to deal with it. There's a whole roster of other characters to choose from. I just pray he doesn't have that stupid fucking b+3,1,2 string (or whatever it was) in this game that just becomes his entire combo until you're in the corner. That was one of the most annoying things about MK9 for me.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Ahh Liu Kang...Tried so hard to be MKs Ryu for so long.

What I most associate with LK is mimicing his sounds. "HOOP HYPE WOOLABYTE! HIP HOP YEOW!" Then the bycycle kick from MK2 was the most fun to sound out. "YODALOTTA BOOGIELOTTA WOODYLOTTA BYTE!" Say those in high pitched asian voice and tell me its not dead on haha.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
He is not just already in but he will be as his MK9 ending roll: The Fire God Liu Kang.
But that means Bo Rai Cho and half-reformed Shang are in the game too. They are all parts of the same arcade ladder arc, after all :p

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
But that means Bo Rai Cho and half-reformed Shang are in the game too. They are all parts of the same arcade ladder arc, after all :p
Sorry but no way in hell Borracho would have trained Fire God Liu Kang, just that impossible, maybe he teach him how to eat junk food and puke but not to master the fire power... but I agree with Shang being in. :).

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Sorry but no way in hell Borracho would have trained Fire God Liu Kang, just that impossible, maybe he teach him how to eat junk food and puke but not to master the fire power... but I agree with Shang being in. :).
Nope, in that arc Bo picked Shang as his apprentice so he could train a kombatant capable of taking on Liu.
It was explained that he inherited power of Shao Kahn but couldn't control it, so They kinda needed each other.
In canon it's not true obviously, but you can still come up with reasons for that. As long as you can bring Shang back.
That said, that's absolutely horrendous... not even a speculation but wishlisting at this point.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Nope, in that arc Bo picked Shang as his apprentice so he could train a kombatant capable of taking on Liu.
It was explained that he inherited power of Shao Kahn but couldn't control it, so They kinda needed each other.
In canon it's not true obviously, but you can still come up with reasons for that. As long as you can bring Shang back.
That said, that's absolutely horrendous... not even a speculation but wishlisting at this point.
Damn! I forgot Borracho train Shang in that MK9 ending, you got me there. So "apparentely" this Borracho guy has some "coach" abilities, and that's good, but coaches usually don't comptie anymore because lack of conditions due to age or whatever, and I think that would be the case for the drunk fat. :REO.

Status
Not open for further replies.